Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Help! Stillwater OK (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94342)

Home team fan 09-06-2012 08:52 AM

Help! Stillwater OK

Does anyone know where I can watch the Texans in Stillwater Ok. or Tulsa? I'm working up here for a while, and all I find is them cowgirls. Went to Buffalo wild wings for the Texans vs Saints, called ahead and they said it would be on! But they had the freaking CowGIRLS on. I don't want to quit my job to see my Texans. Lol. Any help would be greatly apriciated!!:texflag::texflag:

EllisUnit 09-06-2012 09:35 AM

Re: Help! Stillwater OK

Well find a sports bar or resturant with atleast 15 tv's and it is bound to be on.

Home team fan 09-06-2012 09:52 AM

Buffalo Wild wings has the most TV's I could find. Maybe they are confusing Oklahoma State Cowboys with the Dallas Cowgirls.

Yankee_In_TX 09-06-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Home team fan (Post 2007856)
Does anyone know where I can watch the Texans in Stillwater Ok. or Tulsa? I'm working up here for a while, and all I find is them cowgirls. Went to Buffalo wild wings for the Texans vs Saints, called ahead and they said it would be on! But they had the freaking CowGIRLS on. I don't want to quit my job to see my Texans. Lol. Any help would be greatly apriciated!!:texflag::texflag:

BW3, get there before kickoff and ask for a specific TV to have your game on it.

Corporate policy is to show all games and not to change a TV once a game has kicked off, but they frequently don't practice that.

Home team fan 09-06-2012 10:21 AM

Thanks, that's some good ammo for that young twerp manager I talked to when I was there.

Home team fan 09-06-2012 10:29 AM

Cushing Oklahoma is 15 min. from Stillwater. I think they should play it there. Lol. Small town though, I don't think they have a bar.

Joe Texan 09-06-2012 10:39 AM

Eskimo Joes

hookinreds 09-06-2012 11:22 AM

What about Eskimo Joes?
Well...what he said ^

Yankee_In_TX 09-06-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Home team fan (Post 2007890)
Thanks, that's some good ammo for that young twerp manager I talked to when I was there.

Had a lot of problems trying to watch the Texans in Columbus, Ohio. Had several 'disputes' with various BW3 staffers, including a drunk off duty manager I almost got fired, but I was too nice.

After several weeks at this location, we were understood the rules are (1) every game should be on at least one TV and (2) a TV is to NEVER be changed once a game kicks off.

Drunky douche guy goes behind the bar, gets the remote and changed our game to hockey (at the half, tied with Jax). I politely ask him to change it back. He says no. Some drunk white trash couple yells "don't you know where you are?"

I ask this guy who he is, he says he is a manager but won't give me his name or store number and basically tells us no one there wants to watch Houston and we should leave. I find the on-duty manager who apologizes, buys us beers and puts the TV back.

Drunk douche manager then leads a cheer with white trach folks "Let's go Blue Jackets!!! (slam slam)" standing a few feet away from us for about 2 or 3 minutes.

Yeah, in hindsight, he deserved to be fired....

Showtime100 09-06-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 2007934)
Had a lot of problems trying to watch the Texans in Columbus, Ohio. Had several 'disputes' with various BW3 staffers, including a drunk off duty manager I almost got fired, but I was too nice.

After several weeks at this location, we were understood the rules are (1) every game should be on at least one TV and (2) a TV is to NEVER be changed once a game kicks off.

Drunky douche guy goes behind the bar, gets the remote and changed our game to hockey (at the half, tied with Jax). I politely ask him to change it back. He says no. Some drunk white trash couple yells "don't you know where you are?"

I ask this guy who he is, he says he is a manager but won't give me his name or store number and basically tells us no one there wants to watch Houston and we should leave. I find the on-duty manager who apologizes, buys us beers and puts the TV back.

Drunk douche manager then leads a cheer with white trach folks "Let's go Blue Jackets!!! (slam slam)" standing a few feet away from us for about 2 or 3 minutes.

Yeah, in hindsight, he deserved to be fired....

Man, after reading that post I might start the proceedings myself!

Home team fan 09-06-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Texan (Post 2007899)
Eskimo Joes

I've eaten there! I'll call see if I can watch it there. I'll start a cup collection if they will let me watch it there this season. This was my first thread. Thanks to all my fellow fans for the response. But still might go to BW3 out of spite.:texflag::kingkong:

texancpa 09-06-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Home team fan (Post 2007856)

Try Twin Peaks in Tulsa.