Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Training Camp Live: AJ left practice (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93480)

Hagar 07-29-2012 11:12 AM

Training Camp Live: AJ left practice

Training Camp Live just anounced that AJ pulled up in a 1-on-1 drill. They think its a minor groin injury.

TexansBull 07-29-2012 11:14 AM

Re: Training Camp Live: AJ left practice

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...g9OfOyAvkAiY0A

b0ng 07-29-2012 11:14 AM

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin.

Hardcore Texan 07-29-2012 11:15 AM

DAMN!!!!!! :brickwall:

jaayteetx 07-29-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansBull (Post 1986772)

my sentiments exactly

Hardcore Texan 07-29-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 1986774)
Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin.

Hopefully he'll be fine. At least it's not his hammy I guess.

False Start 07-29-2012 11:17 AM

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i.../florida-1.gif

MannyFresh 07-29-2012 11:20 AM

Can we swallow our pride and forget about "character talk" and make a business decision and get Plaxico at least for the season?

TexansFanatic 07-29-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Andre Johnson tweaked his groin during a 1-on-1 drill Sunday morning, but is expected to be fine within a few days.
Coach Gary Kubiak is "not too concerned" and shutting him down for the day was simply a precautionary measure. Johnson, 31, deserves an injury red flag after missing 12 games due to injury over the last two seasons, but his upside makes him worth a look in the second round of your draft. Jul 29 - 11:37 AM
Source: Steph Stradley on Twitter
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1575/andre-johnson

BSofA04 07-29-2012 11:23 AM

Bummer. Someone get AJ his own stretching coach. This **** is getting old!

Heath Shuler 07-29-2012 11:25 AM

Kubiak talks about it:

http://youtu.be/JgurLK8pf9o

Porky 07-29-2012 11:34 AM

When are we going to talk about the elephant in the living room? This is no longer a "freak" accident thing. The guy's got MAJOR issues with hamstrings, groins, and other tendons, and has for 2-3 years and it's only going to get worse with age. It's only a matter of time before he goes down again. If he plays 16 games this year, I'll eat my shorts.

Is it time to propose the "Hakeem" rule? Get what you can for him while his trade value remains high. I HATE the idea too, so don't throw maters but at what point do we cut our losses and move on. The guy is a walking injury waiting to happen and he doesn't help the team standing on the sideline with a towel over his head. :kitten:

TexansFanatic 07-29-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porky (Post 1986785)
When are we going to talk about the elephant in the living room? This is no longer a "freak" accident thing. The guy's got MAJOR issues with hamstrings, groins, and other tendons, and has for 2-3 years and it's only going to get worse with age. It's only a matter of time before he goes down again. If he plays 16 games this year, I'll eat my shorts.

I hate to agree, but I do. The dude is on the wrong side of 30 and while he's still an amazing player when he's 100%, he's not 100% very often any more.

I sure hope those young WRs pan out.

Imatexanfan 07-29-2012 11:41 AM

I agree 100% the fact every little thing he does now he gets injured makes me sick to my stomach. AJ is not going to be able to play the full 16 games this season and then postseason as well if he is already having problems.

We seriously need to address this situation before it gets worse.

Goldensilence 07-29-2012 11:41 AM

While I don't think it's time for a panic alert this should be a genuine concern for the coaching staff.

We're a snap away from our WR corps looking like this:

A #2 who hasn't been an effective #2 in several years now in KW

2 rookies with mixed OTAs and Mini camp results. I have heard Martin has done well, while Posey struggled.

A second year UDFA coming of a IR year in Lestar Jean.

Bryant Johnson.

drunkcookie 07-29-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Is it time to propose the "Hakeem" rule? Get what you can for him while his trade value remains high. I HATE the idea too, so don't throw maters but at what point do we cut our losses and move on. The guy is a walking injury waiting to happen and he doesn't help the team standing on the sideline with a towel over his head. :kitten:

For sure a warranted opinion

TexansBull 07-29-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Valid concern but I would wait to see how the rest of the season plays out before going nuclear with a Hakeem like trade (Stevie Fanchise and Cuttino Mobley...is that all we got?)

He had hamsting issues last year 2011. The year before 2010 it was his ankle. 2007 it was an MCL/PCL. 2005 it was his calf or knee.

I think he has had a bad string of years. He does have 2-3 year shelf life in high level production. But the team as a whole has the same shelf life before losing key players because of contract extensions, free agency and age.

I say just wait because this injury seems to be more minor than anything.

MEGA SWATT 07-29-2012 12:07 PM

Plaxico. Good day.

BullBlitz 07-29-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hagar (Post 1986771)
Training Camp Live just anounced that AJ pulled up in a 1-on-1 drill. They think its a minor groin injury.

2 days? Even I thought he'd make it a little longer than that. But I never bought the reports that he was ready to play, because with those injuries you don't know until you go full speed.

Hey Rick, how many more muscle and tendon injuries from Andre do we need to see before you start taking this seriously?

Lucky 07-29-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Is it time to propose the "Hakeem" rule? Get what you can for him while his trade value remains high.

http://welldonefillet.com/wp-content...rreaction1.jpg

What exactly is the "Hakeem Rule"? The Rockets wanted Olajuwon to retire, and traded him as a courtesy to Hakeem.