Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Play-Off turnover (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93159)

thunderkyss 07-13-2012 12:41 PM

Play-Off turnover
 
Every year, we say the same thing, I thought it might be fun to get an early prediction from a knowledgable bunch such as they guys & gals of TexansTalk.com..
Quote:

Since 1996, the NFL is averaging a 50 percent turnover ratio in playoff teams from the prior season. That means that six of the 12 teams that make it this year wont make it the next. And no matter how bad your team was last year, your team could be heading to the show next season.
AFC
  1. Patriots
  2. Ravens
  3. Texans
  4. Broncos
  5. Steelers
  6. Bengals


NFC
  1. Packers
  2. 49ers
  3. Saints
  4. Giants
  5. Falcons
  6. Lions


So who's in & who's out?

Playoffs 07-13-2012 01:02 PM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
I'm not seeing 50% turnover for this year in my crystal ball.

JCTexan 07-13-2012 01:16 PM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1979802)
AFC
  1. Patriots
  2. Ravens
  3. Texans
  4. Broncos
  5. Steelers
  6. Bengals


NFC
  1. Packers
  2. 49ers
  3. Saints
  4. Giants
  5. Falcons
  6. Lions


So who's in & who's out?

Who's out? I'm going to predict five teams won't make it: New York, New Orleans, Detroit, Cincinnati and Denver.

The five teams that will replace them will be: Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, Oakland and San Diego.

Norg 07-13-2012 04:31 PM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
AFC
Broncos
Steelers
Bengals



NFC
Saints
Falcons
Lions


thoes teams will be out thats what all the experts are saying cause thoes 6 are the most safest pics on paper

thunderkyss 12-12-2012 08:40 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
I thought it would be fun to revisit this topic. How does the play-off picture compare to what you thought back in July?

cuppacoffee 12-12-2012 08:42 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Better yet..Where is thunderkyss?

:coffee:

Exascor 12-12-2012 09:59 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
removed

infantrycak 12-12-2012 10:45 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cuppacoffee (Post 2077532)
Better yet..Where is thunderkyss?

:coffee:

C'mon folks. There is a legitimate reason for this. Have some respect.

JCTexan 12-12-2012 11:33 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2077531)
I thought it would be fun to revisit this topic. How does the play-off picture compare to what you thought back in July?

Obviously Denver is in, so I was wrong there. I was right about Detroit and New Orleans not making it. I couldn't have been more wrong about Oakland, San Diego & Philadelphia. I liked Oakland's running game and with Carson Palmer having some time in that system, I thought they would be better. Philly & San Diego definitely have the talent on their team and I thought they would figure it out this year; obviously they didn't. The Bengals, Bears and Giants are still up in the air.

Of course I was trying to meet the criteria for this article and that statistic hasn't held up this year. Five of the AFC playoff teams will be returning from last year, while four of the NFC teams look to be returning. That only leaves three teams out. Of those three, the Saints & Lions won't make it and the Bengals could be the lone AFC team not returning. Chicago & Dallas are both in their respective playoff hunts, so if they somehow make it in, I could also be right there.

Thorn 12-13-2012 07:45 PM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
AFC
Patriots - these four are back
Ravens
Texans
Broncos


Steelers - one of these two is out, replaced by Indy
Bengals


don't care about the NFC. :)

thunderkyss 12-13-2012 08:11 PM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2078557)
AFC


Steelers - one of these two is out, replaced by Indy
Bengals


don't care about the NFC. :)

If we beat the Colts twice, does that change anything?

JCTexan 12-13-2012 11:58 PM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2078564)
If we beat the Colts twice, does that change anything?

No. The other game for the Colts is against the Chiefs so they should have their tenth win there. The Bengals-Steelers will play each other in week sixteen so only one of them can have ten wins.

thunderkyss 12-14-2012 07:42 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2078635)
No. The other game for the Colts is against the Chiefs so they should have their tenth win there. The Bengals-Steelers will play each other in week sixteen so only one of them can have ten wins.

On last nights game they said if the Bengals win out & the Colts end up with six wins, the Bengals are in & the Colts are out.

