Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   JJ Watt makes the Dolphins look foolish. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94511)

DX-TEX 09-11-2012 06:44 PM

JJ Watt makes the Dolphins look foolish.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ocks/#comments

Quote:

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls. The bell tolls for Hard Knocks.

Texans defensive end J.J. Watt delivered a potential death blow to the show on Tuesday, explaining on NBC Network’s Pro Football Talk that he picked up the Dolphins’ snap count by watching the show.

He was a little sheepish and guarded when explaining it to co-host Erik Kuselias, saying that the same information can be picked up from the preseason game broadcasts. But Watt said that it helped.
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/b...5154809624.gif

Rey 09-11-2012 07:05 PM

I haven't watched hard knocks, but that makes sense...

b0ng 09-11-2012 07:31 PM

Re: JJ Watt makes the Dolphins look foolish.

He would have to have spent hours dissecting hard knocks OTA footage in order to garner that little bit of information. . . that's insanity if he's being completely up front.

Texan_Bill 09-11-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 2011868)
He would have to have spent hours dissecting hard knocks OTA footage in order to garner that little bit of information. . . that's insanity if he's being completely up front.

DUDE!! Dude! He's psycho like that. :kingkong: He's the ex-Tight End converted to DE with skillz! He knows his way around the film room (errrr, Hard Knocks) and knows how time to Sh!te!!! :cowboy1:

*EDIT*

He makes Cush seem like a puss! :kitten:

Corrosion 09-11-2012 08:58 PM

I wish he would have kept that little piece of information to himself ..... for future use.

Texan_Bill 09-11-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2011959)
I wish he would have kept that little piece of information to himself ..... for future use.

Hey Rob!!!

NOPE!!!!! That was perfect!!

*ahem*

Texans NEVER go on Hard Knocks!

Corrosion 09-11-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2011970)
Hey Rob!!!

NOPE!!!!! That was perfect!!

*ahem*

Texans NEVER go on Hard Knocks!

As long as Gary's the coach and Bob's the owner ..... They aint goin on that show.

If Gary was playing poker on TV .... the hole card camera wouldnt ever see his cards.

TheMatrix31 09-11-2012 09:43 PM

What a bad ass dude.

Stemp 09-11-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2011987)
As long as Gary's the coach and Bob's the owner ..... They aint goin on that show.

If Gary was playing poker on TV .... the hole card camera wouldnt ever see his cards.

They wanted to in 2010, but the show wanted the Jets.

The Cush 09-11-2012 11:00 PM

This is what I noticed during the game. Tannehill would bark something out then yell "Go, Go" and SNAP. It was always 2 "Go's" followed by the ball being snapped. His voice was so audibly loud through the TV it was hard not to pay attention to that.

Rey 09-11-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cush (Post 2012039)
This is what I noticed during the game. Tannehill would bark something out then yell "Go, Go" and SNAP. It was always 2 "Go's" followed by the ball being snapped. His voice was so audibly loud through the TV it was hard not to pay attention to that.

Yep. When I watched the broadcast I thought the same thing to myself. I couldn't hear him everytime, but I wondered if he was gonna change that up.

Also, it doesn't take that long for an attentive defender to pick up on a qb's cadence if he isn't changing it up. Rookie mistake by Tannehill. Telegraphing his throws and his cadence against Jj watt is obviously a big f'n no no.

Corrosion 09-11-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemp (Post 2012008)
They wanted to in 2010, but the show wanted the Jets.

Who's "They" ?

Stemp 09-11-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2012050)
Who's "They" ?

Houston's front office.

Reportedly......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...exans-want-in/

NitroGSXR 09-11-2012 11:36 PM

Watt showed a little bit of immaturity here. He's teetering on the brink of turning sour in a hurry. I hope he's able to keep it all together.

pbat488 09-11-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 2012058)
Watt showed a little bit of immaturity here. He's teetering on the brink of turning sour in a hurry. I hope he's able to keep it all together.

what?

NitroGSXR 09-11-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbat488 (Post 2012064)
what?

Sorry. Let me type that a little slower for you...

DX-TEX 09-11-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 2012065)

You blew the interview way out of proportion. He likes Mario as a person but he was just brutally honest when he said the defense as a whole would not miss him.

pbat488 09-11-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 2012065)

yeah, I can read what you wrote. it just doesn't make sense.

how does admitting that he picked up a snap count from watching hard knocks make him immature? and even more perplexing, how is he turning sour? literally makes zero sense to me what you're trying to say here.

The Pencil Neck 09-12-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Whatever it was that you're seeing, I didn't see. I thought he came across very personable and cool through the whole thing.

GuerillaBlack 09-12-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

At least explain what you mean because this makes zero sense.