Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   REPORT: Death at Reliant (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94208)

Lurvinator11 08-30-2012 09:06 PM

REPORT: Death at Reliant

Didn't know if this goes in this thread or not, but should post anyway. Sports Radio 610 reports that a 45 year old man fell to his death at the game tonight at Reliant Stadium. What a sad, tragic story. Our thoughts and condolences go out to him and his entire family. I just hope the national news doesn't make a big deal out of this.

Rey 08-30-2012 09:07 PM

Dang.

That's so sad.

Playoffs 08-30-2012 09:12 PM

Re: REPORT: Death at Reliant

Brutal...
Quote:

HOUSTON (CBS Houston) – Sources at Reliant Stadium say a 45-year old man attending the game fell to his death while horse-playing on an escalator.

He was allegedly trying to slide down the outside of the handrail on the escalator when he fell.

pbat488 08-30-2012 09:16 PM

terrible and sad news, but really?

darwin award right there.

Bleed_Blu_Red 08-30-2012 09:17 PM

Wow, What a shame my prayers and condolences to his family

Bulls on Parade 08-30-2012 09:17 PM

Even though he was horse-playing are there any plans to honor him in some way? They made a statue for the father who fell to his death at the Rangers game last year. He was a firefighter and tried to snag a ball from Josh Hamilton for his son. Totally different situation but every life is precious, IMO.

Texan_Bill 08-30-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 (Post 2004575)
Didn't know if this goes in this thread or not, but should post anyway. Sports Radio 610 reports that a 45 year old man fell to his death at the game tonight at Reliant Stadium. What a sad, tragic story. Our thoughts and condolences go out to him and his entire family. I just hope the national news doesn't make a big deal out of this.

Yessir!! Certainly thoughts and prayers go out to his family, immediate or otherwise and his friends. May God Bless and help heal their loss...

Dang scary having just turned 45 myself.

Bulls on Parade 08-30-2012 09:22 PM

I fell so awful hearing this news. I hate it when anybody dies at a sporting event. I had barely recovered from last year's incident at the Ballpark at Arlington. This news certainly diminishes my excitement for next Sunday's opening day game against Miami on September 9. Hopefully the Texans honor his life with some type of pre-game moment of silence before kick off to that game.

ArlingtonTexan 08-30-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade (Post 2004587)
Even though he was horse-playing are there any plans to honor him in some way? They made a statue for the father who fell to his death at the Rangers game last year. He was a firefighter and tried to snag a ball from Josh Hamilton for his son. Totally different situation but every life is precious, IMO.

Can we at least let the guys family start to sort this out?

GlassHalfFull 08-30-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2004580)
HOUSTON (CBS Houston) Sources at Reliant Stadium say a 45-year old man attending the game fell to his death while horse-playing on an escalator.

He was allegedly trying to slide down the outside of the handrail on the escalator when he fell.

I wonder if this is why they didn't want to let anyone on the escalator tonight. They were pushing everybody to the ramps, I had to plead bad ankle to ride down.

Cjeremy635 08-30-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade (Post 2004587)

I'm not trying to come off as a douche, but I don't think you honor some guy who was doing something he shouldn't have been doing in the first place. Is it unfortunate? Yes. It's a shame that his life was cut short by a dumb decision he made and now his family has to suffer.

Would you honor him if he was playing in traffic outside the stadium and died?

SAMURAITEXAN 08-30-2012 09:30 PM

So Sad.

SouthSideTexan 08-30-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 (Post 2004599)
I'm not trying to come off as a douche, but I don't think you honor some guy who was doing something he shouldn't have been doing in the first place. Is it unfortunate? Yes. It's a shame that his life was cut short by a dumb decision he made and now his family has to suffer.

Would you honor him if he was playing in traffic outside the stadium and died?

Wow..... I like the comment and I couldn't agree more. Hand rails are for hands, not asses. Escalators have a hand rail about 40" high to protect you from falling off. It's a shame he died because of something so stupid, but in the end....who's fault was it???

GuerillaBlack 08-30-2012 09:47 PM

It's sad, but wow dude. Could be an entry on "100 weirdest ways people die" tv show.

Texn4life 08-30-2012 09:49 PM

Regardless of how he died I still would like to pay my respects to his family. I don't know all of the details, but it sounds horrific. In my job we preach safety 24/7. Hopefully the Texans can take this opportunity to pass that along to fans as well. Condolences to family and friends of the deceased.

pirbroke 08-30-2012 09:49 PM

Well let this not so bright ghost help us reach the super bowl this year, just give him a few games so he can practice moving that quarter before he moves the ball in our favor.

GP 08-30-2012 10:55 PM

No Kareem Jackson jokes, please.

Imatexanfan 08-30-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2004740)
No Kareem Jackson jokes, please.

HA! damn...

Bulls on Parade 08-30-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2004620)
Regardless of how he died I still would like to pay my respects to his family. I don't know all of the details, but it sounds horrific. In my job we preach safety 24/7. Hopefully the Texans can take this opportunity to pass that along to fans as well. Condolences to family and friends of the deceased.

Well said and written. I was trying to come across the same words but couldn't at the time. I'm just deeply saddened by what happened and I honestly feel horrible at the moment. I was hoping to feel excited and count down the days until Week 1 against Miami, but instead I don't feel like football is all that important right now. Maybe after a few days as we start to hear more on the story I'll be able to feel alright. My thoughts and prayers also go out to his family.

disaacks3 08-30-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 2004595)
I wonder if this is why they didn't want to let anyone on the escalator tonight. They were pushing everybody to the ramps, I had to plead bad ankle to ride down.

Yes, that's why they were doing it, however senseless that might have been. He was sliding down the handrail and fell to his death at the Coke gate per my co-worker who works games and stopped me on the way out to discuss it.