JCTexan 12-14-2012 04:29 PM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2078671)
On last nights game they said if the Bengals win out & the Colts end up with six wins, the Bengals are in & the Colts are out.

Do you mean if the Colts end up with nine wins? Ok, I have worked on the playoff machine at ESPN. I have come up with only one scenario the Colts don't make the playoffs. If the Colts lose out and finish 9-7, the Bengals win out and finish 10-6 and the Steelers go 2-1 (Loss to Cincinnati) the Colts would still make it as the sixth seed over Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh were to win that game over Cincy then the Steelers would make it as the 5th seed, Colts as the 6th.

The only team that can ruin the playoff chances of the Colts is the New York Jets. If the Colts end up losing out & the Jets win out and the Steelers or Bengals take care of business the Colts would be out. That's the only scenario the Colts won't make the playoffs.

thunderkyss 01-04-2013 10:16 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1979802)
Every year, we say the same thing, I thought it might be fun to get an early prediction from a knowledgable bunch such as they guys & gals of TexansTalk.com..
AFC
  1. Patriots
  2. Ravens
  3. Texans
  4. Broncos
  5. Steelers
  6. Bengals


NFC
  1. Packers
  2. 49ers
  3. Saints
  4. Giants
  5. Falcons
  6. Lions


So who's in & who's out?

Interesting. Not exactly 50% as the AFC is set up pretty close to last year except the Steelers are out, the Colts are in.

NFC, no Saints, no Giants, no Lions. Replaced by Seattle, 'Skins, & Minnesota.

So much for history right?

bobbeaux 01-05-2013 11:29 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2096248)
Interesting. Not exactly 50% as the AFC is set up pretty close to last year except the Steelers are out, the Colts are in.

NFC, no Saints, no Giants, no Lions. Replaced by Seattle, 'Skins, & Minnesota.

So much for history right?

it said on average, but i hear ya, only 33% this time.

next year:

AFC
Patriots
Broncos
Ravens
Texans
Colts
Bengals


NFC
Falcons
49ers
Packers
Seahawks
Redskins
Vikings

i could easily see the ravens, colts and bengals and the 49ers, redskins and vikings not making it.

Playoffs 01-05-2013 12:00 PM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1979828)
I'm not seeing 50% turnover for this year in my crystal ball.

33% turnover, my crystal ball was right. http://orbiter-forum.com/images/smil...ystalBall1.gif

thunderkyss 01-06-2013 07:43 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbeaux (Post 2096972)

i could easily see the ravens, colts and bengals and the 49ers, redskins and vikings not making it.

I think the Vikings are on the rise. They've got several issues, but if they can address the depth issue, I think it would help them tremendously. They've got to think they don't have a #1 WR & they don't have a QB. Bring in a guy to be that #1 WR, a guy who could be that #1 WR, & a guy who has potential to be #1; push Harvin (who can't stay healthy) down to #3 or at least try to. If Percy Harvin ends up being the #2 guy because he earned that spot, then they're better off for it.

I'd have open competition for the starting QB. If Ponder wins, great. If he doesn't, great. He's still the future, but he's not ready now. If he can't get better holding that clip-board then his time in Minnesota is done. But I'd bring in guys like Kolb, Henne, Smith & make Ponder convince me he's better than those back-ups.

bobbeaux 01-06-2013 09:31 AM

Re: Play-Off turnover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2098974)
I think the Vikings are on the rise. They've got several issues, but if they can address the depth issue, I think it would help them tremendously. They've got to think they don't have a #1 WR & they don't have a QB. Bring in a guy to be that #1 WR, a guy who could be that #1 WR, & a guy who has potential to be #1; push Harvin (who can't stay healthy) down to #3 or at least try to. If Percy Harvin ends up being the #2 guy because he earned that spot, then they're better off for it.

I'd have open competition for the starting QB. If Ponder wins, great. If he doesn't, great. He's still the future, but he's not ready now. If he can't get better holding that clip-board then his time in Minnesota is done. But I'd bring in guys like Kolb, Henne, Smith & make Ponder convince me he's better than those back-ups.

they've also got issues on defense to work on . . . their stars are aging on both sides . . . with green bay, chicago and detroit in the division, i can easily see them falling out next year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger