Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Four needed in NFL.com League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93790)

TexansLucky13 08-13-2012 05:59 PM

Four needed in NFL.com League

Need 4 to fill in our league.... PST with email if interested....

TexansLucky13 08-15-2012 06:18 AM

Re: Four needed in NFL.com League

Got StarStruck and Texas T on board! Still need two more for the league.... let me know

IlliniJen 08-15-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 (Post 1995071)
Got StarStruck and Texas T on board! Still need two more for the league.... let me know

Is it a money league? What are the details?

Texas T 08-15-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniJen (Post 1995118)
Is it a money league? What are the details?

Jen-no money involved (at least he hasn't asked me for any yet!!) It's a basic set up with QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, flex TE/WR, Kicker, Defense/ST.

It also looks like it's not all Texans fans.

TexansLucky13 08-15-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas T (Post 1995123)
Jen-no money involved (at least he hasn't asked me for any yet!!) It's a basic set up with QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, flex TE/WR, Kicker, Defense/ST.

It also looks like it's not all Texans fans.

All true. It's mostly Texans fans but there are a couple other teams represented.

sometexansfan 08-15-2012 01:32 PM

Count me in! Oh wait...

LondonTex 08-16-2012 03:44 AM

Is there still a space available? I'm wanting to play my first FF year... No probs if it's more of a vets league. :)

Cush 08-16-2012 05:24 AM

I'll play if you need another

Texas T 08-16-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonTex (Post 1995620)
Is there still a space available? I'm wanting to play my first FF year... No probs if it's more of a vets league. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cush (Post 1995628)

Send him a PM with your e-mail. He got back to me about 3 hours later with an invite. I saw that there were a couple of spots left but I'm not sure if he's waiting on others to join.

You can also hit up Gary because there's room in his league too. Just send him a PM and he'll let you know if there's still space.

LondonTex-you will be welcome in any league, we always like beating up on...no I mean we like helping new folks. :)

LondonTex 08-16-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas T (Post 1995842)
Send him a PM with your e-mail. He got back to me about 3 hours later with an invite. I saw that there were a couple of spots left but I'm not sure if he's waiting on others to join.

You can also hit up Gary because there's room in his league too. Just send him a PM and he'll let you know if there's still space.

LondonTex-you will be welcome in any league, we always like beating up on...no I mean we like helping new folks. :)

Lol... Thanks bro, everyones been really welcoming to the new guy on here!

As an aside, I got a Pm earlier asking for my email so hopefully I've got myself a league to play in :)

Hookem Horns 08-16-2012 12:45 PM

When is the draft?

Texas T 08-16-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonTex (Post 1995855)
Lol... Thanks bro, everyones been really welcoming to the new guy on here!

As an aside, I got a Pm earlier asking for my email so hopefully I've got myself a league to play in :)

Welcome in then and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. This one is set up as a pretty basic league, point wise, so it'll be great for learning.

LondonTex 08-16-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas T (Post 1995870)
Welcome in then and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. This one is set up as a pretty basic league, point wise, so it'll be great for learning.

Awesome! I'm also relatively new to NFL in general having got into it seriously last year...I was a casual follower since the 80s but more so the past several years. Last year was the year I got into it seriously tho....it's now overtaken EPL and rugby as my favourite sport. I also love watching college football and try to catch games on espn america...the Oklahoma st cowboys and LSU caught my attention a lot last year. Anyway, I digress lol ............thanks again for the welcome!

Texas T 08-16-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonTex (Post 1995874)
Awesome! I'm also relatively new to NFL in general having got into it seriously last year...I was a casual follower since the 80s but more so the past several years. Last year was the year I got into it seriously tho....it's now overtaken EPL and rugby as my favourite sport. I also love watching college football and try to catch games on espn america...the Oklahoma st cowboys and LSU caught my attention a lot last year. Anyway, I digress lol ............thanks again for the welcome!

I remember living in Europe and trying to figure out how to watch games. Of course this was before the internet and when it was slooooooooooooow.

There are some websites out there that you can watch any game live that you want. If you look around here people will put them up every once in a while so you may be able to watch on those.

On a side note I love how it shows that you misspell words when you use the "English" spelling (favourite).

LondonTex 08-16-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas T (Post 1995880)
I remember living in Europe and trying to figure out how to watch games. Of course this was before the internet and when it was slooooooooooooow.

There are some websites out there that you can watch any game live that you want. If you look around here people will put them up every once in a while so you may be able to watch on those.

On a side note I love how it shows that you misspell words when you use the "English" spelling (favourite).

Lol Easy to spot my Britishness ... Just gotta look at my typing!

Yeah I'm aware of sites that show games as I used plenty last season lol... Altho I'm seriously considering paying 99 for NFL gamepass and then I can watch any and all NFL games all season + the last 2 years archives of all games highlights.

Where abouts in Europe were you bro?

mootini 08-16-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas T (Post 1995870)

Any room for a Jags fan? LOL I've always played on yahoo's FF, so willing to try NFL.com league. :kitten:

TexansLucky13 08-16-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cush (Post 1995628)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mootini (Post 1995955)
Any room for a Jags fan? LOL I've always played on yahoo's FF, so willing to try NFL.com league. :kitten:

The open spots I had are now filled but I will let you know if someone backs out between now and the draft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1995860)
When is the draft?

The owners will decide when the draft is... hopefully we can find a day that is good for everyone. In general it's some time between Preseason game 3 and the regular season.

LondonTex 08-16-2012 04:16 PM

I'm in as 'Fourth and Forever' ...thanks for the invite. I intend to live up to my amazing ability to royally suck at fantasy games LOL

Texas T 08-16-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonTex (Post 1995908)
Lol Easy to spot my Britishness ... Just gotta look at my typing!

Yeah I'm aware of sites that show games as I used plenty last season lol... Altho I'm seriously considering paying 99 for NFL gamepass and then I can watch any and all NFL games all season + the last 2 years archives of all games highlights.

Where abouts in Europe were you bro?

I was in the Air Force and been all over but I lived for three years in Northern Italy and four years in Southern Germany. Been to England a couple of times to, I just never lived there.

LondonTex 08-17-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas T (Post 1996166)
I was in the Air Force and been all over but I lived for three years in Northern Italy and four years in Southern Germany. Been to England a couple of times to, I just never lived there.

Oh yeah?, awesome!.... I really wanna check out Germany... Especially the mountainous parts, They look amazing!