Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Platinum & Blue Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Blue Crew 'Niners Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93813)

TxDavid 08-14-2012 12:36 PM

Blue Crew 'Niners Tailgate

Alright folks! I'm getting excited just typing this! It's almost time for the first tailgate of the season - are you ready?

The grill is prepped and ready to go! For this one - if you have a fan BRING IT! It's gonna be a hot one and we're gonna need them.

4 days till we kick this off!:hurrah:

Here's a map to the Tailgate for those that need it

gwallaia 08-14-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Blue Crew 'Niners Tailgate

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. :)

Kaiser Toro 08-14-2012 11:57 PM

I may stop by to continue my 50/50 winning streak. Appreciate the hospitality as always! :texflag:

SheTexan 08-15-2012 10:57 AM

I'll be there, but, not at 2pm. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm gettin to OLD to deal with long periods of intense heat! I'm trying to get Shadow to figure out how to hook up an AC unit for the hot games in Sept and Oct. We'll see, but, I know I can't continue at the pace I've kept for the past 10 yrs. It sucks, but, it's also reality.

I'll be there early enough to socalize with all my fav TEXAN friends, but, I'm not bringing canopy's, tables, and all the extra's to the preseason games. If you all need them let me know and I'll get them to ya before Sat.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!! It's been a LONG off season and I'm so ready for some football!! This is also the NINER game!! WOOOOHOOO!! Hoping this is just a hint of what we will see in NOLA in Feb!! :)

disaacks3 08-15-2012 11:07 AM

Like some others, I'll be getting there a little later than usual. Don't want to burn out my little princess at her first NFL game!

BIG TORO 08-15-2012 11:13 AM

I will be there but later, with Michelle being over 6 months pregnant and dealing with sciatic nerve pain don't know how much she can handle.

TxDavid 08-15-2012 12:19 PM

Okay you slackers. I'll be there at 2pm, along with the other crazies!

Joe Texan 08-15-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG TORO (Post 1995234)
I will be there but later, with Michelle being over 6 months pregnant and dealing with sciatic nerve pain don't know how much she can handle.

Danny she can always sit in my truck with the AC

Joe Texan 08-15-2012 04:47 PM

I will be there at noon pregame party at papacitos

LEATHERHEAD 08-15-2012 07:12 PM

damn will miss this game...110 deg i`m good will be swiming in the pool..got $450.00 for my tickets...needed money for a Denver road trip.and it is preseason:cheese:

Yankee_In_TX 08-15-2012 07:36 PM

I'll be there at 2 but our generator has crapped out :/

No new horns (being shipped) no new cornhole (need a mitre saw to finish). I should at least have my new shorts!

SheTexan 08-16-2012 11:19 AM

OK, I'm rethinking this!! :winky:

If I decide to sweat it out and go early, can someone meet me at the gate? ALL my kids/grandkids will be at this game, total of 8, and some of them can't get off work until late on Sat, and won't be able to leave home until 5:30. They will need my parking pass. I'm gonna start looking for an extra parking pass, SOMEWHERE, it won't really matter what lot, and then I can do as I please. Finding it HARD to stay away!!

GlassHalfFull 08-16-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 1995779)
OK, I'm rethinking this!! :winky:

If I decide to sweat it out and go early, can someone meet me at the gate? ALL my kids/grandkids will be at this game, total of 8, and some of them can't get off work until late on Sat, and won't be able to leave home until 5:30. They will need my parking pass. I'm gonna start looking for an extra parking pass, SOMEWHERE, it won't really matter what lot, and then I can do as I please. Finding it HARD to stay away!!

Do you want to come to my house, leave your car and ride in with us? I was planning on leaving around 3:30. Can't take the whole tailgate either, from a heat standpoint. Although, it may be raining, from what I hear.

Dr2bKay 08-16-2012 09:22 PM

Rain???? No!! I don't want to travel 850 miles to see rain... Houston get it together, I want sunny weather. The highs are dropping here already in Nashville.

TxDavid 08-17-2012 09:19 AM

Looks like we may have some winds up to 10mph and a 40% chance of rain.

If you're coming out early, bring your wet gear! Crocs and/or an extra pair of shoes & socks is always good too - the parking lot tends to pickup a lot of water and you're gonna have wet feet.

BIG TORO 08-17-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 1996343)

If you're coming out early, bring your wet gear! Crocs and/or an extra pair of shoes & socks is always good too - the parking lot tends to pickup a lot of water and you're gonna have wet feet.

Thanks David I forgot about the weather.

disaacks3 08-17-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 1996343)

Yep, looked at the hour-by-hour at weather.com and it looks like it'll peak about an hour before gametime. :(

SheTexan 08-18-2012 09:28 AM

I'll take the rain anyday over the heat we get on that parking lot!! Let it pour!

I'm using my own parking pass and should be there around 4:30. Decided to set the rules for my fam early in the season. Be ready when this old gal is ready to roll or you can find your own parking spot! :smiliedance:

GOOOOO TEXANS!! See ya all there!

Texan_Bill 08-18-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 1995275)
Okay you slackers. I'll be there at 2pm, along with the other crazies!

We're leaving around 2 so we won't be there until about 2:30(ish), but the car is already loaded!

GlassHalfFull 08-19-2012 12:15 PM

It was great seeing everyone again.

We caught a huge break with the weather. It was actually comfortable thanks to the cloud cover, not bad for mid Aug in Houston.

It was fun seeing new babies and Kayla at her first tailgate and game.