Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   JJ Watt down in practice Update: Arm/elbow Injury (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93566)

TejasTom 08-02-2012 09:58 AM

JJ Watt down in practice Update: Arm/elbow Injury

JJ Watt went down in practice today. Trainers huddled around him for about a minute. He got up walked around, got on a cart and went inside.

alphajoker 08-02-2012 10:10 AM

Re: JJ Watt down in practice

SR610 reporting its an arm injury

ThaShark316 08-02-2012 10:13 AM

Elbow injury according to Nick Scurfield.

gtexan02 08-02-2012 10:15 AM

Why....

jaayteetx 08-02-2012 10:16 AM

wtf? seriousness?

HTown2ATX 08-02-2012 10:17 AM

Probably just dinged up.....have to wait for Kubes to address the media...

HOU-TEX 08-02-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTown2ATX (Post 1988566)
Probably just dinged up.....have to wait for Kubes to address the media...

It'll likely be after the afternoon practice. So, once again, everyone keep them fingers crossed

BrandonLwowski 08-02-2012 10:29 AM

Can this camp get anymore terrifying...andre...brown....watt WTH:overreact:

Texn4life 08-02-2012 10:31 AM

Brooks was taken of the field by trainers too this morning. Training camp starting to take its toll. Very happy its only the first week though. Get all of these out of the way early.

jaayteetx 08-02-2012 10:32 AM

Hate this time of the year, the only news you hear is often bad.

hobie 08-02-2012 10:32 AM

It's happening to all teams.. I understand the need for TC, but too many people get hurt far too often...Next guy up I guess will be the motto again this season if it comes down to it .

srrono 08-02-2012 10:34 AM

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Andre Johnson on JJ Watt: "From what Iím hearing, itís not season-ending. I think heíll be out there with us on game 1."

This is turning into a really hard week.

HOU-TEX 08-02-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 1988572)
Brooks was taken of the field by trainers too this morning. Training camp starting to take its toll. Very happy its only the first week though. Get all of these out of the way early.

Brooks being taken off was heat related. So, likely no issue there

nero THE zero 08-02-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 1988577)
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Andre Johnson on JJ Watt: "From what Iím hearing, itís not * expletive deleted*. I think heíll be out there with us on game 1."

This is turning into a really hard week.

FTFY.

Jesus. Anyone know where to purchase bubble wrap in bulk?

MidtownMikey 08-02-2012 10:37 AM

Brandon Brooks was taken off the field for heat related issues, so doesn't look like a real issue there. On Twitter it sounds like Kubiak said Watt should be ready for sure by the first regular season game.

Still makes me wonder if that means it is a month long injury. While by now I'd be in favor of keeping out our biggest stars from the preseason due to injury concerns (Andre, Schaub, Barwin, Watt, Foster, Cushing, JoJo don't need preseason), it is one thing for a player to be able to play coming back from an injury 4 weeks later.

My real hope is Watt would be at 100% come regular season. Guess we should know more this afternoon, and I'll be at the training camp tomorrow morning.

Texn4life 08-02-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 1988578)
Brooks being taken off was heat related. So, likely no issue there

That's definitely good to hear. And if Watt is out there week 1 thats all we can ask for.

HOU-TEX 08-02-2012 10:39 AM

I keep hearing people say he'll be ready by week 1. If I had to guess the injury it'd be a partial dislocation? Given the time table's around 4 weeks. Unless they're just guessing.

Dutchrudder 08-02-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski (Post 1988571)
Can this camp get anymore terrifying...andre...brown....watt WTH:overreact:

Every team has injuries during camp. It happens. The Colts lost Ben Ijalana for the season during practice this week. He was a 2nd round pick just a year ago. Chargers are having issues with LT Gaither, Meachem got a knee injury, Ryan Matthews was in a car accident. Stuff happens.

Chargers injury thread: http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=94604

Raven's TE Pitta has a broken hand, needs surgery:
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/to...a-broken-hand/

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Haloti Ngata has been placed on the active physically unable to perform list, per a league source.

Ben Roethlisberger has a partial tear his throwing arm's rotator cuff.

and on and on and on...

TejasTom 08-02-2012 10:44 AM

Watt's happened on a run play. There was a big pile and he was on bottom.

Cjeremy635 08-02-2012 10:53 AM

I get what some are saying about a few guys not needing camp, but I don't know how that will transalate for being ready for game time speed and just jelling with the group. Also, Schaub is going to need as much help as he can get since he missed some of last season. I think his timing and confidence needs to be spot on for game 1. All you can do is keep your fingers crossed that what injuries do happen aren't season threatening. It's part of the game. Sucks, but that's the reality.