Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Most Likely to Happen...New 2012 Edition (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94117)

Rey 08-27-2012 09:51 AM

Most Likely to Happen...New 2012 Edition

Pretty simple...What do you think is the most likely to happen?

Poll coming.....

rmartin65 08-27-2012 10:15 AM

Re: Most Likely to Happen...New 2012 Edition

I have to go with the KW/They should easily average 3 apiece. The yardage is the tricky part, especially when injuries are brought into play. However, I expect 1200 yards out of AJ, which leaves KW and OD 650 yards each. OD (again, when healthy) is in the 700-800 range. I think it is possible.

Rey 08-27-2012 10:19 AM

I'm actually going to go with the Matt Schaub health thing.

I don't know if that's wishful thinking on my part or if I actually believe it though.

Dutchrudder 08-27-2012 10:50 AM

Well considering we had 17 INTs last year, 11 shouldn't be that hard. I don't see any reason for that number to go down much.

The Pencil Neck 08-27-2012 10:57 AM

I went with Barwin/Reed/Mercilus although I think there are a few things on there that are pretty likely to happen.

I can see Arian breaking 2200. I'm sure we'll make more than 11 interceptions. And I think K-Mart and Jean are going to put up some big numbers.

I'm not so sure about Schaub being healthy. And since I'm expecting KW to be supplanted by K-Mart and Jean, I don't expect AJ/KW/OD to get over 2500 yards receiving.

I think two of Barwin/Reed/Mercilus are going to end up with double digit sacks and the third is going to be in the high single digits.

Vinnie 08-27-2012 11:00 AM

I went with Schaub because he damn well better or we're hosed once again. I just don't see Arian for 2200 this year. Not with the OL in its current condition.

eriadoc 08-27-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2002257)
I'm actually going to go with the Matt Schaub health thing.

I don't know if that's wishful thinking on my part or if I actually believe it though.

I really, really, REALLY wanted to click that one, but I went with Arian Foster.

Dutchrudder 08-27-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie (Post 2002308)
I went with Schaub because he damn well better or we're hosed once again. I just don't see Arian for 2200 this year. Not with the OL in its current condition.

I think Arian will be fine in that respect. Rather the front office will want to display Ben Tate's talents this year and use him as tradebait before the next draft, and also to take away carries from Foster so he doesn't get hurt. They have Tate for two more years, and then he will likely be gone in free agency. Getting a 2nd rounder for him might be worth it if we have some big needs to fill.

Rey 08-27-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2002296)
Well considering we had 17 INTs last year, 11 shouldn't be that hard. I don't see any reason for that number to go down much.

I think the INT numbers can fluctuate and don't necessarily tell the story of how good your defense is...

Baltimore and Pittsburg have been two of the best defenses around...we had more INT's than Baltimore last year and Pitt was dead last in picks a few years ago...

But you are right...less than 11 INT's would be poor. I should have gone higher there..

b0ng 08-27-2012 11:37 AM

I would've picked Watt as DPotY.

drs23 08-27-2012 12:53 PM

I didn't see the "All Of The Above" choice so I went with KMart and LeStar going 1200 or better. I'm trying to not be a :homer: here. I believe it's well within reach for them.

I also think Matt will stay healthy. After watching the first two drives Saturday night I came away very impressed. His passes were money and he was hitting some tight windows. He looked sharp.

Two more weeks and it's Showtime!

:gotexans1

Goldensilence 08-27-2012 02:26 PM

I picked Foster with 2200 yard s combined. He's healthy going into the year and even with the right side of the line not so hot right now, they'll still lean heavily on Foster until Martin and Jean really pick it up in the regular season.

Though I'm with Eriadoc, I REALLY wanted to pick Schaub stays healthy.

Thorn 08-27-2012 02:57 PM

Not voting for anything that has Schaub or AJ in it. Iím to leary of those two being healthy all year.

Foster having 2,200 combined yards is too rich for me.

Top 2 offense in ppg just isnít happening.

11+ interceptions as a team is to easy, theyíll get that.

Cushing is good, damn good, but not defensive player of the year.

Top 2 defense in points and yards isnít happening this year.

So, that leaves Martin and Jean with 1200 yards and 7 TDs, or Barwin Reed Mercilus with 28 sacks, or Watt and Antionio with 13.5 sacks.

Don't think Martin and Jean will do that because I don't trust Schaub to stay healthy all year and Kubiak loves him some Walter. Although that's the one I would love to happen. The other two, I don't know. I would have liked to see something like "The D-Line will get X sacks, or, the LBs will get X sacks".

I'm gonna go with the LBs and take the Barwin, Reed, and Mercilus combo because of Wade Phillips.

amazing80 08-27-2012 03:25 PM

where is all of the above option? :hurrah:

2slik4u 08-27-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2002304)
I went with Barwin/Reed/Mercilus although I think there are a few things on there that are pretty likely to happen.

I can see Arian breaking 2200. I'm sure we'll make more than 11 interceptions. And I think K-Mart and Jean are going to put up some big numbers.

I'm not so sure about Schaub being healthy. And since I'm expecting KW to be supplanted by K-Mart and Jean, I don't expect AJ/KW/OD to get over 2500 yards receiving.

I think two of Barwin/Reed/Mercilus are going to end up with double digit sacks and the third is going to be in the high single digits.

I pretty much agree with everything said in this statement here.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Dutchrudder 08-27-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2002316)
I think the INT numbers can fluctuate and don't necessarily tell the story of how good your defense is...

Baltimore and Pittsburg have been two of the best defenses around...we had more INT's than Baltimore last year and Pitt was dead last in picks a few years ago...

But you are right...less than 11 INT's would be poor. I should have gone higher there..

Yeah, sorry I borked your puzzle... :)

The next likeliest thing on the list is the JJ Watt and Antonio sack numbers. Watt had 5.5 last year, Smith 6.5, total of 12. 13 isn't much of a stretch if we expect Watt to increase his productivity.

Texn4life 08-27-2012 10:28 PM

I went with Schaub too...... I don't care if he pulls a Peyton and ducks & falls every time he sees a defender nearby. We need him healthy and his bank account needs him healthy.

Lucky 08-27-2012 11:22 PM

The 11+ interception pick is a slam dunk. I guess Barwin/Reed/Mercilus/ going for 28 sacks would have been my 2nd choice.

Double Barrel 08-28-2012 10:43 AM

11 INTs is the easiest one.

I hate to say it, but I would be shocked if some of them happen, especially Schaub. I certainly want to see him play all 19 games this season, but I do not feel confident in expecting it to happen.

mokalus 08-28-2012 11:47 AM

Anybody else getting to the point where no news is good news? I'm almost afraid to log in to this forum sometimes, but I guess it just goes to show that things are good. [knocks on wood]