Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94617)

TexansFanatic 09-16-2012 01:31 PM

Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
His upside does not supersede his downside.

Am I the only one who sees it this way?

I hate to think of another playoff game lost thanks to a guy who forces you to hold your breath every time he's on the field.

utahmark 09-16-2012 01:38 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Maybe he is a td waiting to happen.

texanmojo 09-16-2012 02:30 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
I have to admit he is making me nervous.

GP 09-16-2012 02:31 PM

He's no JJ Moses. Holliday can take it to the house...but the decision skills and hands worry me.

Not a fan, not a hater. Just concerned, as you are.

2slik4u 09-16-2012 02:40 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansFanatic (Post 2014412)
His upside does not supersede his downside.

Am I the only one who sees it this way?

I hate to think of another playoff game lost thanks to a guy who forces you to hold your breath every time he's on the field.

I think we are overly nervous because of the Jacoby Jones debacle we have lived thru the past 4 years.

I am always nervous on punt returns. Pisses me off that I am that way.

msbbc833 09-16-2012 02:57 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
If we drop him, who else can return kicks and punts? Manning would be wasting energy on ST. Maybe Forsett?

Texn4life 09-16-2012 03:18 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
He's not going anywhere unless he starts giving the ball away. He hasn't done that as of yet. I still sense some nerves there though. I've been disappointed with our return blocking units as well. Way too many penalties today on returns.

gtexan02 09-16-2012 03:40 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
He had one muff today, but the second one hit off Quinn's helmet. Not Holliday's fault

fiasco west 09-16-2012 03:43 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by utahmark (Post 2014430)
Maybe he is a td waiting to happen.

He's both.

A accident or a TD waiting to happen.

He's dropped, muffed, way too many punts in the first couple of games though.

houstonspartan 09-16-2012 04:15 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
It's not just you. For some reason, I take a deep breath whenever he has the ball.

Dutchrudder 09-16-2012 04:26 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2014753)
He had one muff today, but the second one hit off Quinn's helmet. Not Holliday's fault

The return man is supposed to make a hand signal and back away from the area if he's not going to catch the ball. Quin and the other gunner were blocking out because they thought he was in position to make a return. They can't see the ball coming from their POV, so they have to rely on the returnman to make the call. It is completely on Holliday to call them off on short punts.

gtexan02 09-16-2012 04:30 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2014819)
The return man is supposed to make a hand signal and back away from the area if he's not going to catch the ball. Quin and the other gunner were blocking out because they thought he was in position to make a return. They can't see the ball coming from their POV, so they have to rely on the returnman to make the call. It is completely on Holliday to call them off on short punts.

I may be wrong, but I thought Holliday motioned for the fair catch and then had to get out of the way because Quinn got too close to him

Texn4life 09-16-2012 04:31 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2014819)
The return man is supposed to make a hand signal and back away from the area if he's not going to catch the ball. Quin and the other gunner were blocking out because they thought he was in position to make a return. They can't see the ball coming from their POV, so they have to rely on the returnman to make the call. It is completely on Holliday to call them off on short punts.

He's supposed to yell Peter and then they're supposed to tail off...... but it wasn't a short punt and Trindon was trying to go catch the ball which he should of done. It really was just a freak play. He's definitely learning of the job and it hasn't cost us yet. I pray it stays that way.

Texn4life 09-16-2012 04:33 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2014825)
I may be wrong, but I thought Holliday motioned for the fair catch and then had to get out of the way because Quinn got too close to him

It looked to me like GQ was telling Trindon he needs to speak up like he couldn't hear him. Trindon has to be loud and clear to get out of the way.

bo orlando 09-16-2012 04:36 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2014828)
He's supposed to yell Peter and then they're supposed to tail off...... but it wasn't a short punt and Trindon was trying to go catch the ball which he should of done. It really was just a freak play. He's definitely learning of the job and it hasn't cost us yet. I pray it stays that way.


you're not giving enough credit to the punter. anger outkicked the return, and hit it at an angle. neither quinn nor holliday expected the ball to hit anywhere close to where it did, and certainly not with the velocity that it had.

Texn4life 09-16-2012 04:40 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bo orlando (Post 2014833)
you're not giving enough credit to the punter. anger outkicked the return, and hit it at an angle. neither quinn nor holliday expected the ball to hit anywhere close to where it did, and certainly not with the velocity that it had.

I said it was a freak play. Their punter was awesome today. You normally see that kind of play of shorter punts. That wasn't really a short punt.

Buffi2 09-16-2012 04:46 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Today before his first return, he was skipping back to the goal. He reminded me more of Jacoby than Jacoby. I think there are some similarities. I just hope turning the ball over isn't one of them. He seems to call for a fair catch more often than Jacoby did which makes me feel a bit better.

TheIronDuke 09-16-2012 05:11 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Even if he broke one for a TD it'd get called back for block in the back.

dream_team 09-16-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbbc833 (Post 2014651)
If we drop him, who else can return kicks and punts? Manning would be wasting energy on ST. Maybe Forsett?

Keshawn Martin.

TheIronDuke 09-16-2012 05:20 PM

Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen
 
Or Manning.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger