Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Platinum & Blue Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Skyline Chili.... Ryan (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93237)

Texan_Bill 07-16-2012 08:46 PM

Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
This is for you my friend, Ryan.....

So I'm watching "bubblegum TV", Diners Drive Ins and Dives...

This particular segment hits tha "Nati" and the pasta with chili.... Worst combo - EVER!!!

*throwing up in my mouth a little*

ESAD2-14 07-16-2012 09:36 PM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
You know, when I was stationed up north I saw some of this skyline chili in the freezer section of a grocery store. The picture on the box reminded me of that James Coney Island chili dog sauce. Memory may be a little fuzzy but it did not seem appetizing at all.

Joe Texan 07-17-2012 01:32 AM

I saw that too and in cinncinati you ask for a 5way you get noodles, chili, beans something else and cheese
Kinda gross if you ask me. Every one knows there ain't no beans in chili

Vinny 07-17-2012 08:15 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
SteakNShake serves up the pasta and chili a bit East of us...not bad. Pasta, chili, cheese and onions (4 way)...no beans please. Don't like the 5 way chili. It's basically chili-mac with spaghetti noodles instead of elbow macaroni.

Also, being a Texan...I don't care for the sweet skyline chili as much as Texas chili. Has a bit of a cinnamon-like thing going on that doesn't seem very chili-like.

Yankee_In_TX 07-17-2012 08:24 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Yeah, Steak N Shake is from up north. It was where you went at 3 AM to eat :) MMmmmm.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3dtoP-l5fC...00/Skyline.jpg

chicagotexan2 07-17-2012 08:55 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 1981278)
SteakNShake serves up the pasta and chili a bit East of us...not bad. Pasta, chili, cheese and onions (4 way)...no beans please. Don't like the 5 way chili. It's basically chili-mac with spaghetti noodles instead of elbow macaroni.

Also, being a Texan...I don't care for the sweet skyline chili as much as Texas chili. Has a bit of a cinnamon-like thing going on that doesn't seem very chili-like.

Right here. I taste too much cinnamon and too cloves or cumin. It's texture very fine and watery almost sauce-like. I tried it once, I won't try it again.

Texan_Bill 07-17-2012 10:39 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 1981282)
Yeah, Steak N Shake is from up north. It was where you went at 3 AM to eat :) MMmmmm.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3dtoP-l5fC...00/Skyline.jpg

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

HOU-TEX 07-17-2012 10:45 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Dude, the wife watches those goofy channels all the time. However, I must admit, triple D is one of my favorite shows.

Texan_Bill 07-17-2012 10:47 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 1981355)
Dude, the wife watches those goofy channels all the time. However, I must admit, triple D is one of my favorite shows.

I love Triple D, but Guy Fieri is suuuuch a douche!!

cuppacoffee 07-17-2012 11:51 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
One of the kids gave me the DDD cookbook for Christmas a few year back.

Lots of good recipes in it. I use it a lot.

When I retired from Chevron my wife (da boss) retired from cooking.

Guess it was only fair. She does all the rest of the housework.

Except for mopping the floors. I somehow inherited that too. Marine Corps boot camp trained me well in floor mopping.

Guy Fieri..gotta be a tough way to make a living.


:coffee:

HOU-TEX 07-17-2012 01:28 PM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1981357)
I love Triple D, but Guy Fieri is suuuuch a douche!!

I think he's kinda funny at times. Although, I would hesitate to cup check him and take his cars

Texan_Bill 07-17-2012 03:50 PM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 1981485)
I think he's kinda funny at times. Although, I would hesitate to cup check him and take his cars

He can be funny, but really? A bowling shirt and frosted tips at 44 years old?? Douchiness?!!

ckhouston 07-17-2012 03:57 PM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 1981282)

Quite possibly the worst food I have ever had.

I had to use half a bottle of hot sauce just to make it bearable.

Dr2bKay 07-17-2012 06:06 PM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
I love Triple D. That is how I found out about Lankford's in Midtown. Yum. I miss Houston.

disaacks3 07-17-2012 06:56 PM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1981347)
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

But I thought you were a fan of three-ways? :kitten:

Texan_Bill 07-17-2012 07:07 PM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 1981697)
But I thought you were a fan of three-ways? :kitten:

Well played, sir!

hobie 07-18-2012 07:16 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1981701)
Well played, sir!

Remember T_B. it's not gay if it's in a 3way!

Texan_Bill 07-18-2012 10:55 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hobie (Post 1981816)
Remember T_B. it's not gay if it's in a 3way!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...eb181a758de01c

hobie 07-18-2012 11:20 AM

Re: Skyline Chili.... Ryan
 
T_B, was thinking it would be this way for ya..


http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...eE6VZ1jUdl40Wf

Joe Texan 08-15-2012 04:53 PM

Bill backs off quietly


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger