Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Hello there (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93775)

LondonTex 08-13-2012 02:14 AM

Hello there
 
My first post to say hello all...I'm 32 married christian guy and father (of 1 baby girl)from England... and got into NFL more than ever last year after seeing the Bucs and Bears in London. I've followed NFL on and off for years but now can't get enough of watching and trying to learn more about the intricacies of the game. I've already tried to follow several other teams (Including the Pats who I'll be seeing play vs the Rams in London in Oct) but following successful and established teams hasn't felt 'right' for me as I don't want to be another bandwagon fan...my love of all things NFL has increased steadily but I want a team to call my own....to follow thru the good and bad...I do believe I have found my team in the Texans ....I really like them because they are the newest team...haven't won anything yet(AFC South aside..which is awesome) and have only made the play-offs once. As someone quite new to following the NFL seriously I figure it'd be great to be part of a new team and I can never be accused of being a bandwagoner....I look forward to the Texans making history by winning the SB sometime !

P.s ...Met Ray Lewis/Nate Solder and Steven Jackson in London recently at a tiny fan forum I was fortunate to be invited to promoting the upcoming IS game in Oct...those guys are scary big up close :) ...Ray lewis was great...answered my question and took a pic with me...Nate Solder is HUGE. I hope the Texans come play a road game sometime but more so I would love to visit Texas sometime as I hear its awesome!

See you on the boards :)

Showtime100 08-13-2012 09:13 AM

Re: Hello there
 
Now THAT'S a nice introduction.

Welcome to the board and to our little country some call TexanNation. Ok, not many call it that, but welcome!

Looking forward to reading future posts. Oh, and London did a great job with the Olympics! Cheers. :tiphat: :wesmantexanfan:

LondonTex 08-13-2012 09:48 AM

Re: Hello there
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 1993989)
Now THAT'S a nice introduction.

Welcome to the board and to our little country some call TexanNation. Ok, not many call it that, but welcome!

Looking forward to reading future posts. Oh, and London did a great job with the Olympics! Cheers. :tiphat: :wesmantexanfan:

Thanks friend.... I'm sure I'll love this place and will learn tons :)

As for the Olympics - I've really enjoyed it .... When I haven't been supporting GB I've been rooting for USA... I went to the Beach Volleyball and saw USA beat Spain.... Was a thrilling match and so close... USA came back to win from several match points down in the most exciting finish I've ever seen!

Vinny 08-13-2012 11:05 AM

Re: Hello there
 
welcome aboard. :handshake:

TexansBlood 08-13-2012 11:26 AM

Re: Hello there
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonTex (Post 1994001)
Thanks friend.... I'm sure I'll love this place and will learn tons :)

As for the Olympics - I've really enjoyed it .... When I haven't been supporting GB I've been rooting for USA... I went to the Beach Volleyball and saw USA beat Spain.... Was a thrilling match and so close... USA came back to win from several match points down in the most exciting finish I've ever seen!

Lucky! Those Spain girls had junk in their trunk

Welcome aboard buddy

Playoffs 08-13-2012 11:34 AM

Re: Hello there
 
Welcome to TexansTalk! :fans:

DX-TEX 08-13-2012 11:36 AM

Re: Hello there
 
Welcome! Dont be afraid to post or ask questions.

How is the NFL being taken by the British people?

LondonTex 08-13-2012 12:47 PM

Re: Hello there
 
Thanks, appreciate for the welcome guys :)

The NFL has a thriving fan base nowadays. We have some really knowledgeable fans who have followed it religiously since it was first broadcast here in 1982 ...all throughout the 80s NFL attracted new fans. I remember watching it late into the early hours with my brother...I was just 6 or 7 at the time. Nowadays it's more than just a casual sport for many. - they view it as their favourite sport...and it's fast becoming mine! ...Many fans set up clubs and meet up for events...We have the international series game here once a year (possibly expanding to twice a year as we usually sell out a 80,000+ stadium) ...There's even talk of a UK team in years to come as the NFL seem to want a team in the UK ...I hope not tho as logistically speaking it would be a nightmare for teams. I get the impression that most UK fans don't want a permanent team in the Uk as they are already attached to a team in the states...for example, if come 2022 I am a die hard Texans fan I'm hardly going to give up my loyalty to them to a UK team....besides, it would mean 4 or 5 road games at a time in the states and teams from the West Coast flying here etc etc...so yes, the NFL is really doing well here...and growing...and long may that continue!

BIG TORO 08-13-2012 12:48 PM

Re: Hello there
 
Welcome to Texans Talk and I'm glad you picked the Texans as your team!

LondonTex 08-13-2012 12:58 PM

Re: Hello there
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG TORO (Post 1994146)
Welcome to Texans Talk and I'm glad you picked the Texans as your team!

Thanks man ...Looking forward to cheering them on this season! :handshake:

NitroGSXR 08-13-2012 01:03 PM

Re: Hello there
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonTex (Post 1993926)
My first post to say hello all...I'm 32 married christian guy and father (of 1 baby girl)from England... and got into NFL more than ever last year after seeing the Bucs and Bears in London. I've followed NFL on and off for years but now can't get enough of watching and trying to learn more about the intricacies of the game. I've already tried to follow several other teams (Including the Pats who I'll be seeing play vs the Rams in London in Oct) but following successful and established teams hasn't felt 'right' for me as I don't want to be another bandwagon fan...my love of all things NFL has increased steadily but I want a team to call my own....to follow thru the good and bad...I do believe I have found my team in the Texans ....I really like them because they are the newest team...haven't won anything yet(AFC South aside..which is awesome) and have only made the play-offs once. As someone quite new to following the NFL seriously I figure it'd be great to be part of a new team and I can never be accused of being a bandwagoner....I look forward to the Texans making history by winning the SB sometime !

P.s ...Met Ray Lewis/Nate Solder and Steven Jackson in London recently at a tiny fan forum I was fortunate to be invited to promoting the upcoming IS game in Oct...those guys are scary big up close :) ...Ray lewis was great...answered my question and took a pic with me...Nate Solder is HUGE. I hope the Texans come play a road game sometime but more so I would love to visit Texas sometime as I hear its awesome!

See you on the boards :)

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME! Love to be more international... as long as the Texans are the road opponent. As one who attends the games, I do not want to lose a home game to a "cross the ocean" trip. The season is way too short. We only get 8 regular season home games per year.

LondonTex 08-13-2012 01:17 PM

Re: Hello there
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 1994158)
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME! Love to be more international... as long as the Texans are the road opponent. As one who attends the games, I do not want to lose a home game to a "cross the ocean" trip. The season is way too short. We only get 8 regular season home games per year.

Absolutely agree with you 100% . The established UK fanbases over here (Bucs, Pats, Giants etc) would all love to see their team play here but they all say only if it's a road game. The fanclubs here usually organize annual trips to see their teams in the states anyway so even less reason to want their team to lose a home game. I would love to see the Texans here...but only if it was a road trip some year. I'd much rather go see them in Texas tho :) ...I'm sure I'd enjoy seeing any team play in the states...I'm also happy to catch NFL games in the UK each year nowdays....one day I'd also really want to do is go see a college game in the states as I LOVE college football...Preferably in the South somewhere....hopefully One day it'll happen ! ..In the meantime I'll have to settle for ESPN and Friday night lights on TV....

Forgot to mention earlier....last year, the weekend of the London NFL game between the Bucs and Bears...we went to the fan rally in Trafalgar Square...we watched Jerry McGuire on a big screen and throughout the evening we were entertained by the bucs cheerleaders and Bears brass band. Then Cuba Gooding Jnr (who was in the movie) spoke to us on stage along with Marshall Faulk ...a truly awesome NFLUK weekend...We don't just have the game but we make a weekend of it. Can't wait for this years game between the Rams and Pats


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger