Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Kubiak not Happy (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94474)

Bleed_Blu_Red 09-10-2012 08:14 PM

Kubiak not Happy

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...season-opener/

Well good news on Dobbins,Cush and J-Joe.

thunderkyss 09-10-2012 08:22 PM

Re: Kubiak not Happy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red (Post 2011175)

Quote:

Im disappointed in how we ran the ball, Kubiak said today. We didnt run it very well at all.
He obviously doesn't realize the Dolphins were the #3 defense against the rush last year.

Texan_Bill 09-10-2012 08:24 PM

Well, yeah!!! The running game sucked, save a couple of occasions!! The defense wasn't really sharp (with the exception of the last 6 minutes of the first half)

My thoughts on this is twofold:

A) Arian reeled off a couple of TD's when needed and,

B) In week 10, will we actucally remember the details of a Week 1 victory of 30-10 over the Phinz??? Hardly!!!
:thinking:

Bleed_Blu_Red 09-10-2012 08:25 PM

Think it's just Kub's way of letting the players know they have to step it up.

GlassHalfFull 09-10-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2011183)
He obviously doesn't realize the Dolphins were the #3 defense against the rush last year.

Yeah, I am sure Kubiak and the Coaching staff had no idea. :toropalm:

gary 09-10-2012 08:29 PM

Good for Kubiak.

Wolf 09-10-2012 08:34 PM

I know it was the cliffnotes version

I read on twitter

Quote:

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

Kubiak: "We did not play well on special teams. We didn't cover well, we didn't return well." #Texans
Quote:

Kubiak: Dolphins ran a lot of stuff offensively we hadn't seen to start the game. Defense settled down once they adjusted
https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans

Nawzer 09-10-2012 08:37 PM

I caught the last bit of his segment on 610 today and he didn't sound happy. He kind of forcibly mentioned how we couldn't run the ball well, the opening possession in the 2nd half and the need to stuff it down the opponent throats even when they know what's coming.

badboy 09-10-2012 08:40 PM

Like Antonio Smith said the fish did some things differently but the main thing is coaches made adjustments and this game not at halftime either. Another mark of a veteran team

Bulls on Parade 09-10-2012 08:45 PM

Honestly, that opening game against Miami felt like a pre-season game to me. The Texans won 30-10 but nobody, at least the guys who want to see a Super Bowl winning team, is really happy about it. I almost feel like gearing myself up again and pretending next Sunday's game against the Jaguars is the real season opener. Whatever can get the team "up and ready" for getting to 2-0. But truth be told the Jags are not much better than the Dolphins. It may not be until Week 3 at Denver when we find out what we really have.

ArlingtonTexan 09-10-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawzer (Post 2011209)
I caught the last bit of his segment on 610 today and he didn't sound happy. He kind of forcibly mentioned how we couldn't run the ball well, the opening possession in the 2nd half and the need to stuff it down the opponent throats even when they know what's coming.

Just like many of us, kubiak understands that this is his best team with the best chance to go far. a couple of years ago, he would not have been as disappointed in the exact game. he is not just playing the Dolphins here, but also projecting that execution and effort against the Ravens or Patriots. I don't think it was good enough on Sunday, and apparently neither did Kubes.

Texecutioner 09-10-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red (Post 2011190)
Think it's just Kub's way of letting the players know they have to step it up.

Yep, and I like this from Kubiak. Stay on these guys. None of that Daddy Kubiak stuff. There were a lot of mishaps in the first half and it's a concern.

Good job Kubiak. Stay on top of these guys.

Bleed_Blu_Red 09-10-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2011230)
Yep, and I like this from Kubiak. Stay on these guys. None of that Daddy Kubiak stuff. There were a lot of mishaps in the first half and it's a concern.

Ya exactly nothing is going to be given to us. So he has to set the Tone and let them know they got to bring it every week.

Wolf 09-10-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan (Post 2011227)
Just like many of us, kubiak understands that this is his best team with the best chance to go far. a couple of years ago, he would not have been as disappointed in the exact game. he is not just playing the Dolphins here, but also projecting that execution and effort against the Ravens or Patriots. I don't think it was good enough on Sunday, and apparently neither did Kubes.

yep after watching the intensity of the Bronco-Steelers game and now the Bengals-Ravens

this team can't come out flat against these guys

Nawzer 09-10-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan (Post 2011227)

Yeah I agree that it wasn't a perfect game, but it was a good first game. I heard some delirious things on the radio today. For example, someone actually wanted the Texans to draft a QB next year in the 1st round next year and hope that he'll be better than Schaub. I think there's some major overreaction going on among the fans. If we're playing like this mid point in the season it'll be a cause for concern, but as of today I'm happy with the win.

Corrosion 09-10-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2011183)

He realizes it .... he just expects this team to perform .... Credit to the Fish tho.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2011230)

You've come a long way from your pink soap days .... So has Gary as a coach.

ah wth .... have some rep.

IlliniJen 09-10-2012 09:05 PM

Does this mark the beginning of the end of the "it's on me, guys" days?

There are no participatory trophies in football...I'm glad Kubiak is now calling things out that need improvement and holding the players responsible for their performance.

Corrosion 09-10-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniJen (Post 2011271)
Does this mark the beginning of the end of "it's on me, guys?"

There are no participatory trophies in football...I'm glad Kubiak is now calling things out that need improvement and holding the players responsible for their performance.

He's done so from the get go .... tho usually behind closed doors.

I think whats changed is the expectations - both his and ours. So long 2-14 .... glad you are many years in the rear view. :cowboy1:

Bleed_Blu_Red 09-10-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2011272)
He's done so from the get go .... tho usually behind closed doors.

I think whats changed is the expectations - both his and ours. So long 2-14 .... glad you are many years in the rear view. :cowboy1:

Amen Brotha no more Expansion sqauds around here!

Texecutioner 09-10-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2011269)
He realizes it .... he just expects this team to perform .... Credit to the Fish tho.

You've come a long way from your pink soap days .... So has Gary as a coach.

ah wth .... have some rep.

Hey, I'll give him his due when he is saying strong things and trying to keep the team focused. Good for him. I'm still not a Kubiak guy, but I'm going to always root for our team either way. I like this from him though. We had a big win, but we had a lot of holes that need to get fixed. Kubiak seems to recognize this, and I'm happy to see it. Go Kubes!!! :kingkong: