Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Parking Policy (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93990)

disaacks3 08-21-2012 01:03 PM

Parking Policy
 
So, how did everyone like being asked for game tickets in order to enter their assigned lot with a valid parking pass?

Me? It just pissed me off.

:rant:
One- My tickets were in the trunk with the rest of my gear (where they have been for 11 seasons now). Along with my jersey and my cooler, I felt no need to have them handy when I drove in.

Two - My parking pass is a license to park in my assigned spot for the duration of the game.

It's not implied, it's explicit. It doesn't entitle me to enter the stadium, but it damn well entitles me to park in the spot I'm paying $45/game for. I have to show tickets for everyone in the vehicle, or a tailgating pass? Really? How was my car supposed to get to that paid space...teleport?
:rant:

Speedy 08-21-2012 01:33 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Every one of their "policies" seems nothing more than a freaking waste of everyone's time. The asking for tickets was BS because I know at least 2 people who got in without tickets because I had them in my vehicle. The magic wand swipe is BS because the guy waiving it said it must be the buttons on my shorts making it go off and let me right on through. This whole thing has gotten beyond ridiculous and monkeys could make more sense out of things than the bozos in charge of making these kinds of decisions are now.

Yankee_In_TX 08-21-2012 03:32 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Everyone in the lot is required to have a game or tailgating ticket.

They don't check often, but some times they do.

TxDavid 08-21-2012 04:10 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
They didn't check ours, but we got there early....just sayin' :spin:

infantrycak 08-21-2012 04:25 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Every year we have to break the new parking attendants into how things actually work. We like to park right along the main access lane in our lot and then walk. Every year the new parking people get all aggressive trying to have to park as close to the stadium as possible. I ignore them and they give up after a few games.

disaacks3 08-21-2012 04:56 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 1998982)
Everyone in the lot is required to have a game or tailgating ticket.

They don't check often, but some times they do.

I guess that's my issue, why am I being required to present anything other than a valid parking pass? Unless the Texans are planning on throwing in free tailgating / game tickets with parking passes, why should I pay for a parking pass if they don't even permit me to park my vehicle? :confused:

Tailgate tickets cover entering (and remaining on) the lots for tailgating.

Game tickets cover tailgating AND/OR getting inside the stadium.

Parking passes don't even cover parking?

If they want to rove the lots checking for tailgating / game tickets, I've little issue with it, but this is over the top. It's like asking for the keys to my desk when I park at work using my badge. I pay to park here too.

Speedy 08-21-2012 06:20 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 1998982)
Everyone in the lot is required to have a game or tailgating ticket.

They don't check often, but some times they do.

And it's a whack policy, made even more whack by the fact that people still got in without tickets. So it takes 10 minutes damn near, to get through the gates because they're asking you to dig out your f'ing tickets as you drive in, then they still let you in without them.

A TOTAL F'ING WASTE OF EVERYONE'S TIME!!!!

A few dip****s at the Cowboys game act like the dip****s they are, and now we all get treated like we're those dip****s.

steelbtexan 08-21-2012 06:41 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 1999025)
I guess that's my issue, why am I being required to present anything other than a valid parking pass? Unless the Texans are planning on throwing in free tailgating / game tickets with parking passes, why should I pay for a parking pass if they don't even permit me to park my vehicle? :confused:

Tailgate tickets cover entering (and remaining on) the lots for tailgating.

Game tickets cover tailgating AND/OR getting inside the stadium.

Parking passes don't even cover parking?

If they want to rove the lots checking for tailgating / game tickets, I've little issue with it, but this is over the top. It's like asking for the keys to my desk when I park at work using my badge. I pay to park here too.

I didn't make it to the last game. But tthe attendants are on a power trip. Total BS, you should complain to the FO. We had an issue an attendant a few yrs ago. My wife called the FO and the attendant apologized and never messed with her again.

steelbtexan 08-21-2012 06:44 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 1999065)
And it's a whack policy, made even more whack by the fact that people still got in without tickets. So it takes 10 minutes damn near, to get through the gates because they're asking you to dig out your f'ing tickets as you drive in, then they still let you in without them.

A TOTAL F'ING WASTE OF EVERYONE'S TIME!!!!

A few dip****s at the Cowboys game act like the dip****s they are, and now we all get treated like we're those dip****s.

Repped

It is a waste of time.

And this was/is a total overeaction by BoB's org. But we should have expected it because of the corporate enviornment BoB is trying to foster.

Yankee_In_TX 08-21-2012 08:56 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
LOL, just got their parking and tailgating policies in the mail. Better late than never?

SouthSideTexan 08-21-2012 09:51 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Not much we can do..... It seems like you have a choice, abide by the FO's rules and policies or just don't go to the games. It's their event and we have to play by their rules. The way the FO looks at this... if you don't make it, someone else will. I don't think Bob is going to lose any sleep. Not a pretty reality, but it's a fact. That cowboy game was horrible in 2010. It took me almost 2 hrs to get out of the green lot on to 610. After the policy change.... 15-20 min.

infantrycak 08-21-2012 10:34 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthSideTexan (Post 1999182)
Not much we can do..... It seems like you have a choice, abide by the FO's rules and policies or just don't go to the games. It's their event and we have to play by their rules. The way the FO looks at this... if you don't make it, someone else will. I don't think Bob is going to lose any sleep. Not a pretty reality, but it's a fact. That cowboy game was horrible in 2010. It took me almost 2 hrs to get out of the green lot on to 610. After the policy change.... 15-20 min.

