Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Which players will you focus on VS Jags? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94609)

badboy 09-15-2012 10:45 PM

Which players will you focus on VS Jags?

Caldwell & Newton & Martin on offense and Cody & KJ & James on defense

The Pencil Neck 09-15-2012 10:46 PM

Re: Which players will you focus on VS Jags?

I almost always focus on the lines.

EllisUnit 09-15-2012 11:03 PM

Jean, after last weeks near TD. I want to see another deep pass to him.

dream_team 09-15-2012 11:07 PM

Cody, Cush & James!

If the Jags have any kind of chance, MJD will have to run up the middle and gain 4-5 yards a pop all game long. If they can control the clock like this, keep our offense on the sidelines, they have a decent chance at an upset.

So I'll be watching the guys in the middle, to see if they cleaned up what was going wrong from the Miami game.

Cjeremy635 09-15-2012 11:08 PM

I'm going to be looking at Foster. I don't think he looks as good as he did last season. It may be due to the O-line issues, but I just don't think he's looked the same from the start of preseason until now. It's still early in the season though, so he has time to hit his stride.

Also, I'll be looking at the O-line run blocking & Bradie James. I want James to show me something that says he's bringing something to the table on the D & not just being another body.

Lastly, I want to see Trindon have the same impact he had when the games didn't count.

badboy 09-15-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2013966)
Jean, after last weeks near TD. I want to see another deep pass to him.

good choice

steelbtexan 09-16-2012 12:34 AM

Watt/Mitchell/KJ

kiwitexansfan 09-16-2012 12:49 AM

OLine for the run game.

OLB for some pressure on Gabbert.

Texn4life 09-16-2012 12:55 AM

I'll be focusing on our safeties........ i think they will have opportunities to make some plays today. Either Manning or GQ will get a pick. I'm calling it now.

HouSportsWriter 09-16-2012 02:26 AM

I would watch the.stands for fights.

TdotTexas2Step 09-16-2012 03:12 AM

The Jags definitely took note of the troubles we showed against Miami's run game.

That entire front 7 is going to be key to a win in Jacksonville.

On offense, it'll be a longshot, but I'd like to see Posey activated.

Thorn 09-16-2012 04:19 AM

MJD vs. our run D.

Showtime100 09-16-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2013958)
I almost always focus on the lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2014004)
MJD vs. our run D.

This would be me. :brando:

Craig. 09-16-2012 07:03 AM

I'll be focusing on the broadcast and whatever players are spotlighted there. I have no interest in watching only the left tackle.

Showtime100 09-16-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig. (Post 2014008)
I'll be focusing on the broadcast and whatever players are spotlighted there. I have no interest in watching only the left tackle.

You're a right tackle kind of guy, I guess.

Craig. 09-16-2012 07:09 AM

Wrong. Long snapper. I'll be focusing intently on the long snapper.

Showtime100 09-16-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig. (Post 2014010)
Wrong. Long snapper. I'll be focusing intently on the long snapper.

Just a joke, lighten up maybe?

Long snapper suits you. :D

SheTexan 09-16-2012 08:00 AM

Well, I'll obviously be watching the O and D, but, today I wanna see who's really contributing on STs. Holliday needs a "hole" and our punter needs improvement. Maybe it's that "Jones" factor that scares me!:peek: I cringe everytime he touches the ball.

CloakNNNdagger 09-16-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2014023)
Well, I'll obviously be watching the O and D, but, today I wanna see who's really contributing on STs. Holliday needs a "hole" and our punter needs improvement. Maybe it's that "Jones" factor that scares me!:peek: I cringe everytime he touches the ball.

Our kickoff game. Our kicker(s) thoughout the PS and last week could not seem to manage to get the ball into the back or out of the EZ. The furthest it carried when it even got into the EZ was a couple yds into the EZ. The other kickers I watched last week (including Miami's) seemed to routinely get it into the back or out of the EZ. Please don't tell me that our kicker has been instructed to kick shallow because our coverage has been so great to drop the returner deep inside their 20...........because coverage has been pathetic. So what's really going on? A Marciano or Kubiak dictum? A new mysterious groin injury? Or simply a kicker that can't consistently get the ball deep enough on kickoffs........or longer FGs?

HJam72 09-16-2012 08:49 AM

Back-side of the run play on the O-line. Only cut-back I saw last week was not really a cut-"back," it was a cut-"straight-up-the-middle" on Foster's 14 yd. TD. What I'm referring to is the new rule regarding cut-blocks, because I think it's hurting our running game. I don't even remember any cut-backs to the left on running plays called to the right, which really tells me something. If Duane Brown isn't putting guys on the ground, then nobody is going to without breaking the new rule and I think it's a ZB scheme killer.

PS-cheerleaders. I like to focus on that.