Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Jacoby Jones is looking good.... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94469)

Cjeremy635 09-10-2012 06:28 PM

Jacoby Jones is looking good....

Watching the Ravens vs Bengals & JJ looks like a good receiver for them so far. Hopefully he figured it out & will have a good career there.

Hervoyel 09-10-2012 07:39 PM

Re: Jacoby Jones is looking good....

I find it impossible to wish him well. If he grows up and puts it all together up there that's a draft pick and 5 years of waiting the Texans will never get back.

thunderkyss 09-10-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2011136)
I find it impossible to wish him well. If he grows up and puts it all together up there that's a draft pick and 5 years of waiting the Texans will never get back.

Blame that on Kubiak, not the kid. The draft pick part, he had the growin up thing done the last two years he was here.

drs23 09-10-2012 08:07 PM

Spread blame where ever you wish but the fact is, to this point he's looking like a Pro WR. Good for him. Like many have said in other threads, sometimes it just takes a different setting to ply one's wares. He's been impressive so far to me.

Corrosion 09-10-2012 08:11 PM

They better check his gloves for stickum. :kitten:

BullBlitz 09-10-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drs23 (Post 2011168)
Spread blame where ever you wish but the fact is, to this point he's looking like a Pro WR. Good for him. Like many have said in other threads, sometimes it just takes a different setting to ply one's wares. He's been impressive so far to me.

Yes, hope he does well. Same for Pollard and Leach, two of my favorite former Texans.

Wolf 09-10-2012 08:13 PM

I guess Kubiak was too hard on the kid and he couldn't relax and just play to his potential :kitten:

Playoffs 09-10-2012 08:23 PM

I hope we're not going to have weekly Jacoby threads ..... he's gonzo. http://www.mahjoob.com/en/forums/ima...ilies/bolt.gif

thunderkyss 09-10-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullBlitz (Post 2011171)
Yes, hope he does well. Same for Pollard and Leach, two of my favorite former Texans.

It's weird seeing three Texans contributing so much on another team. Hopefully we lost them because we have better players.

Cjeremy635 09-10-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2011196)
It's weird seeing three Texans contributing so much on another team. Hopefully we lost them because we have better players.

I think we have better options than JJ, Mario, & Pollard (although I loved Pollard's attitude), but I don't think we upgraded from Vonta or Ryans.

But, no use crying over $hit you have no control over. It is what it is and the free agency era makes it very hard to hold onto multiple playmakers for any extended period.

Texecutioner 09-10-2012 08:36 PM

Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Jacoby and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.

potisyourfriend 09-10-2012 08:39 PM

LOL, he does good for half a game and people are already trying to kiss his ass. Screw JJ and the horse he rode off on. I'm glad that worthless receiver is out of here. I hated when he was returning kicks too. Texans management finally woke up and got rid of him.

Cjeremy635 09-10-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2011208)
Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Mario and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.

If she grew up with Mario, how does she know about JJ? Did she grow up with both, was that hearsay from Mario, or was that a typo & you meant to say that she grew up with JJ?

I genuinely hope he got his act together. From a human standpoint, you hate to see someone fail or sabotage themselves.

Texecutioner 09-10-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 (Post 2011216)
If she grew up with Mario, how does she know about JJ? Did she grow up with both, was that hearsay from Mario, or was that a typo & you meant to say that she grew up with JJ?

I genuinely hope he got his act together. From a human standpoint, you hate to see someone fail or sabotage themselves.

Sorry, but I was just hitting up a thread about Mario. Lol! Typo! :vincepalm:

I meant to say JJ. It had nothing to do with Mario man.

She had talked about how she saw him in the club out here recently and what a nut he still was. That was a few months ago though. We all know that JJ has a lot of talent, but the gy is just wet between the ears. He is your typical cat that likes to get ****ed up and party, and play football as well, but I don't see him ever taking his job seriously like he needs to. Plus, he is already past that age where most WR's break out. Sure it happens here and there after 5 years or so with certain guys, but it's pretty rare. I think JJ will be a journeyman at this point.

Cjeremy635 09-10-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2011219)
Sorry, but I was just hitting up a thread about Mario. Lol! Typo! :vincepalm:

I meant to say JJ. It had nothing to do with Mario man.

Gotcha, that's what I figured.

sakebomb 09-10-2012 10:17 PM

3 catches for 46 yards and he's being called a Pro Bowler? :toropalm:

Interesting to say the least.

chicagotexan2 09-10-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Too bad he was here first.

StarStruck 09-10-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2011208)
Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Jacoby and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.

Dang, for his sake I hope he doesn't consider her a friend.

Texn4life 09-10-2012 11:46 PM

People would be surprised by how many players smoke weed in the NFL. Its really not that hard to pass one urine test a year. Stop smoking for a month and you're home free.

ChampionTexan 09-11-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

This year game one - 3 catches 46 yards
Last year game one - 3 catches 43 yards

Jacoby is what I refer to as tantalizing mediocrity. In fact, I believe there was even a thread started during or after game one last year called "Jacoby Just Shut the Haters Up", although in all fairness, I think that was due to a punt return TD, not a 3 reception game.

I don't wish Jacoby ill - quite the opposite, but in most cases, after five years, you are what you are, and what I think Jacoby is is a borderline starting NFL WR.