That is not true. We won't always get our way but they do listen. A few seasons ago about 16 fans met with the Texans including around 8-10 from here. We discussed their website and a lot of game day issues. They turned around and implemented some. As an example specific to this instance we talked about having the same security people work the same positions each year so they only had to check tickets on people they didn't recognize. Since then I can come in with my hands full and go down my aisle without worrying about having a ticket handy.

disaacks3 08-22-2012 10:10 AM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 1999138)
LOL, just got their parking and tailgating policies in the mail. Better late than never?

Yep, read it cover-to-cover and I didn't see anything about game tickets needed to park.


Hmm, seems I found it somewhere else.

Quote:

2012 Gameday Ticket Policy Information

Gameday Ticket Policy: During the entire 2012 NFL season, the Houston Texans will require fans who wish to enter Reliant Stadium property to possess a gameday ticket or Tailgate Guest Ticket. Tailgate Guest Tickets are valid only for the event date printed on the ticket.

What is your Responsibility: As a season ticket holder, you are responsible for all actions of any tailgate guest ticket holder in possession of a ticket distributed to your account. Reproduction of this ticket will result in the revocation of all tailgate guest ticket privileges.

Who are Tailgate Guest Tickets intended for: Season ticket holders and their friends and family. If you re-sell this ticket, your season ticket account will be deactivated and you will not be allowed to purchase these tickets in the future.

Children are Exempt: Children 15 years of age or younger who are attending the game with their parents or a guardian will be allowed on Reliant Park property without a game ticket or Tailgate Guest Ticket, however they must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

Where it is enforced: All Reliant Park property, including but not limited to all parking lots and the stadium.

What will happen to non-ticket fans: Any fan that does not have a gameday ticket or Tailgate Guest Ticket will not be permitted to enter Reliant Park Property. All tailgate guest tickets must be purchased in advance of gameday.

If you have any additional questions regarding our Gameday Ticket Policy, please call our Customer Service team at 832-667-2002.
Link As it wasn't noted when the parking passes were ordered, I'm not sure it would stand up in court. (you can't arbitrarily change the terms of the contract on the fly) Oh well, guess I get to call and ask what exactly my parking passes are intended for. :thisbig:

Joe Texan 08-22-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 1999065)
And it's a whack policy, made even more whack by the fact that people still got in without tickets. So it takes 10 minutes damn near, to get through the gates because they're asking you to dig out your f'ing tickets as you drive in, then they still let you in without them.

A TOTAL F'ING WASTE OF EVERYONE'S TIME!!!!

A few dip****s at the Cowboys game act like the dip****s they are, and now we all get treated like we're those dip****s.

And those dip****s were Texan fans

Yankee_In_TX 08-22-2012 12:01 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 1999349)
Yep, read it cover-to-cover and I didn't see anything about game tickets needed to park.


Hmm, seems I found it somewhere else.

Link As it wasn't noted when the parking passes were ordered, I'm not sure it would stand up in court. (you can't arbitrarily change the terms of the contract on the fly) Oh well, guess I get to call and ask what exactly my parking passes are intended for. :thisbig:

To be technical they can dictate their terms and policies as they please.

But this has been their written policy since the implemented tailgate passes after the Cowboys game - don't you remember al the complaining about this on here and how it was going to be the downfall of tailgating, lol?

They just don't seem to enforce it a lot.

SheTexan 08-22-2012 12:07 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
First time it's happened to me, and I got caught. 4 people, 3 tickets. I just told the lady I was picking up the forth ticket from a friend, which was true, and she just waved me on through. She was very nice, and I appreciate that.

I guess we're all gonna have to adjust to the rules. We're all a little spoiled after doing our own THANG for going on 11 yrs. But, if it helps in some way to keep us all safe, then I'll just find a way to adjust. I'll definitely be prepared next time.

Stemp 08-22-2012 12:17 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
I think they are just trying to prevent the carload of people who don't have tickets but bought a parking pass on eBay to party in the parking lot.

Yeah, it sucks, but it's a minor hassle to make sure there aren't a ton of freeloaders walking in who are just there to eat, drink and party (and possibly cause trouble) and aren't really there for the game.

Double Barrel 08-22-2012 12:31 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Although probably not the intention of the OP, I do appreciate the heads up about this policy. I'm going to the Dolphins game with a big group of people and I will be sure to tell everyone to have their game tickets ready to show when we enter the yellow lot.

disaacks3 08-22-2012 01:36 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 1999415)
To be technical they can dictate their terms and policies as they please.

But this has been their written policy since the implemented tailgate passes after the Cowboys game - don't you remember al the complaining about this on here and how it was going to be the downfall of tailgating, lol?

They just don't seem to enforce it a lot.

Oh yes, I remember the uproar, and I said then that they'd have a problem denying access to someone with a valid parking pass (missing the carload of people in the vehicle). The current iteration of this policy to include folks coming into the lots w/ a pass, I've never seen.

I've checked w/ several other friends around the country, and they've got nothing similar implemented just to park their vehicles. I guess we're "special"?

SouthSideTexan 08-22-2012 05:57 PM

Re: Parking Policy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 1999207)
That is not true. We won't always get our way but they do listen. A few seasons ago about 16 fans met with the Texans including around 8-10 from here. We discussed their website and a lot of game day issues. They turned around and implemented some. As an example specific to this instance we talked about having the same security people work the same positions each year so they only had to check tickets on people they didn't recognize. Since then I can come in with my hands full and go down my aisle without worrying about having a ticket handy.

I disagree with you, I believe my previous statement is completely true. I never said they don't listen to the fans. I simply said we have to play by their rules. Secondly, they are not going to make special concessions and change their policies in any way that would cost them to lose significant revenue. Possibly 10,000 tailgating tickets sold per game x $10 = $100,000 x 10 games = $1,000,000 .... just to let people sit in the parking lot and drink beer. Freaking Brilliant!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger