Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Super Mario not so super so far (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93902)

srrono 08-17-2012 09:42 PM

Super Mario not so super so far

2 preseason games zero stats registered. I wonder if bills fans are worried.

Texn4life 08-17-2012 09:43 PM

Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 1996702)

No one should be worried about any proven player in preseason unless they're hurt.

TexansSeminole 08-17-2012 10:31 PM

Let's not start talking trash about Mario. He was a good player and would have been retained had he not been so elite. The guy will produce and has in the past. He is an excellent player. He chose to move on and be paid much higher than he would have been as a Texan. It was a mutually beneficial breakup.

Lucky 08-17-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 1996702)

Didn't we used to have these same preseason Mario threads (0-0-0)? Williams will put up numbers (if healthy). Numbers worth $100 million? That's another story.

Hookem Horns 08-17-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1996718)
Didn't we used to have these same preseason Mario threads (0-0-0)? Williams will put up numbers (if healthy). Numbers worth $100 million? That's another story.

That's the issue. How many seasons was Mario totally healthy? I can think of maybe one.

TdotTexas2Step 08-17-2012 10:48 PM

There are two certains with Mario:

1. He will produce.
2. He will get hurt somewhere along the way.

With all that said, no Bills fans shouldn't be worried because when the lights come on, he'll be there for them. Now when he gets hurt, then we can ask if Bills fans are worried.

Lucky 08-17-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1996719)
That's the issue. How many seasons was Mario totally healthy? I can think of maybe one.

Who in the NFL is totally healthy? 2007 and 2008 were his best seasons and he didn't have any debilitating injuries. Mario has been good for about 13 games and 9 sacks. I believe he would have put up excellent numbers in Wade's defense, but that's moot. Williams will be good in Buffalo. Maybe Pro Bowl good. But not as good as he could have been in Houston.

Playoffs 08-17-2012 10:52 PM

It's preseason, as in not real football. :kitten:

I wish Mario good luck, as best as his interests don't conflict with our interests.

Rey 08-18-2012 03:29 AM

Yes bills fans should be worried but not because of the no stats stuff. He's no longer in wades defense and supposedly he's back up over 300 lbs. They paid him at a level where he needs to perform at an elite level consistently and I don't know if buffalo is the place for him to do that.

thunderkyss 08-18-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1996718)

Agreed..... his only issue here, was staying healthy & I think that was a by-product of playing 90% of the snaps. He's a warrior & I'm sure the Bills will be pleased with him.

Until that $100M starts to affect their ability to keep other players. But since they were so far below the cap & have pretty much stayed away from "known" players, i shouldn't be a problem for a while.

I watched the game vs Washington, hadn't watched the most recent game. But as a fan, I would be pleased to see that he's working on his hand game. Not relying on the bull rush, or his speed.

When the games count, I'm sure you'll see him use more of what works & less experimenting/practicing.

Dutchrudder 08-18-2012 11:13 AM

He's probably just taking off all the plays cause its preseason.

Vinny 08-18-2012 11:16 AM

I was watching the Bills play and he has been run right at several times...not impressive, but I think vets like him are just trying not to get hurt. It's cold up there in Buffalo soon! Good thing heaters only cost money.

Norg 08-19-2012 01:09 AM

of course they should be worried if i got 80 mill gurantee i might conisder retiring from football go home and eat some ice cream LOL

Norg 08-21-2012 03:31 AM

on a BTW i watched him in the bills / minny game man he did nothing LOL

why does he always do that rushes in a half circle around the QB behind him thats all he did he didnt even touch the QB with one finger LOL he didnt even get within 3 feet from him the hole game LOL

chicagotexan2 08-21-2012 03:39 PM

He won't be a fat Albert hayneswoth, but if the bills fans are expecting reggie white they are in for a big disappointment. Mario was a good and too oft injured player for us. I think he'll be good for the bills but not 100 million good.

Double Barrel 08-21-2012 03:46 PM

He's not Bruce Smith 2.0 and not even Bruce Smith lite.

Bills fans will be disappointed regardless of his performance because their expectations are too high and that $100 million price tag did nothing to help them be pragmatic about it.

My in-laws are from Buffalo and they just returned from a two week visit up there. They said Bills fans are expecting great things from Mario and anything less will be a huge disappointment. Hopefully the thick skin he developed here during the VY Sausage Fest is something he can use to handle the inevitable criticism up there.

I wish no ill will on the guy. Just calling it like I see it.

NastyNate 08-22-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 1996822)
Agreed..... his only issue here, was staying healthy & I think that was a by-product of playing 90% of the snaps. He's a warrior & I'm sure the Bills will be pleased with him.

Until that $100M starts to affect their ability to keep other players. But since they were so far below the cap & have pretty much stayed away from "known" players, i shouldn't be a problem for a while.

I watched the game vs Washington, hadn't watched the most recent game. But as a fan, I would be pleased to see that he's working on his hand game. Not relying on the bull rush, or his speed.

When the games count, I'm sure you'll see him use more of what works & less experimenting/practicing.

Exactly. A lack of quality DE rotation left him on the field way too much, and unfortunately I think he's got Kearney behind him now which won't bode well to the rotation. Probably an even worse option if you think about it.

I have no ill feelings towards Mario, he was an okay player here overall, and chased the money while it was there for the taking. Any one of you would have done the same thing.

But I'd bet a wooden nickel Barwin out produces this year over what Mario does.

b0ng 08-22-2012 03:12 PM

I'll revisit Mario Williams's performance after a few regular season game.

Wolf 09-09-2012 04:49 PM

this thread is interesting so get your :popcorn: ready

1 tackle against a guy that was undrafted in 2010 and on ravens practice squad in 2011 and signed by the Jets late in that season

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...nd-frustration

I wish the best for Mario and obviously I didn't watch their game. 100 million dollars sure is a lot

good thing 15 more games to go for him or the bills will be scratching their head

Rey 09-09-2012 04:58 PM

The fans are killing him on their message board....