Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Fantasy Football 2012 - The Steel Blue League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93468)

Vinny 07-28-2012 11:01 AM

Fantasy Football 2012 - The Steel Blue League

I'm going to have some openings in my Steel Blue Fantasy Football League. We will have a live draft the last Sunday night before the start of the season. We will draft on Sunday, Sep 2, 2012 at 8:00pm CDT, with the season starting 3 days later on a Wednesday.

It will cost you $20 up front to join and we pay out $150 for first place, $60 for second place and $30 for 3rd place. You can paypal your fees to the league, so we're making it easy. I'll have the winning money out as soon as everything is finalized at the eoy.

12 team league with 3 flex IDP plus one team defense. I only have one flex position for the offense.

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, T, WR/T, K, Team Defense, IDP, IDP, IDP

Send me a PM if you would like to join. It will be 100% Texanstalk members and I will not be able to fit everyone who asks in the league, so my apologies up front on that one.

I would like everyone paid up before the draft so that we do not have any issues dragging into the season except for who starts picking up the best FA players on the weekly waivers and is Greg going to lose every game by half a point, to become the highest scoring non-winning team ever...again.

__________________________________________________ ___________

August 21 UPDATE:

League Home: http://afcsouthchamps.league.fantasy.nfl.com

OK the league is full and 75% funded with solid commitments so it looks like everything is on schedule. The live draft is a week from this Sunday on Sep 2 @ 8:00pm CDT. I only request one hard rule in regard to the draft. Once the draft starts please do not talk about any player before he is picked. Once a player is picked you can chat about him as much as you want. Good luck.

Division 1: Steel Blue
Watch The Throne
Texas Killas
majestrate's a Hartmann 2 beat
Arian's Foster Kids
Arlington Texans
3 Hour Tour

Division 2: Battle Red
Overofficious Jerks
The Jerk Store
Multiple Scoregasms
Pollardizers
Brisket Gumbo
Monkeyloaf

gwallaia 07-28-2012 11:04 AM

Re: Fantasy Football 2012 - The Steel Blue League

That is why I hate Fantasy Football, I score more points than almost anyone in my league but always end up in last place. Its unbelievable that it happens year in and year out.

Anyways, sign me up again.

Vinny 07-28-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 1986363)
That is why I hate Fantasy Football, I score more points than almost anyone in my league but always end up in last place. Its unbelievable that it happens year in and year out.

Anyways, sign me up again.

I have you a place saved.

I'm thinking about hosting two leagues this year. I may set up a Battle Red league to go along with my Steel Blue league this season. I always do this conventional league (Steel Blue) but I'm also thinking of a pure points league as a change of pace. No divisions, no head-to-head. Just straight up who has the most points at the end of the year. I was in one led by a Packer fan from footballguys a few years ago and I liked it. I'm not going to join a ton of leagues this year, so perhaps I'll throw this into the mix as well.

TexansSeminole 07-28-2012 11:19 AM

I'm interested. Only have one other league I participate in and have been wanting to branch out to another.

Playoffs 07-28-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 1986363)
I score more points than almost anyone in my league but always end up in last place.

Two ways to address that:

1) Top half in points gets a win each week -- kinda makes it more interesting in that you have to track more than one opponent's scoring,

or 2) Division winners make playoffs, then next two high point teams round out the semifinals. (We use this, allows for luck of the draw & merit.)

gwallaia 07-28-2012 11:27 AM

I may want in the Red League then,

Grams 07-29-2012 07:28 AM

I don't usually play in a money league, but I do like playing with IDP players.

Will send you a pm if you have an opening.

IBleedTexans 07-29-2012 09:15 AM

If you have a spot open I'll join . Never been in a idp league so should be fun

Pollardized 07-29-2012 10:09 AM

I'm in if there is room.

Vinny 08-11-2012 03:04 PM

UPDATE

Lucky, texasguy346, playa465, majestrate and Vinny all have their league fees paid in full.

Pollardized logged into league with commitment (check's in the mail). Grams changed his mind. We have 3 openings left.

IBleedTexans check your PM box please.

Live draft is on Sunday, Sep 2, 2012 at 8:00pm CDT....the last Sunday night before opening week.

ArlingtonTexan 08-11-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 1992780)
UPDATE

Lucky, texasguy346, playa465, majestrate and Vinny all have their league fees paid in full.

Pollardized logged into league with commitment (check's in the mail). Grams changed his mind. We have 3 openings left.

IBleedTexans check your PM box please.

Live draft is on Sunday, Sep 2, 2012 at 8:00pm CDT....the last Sunday night before opening week.

Pretty sure that I paid and have logged in.

Vinny 08-11-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan (Post 1992785)
Pretty sure that I paid and have logged in.

yeah sorry SF, you paid right off the bat...goes to show ya' that the nice quiet guys who take care of their business always seem to get forgotten. Thanks for your reminder.

TexansSeminole 08-11-2012 03:56 PM

Sorry, I have been busy at work but will get home today in about 3 hours and will pay and log in at that time.

Pollardized 08-11-2012 04:02 PM

Just sent payment through PP.

Dutchrudder 08-11-2012 09:42 PM

I'm interested, what site do you use to run the league?

...please say yahoo.... :)

Vinny 08-12-2012 01:53 PM

Pollardized - League Fees PAID!

Thanks and good luck to you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1993237)
I'm interested, what site do you use to run the league?

...please say yahoo.... :)

Sorry, this season we are located in the NFL.com fantasy world. I'd love to have you join if you want in and are willing to pay the league fee before we draft. 100% of the league fees are paid out to the top 3 players.

Pollardized 08-12-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 1993564)

Sorry, this season we are located in the NFL.com fantasy world. I'd love to have you join if you want in and are willing to pay the league fee before we draft. 100% of the league fees are paid out to the top 3 players.

Yeah, come on and play. There will be 2 other spots paid after mine (1st).

Honoring Earl 34 08-12-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Hmm ... play fantasy football or getting a gallon of gas ?

I'll play if you need someone . I'm working for another month on 225 close to La Porte so paying will be easy . Do you know Billy at Whataburger ?

Dutchrudder 08-12-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Well, it appears NFL.com has added the most annoying achievements system I have ever seen on a website. NFL.com Rewards is what it's called, and every time you earn coins for doing just about anything, you get popups all over the screen... Cause everyone loves popups!!! :( You can sign up here: LINK Kinda silly, but maybe it will be worth something.

Anyways, I think I can do that league. PM me the invite and I"ll join or whatever.

Vinny 08-12-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1993662)
Well, it appears NFL.com has added the most annoying achievements system I have ever seen on a website. NFL.com Rewards is what it's called, and every time you earn coins for doing just about anything, you get popups all over the screen... Cause everyone loves popups!!! :( You can sign up here: LINK Kinda silly, but maybe it will be worth something.

Anyways, I think I can do that league. PM me the invite and I"ll join or whatever.

sent you an invite. check your pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 (Post 1993643)
Hmm ... play fantasy football or getting a gallon of gas ?

I'll play if you need someone .

You may be the last man in...I'll check. I'll send you an invite also.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 (Post 1993643)
I'm working for another month on 225 close to La Porte so paying will be easy . Do you know Billy at Whataburger ?

is he the guy that keeps forgetting the jalapenos on my burger?