Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   new Texans beat writer at chron (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93153)

Heath Shuler 07-12-2012 09:39 PM

new Texans beat writer at chron

Quote:

I'm excited to announce I'll be joining the Houston Chronicle next month to cover the NFL and @HoustonTexans with a focus on enterprise.
Tania Ganguli

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli

former Jaguars beat writer for the Florida Times-Union.

Allstar 07-12-2012 09:43 PM

Re: new Texans beat writer at chron

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...itter_car1.JPG

http://jax-cdn.com/sites/default/fil...ture-55876.jpg

EllisUnit 07-12-2012 10:29 PM

i like her already :hurrah:

badboy 07-12-2012 10:50 PM

Really? Just what are her qualifications? signed Anna Mae

PapaL 07-12-2012 11:11 PM

Does she have a crazy eye?!?

badboy 07-12-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 1979568)
Does she have a crazy eye?!?

Nah, she's looking at you and an escape route.

Premier 07-12-2012 11:22 PM

i had an argument on twitter with this chick, about how duane browns punch was not a punch on clint sessions.. she kept calling him a dirty player and that the video clearly showed duane brown taking a swing.. then the NFL renounced the fine on duane and she didnt have much to say..

badboy 07-12-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Premier (Post 1979572)
i had an argument on twitter with this chick, about how duane browns punch was not a punch on clint sessions.. she kept calling him a dirty player and that the video clearly showed duane brown taking a swing.. then the NFL renounced the fine on duane and she didnt have much to say..

Ah,everyone has an opinion on everything. Let's give her a chance.

DBCooper 07-12-2012 11:38 PM

Steph, extend the welcome wagon and invite her to the board.

The Medic01 07-13-2012 12:36 AM

hopefully this is the first of a very short process to firing John McClame. Whenever i complain about none of the networks talking about anybody but the Cowboys Packers and the East Coast teams someone says just use the local paper or something. Then I tell them who our writer is and they shutup.

Mr. White 07-13-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Medic01 (Post 1979603)
hopefully this is the first of a very short process to firing John McClame. Whenever i complain about none of the networks talking about anybody but the Cowboys Packers and the East Coast teams someone says just use the local paper or something. Then I tell them who our writer is and they shutup.

Or turn off ESPN and turn on NFL Network. The Texans get plenty of run on NFLN. Sometimes you'll even see an old walrus named McClain talking about the House of Pain or Pastorini or Bum Philips on the Top 10 Show.

Or if you watch Total Access, you'll see interviews with guys like Foster, Watt, or Cushing. They even get em miked up during the games sometimes.

Mr. White 07-13-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 1979570)

LMAO'ed at this one. And I thought I heard em all. Good stuff badboy.

Playoffs 07-13-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

He shoots, he scores. Rep.

TexansFanatic 07-13-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Damn, dude, that's seriously good. Very well played.

(msr)

SheTexan 07-13-2012 10:47 AM

Geeeeezzzzz! The local ragsheet continues to disappoint. What the hell does "focus on enterprise" mean!?

Thorn 07-13-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 1979577)
Ah,everyone has an opinion on everything. Let's give her a chance.

Yep. Let's give her a chance and see what she does. If she turns out to be either bad or good, she'll hear about either way. :lol:

IDEXAN 07-13-2012 10:56 AM

So is this so McClain can have more time covering the Titans, developing his "film career", etc. Maybe unlike McClain she might actually know something about football ? I did like McClains stories about the Oilers back in the day, they could be entertaining.

CloakNNNdagger 07-13-2012 11:22 AM

She also used to be an Orlando Sentinel sports reporter.

Quote:

Times-Union reporter arrested on 911 misuse charge
Posted: March 24, 2012 - 5:43pm | Updated: March 26, 2012 - 5:56pm
By Timothy J. Gibbons

UPDATE: On Monday afternoon, Jacksonville Beach police chief Bruce Thomason said his officer was wrong in filing the charge against Tania Ganguli.

A Florida Times-Union Jaguars beat reporter was arrested early Saturday for misusing the 911 system following a disturbance at a Jacksonville Beach bar.

Police were called to the Brix Tap House around 2 a.m. Saturday. Tania Ganguli, 27, of the 2300 block of Riverside Avenue, told an officer an employee of the business had pushed her to the ground, according to a police report.

The officer determined her complaint was unfounded, a decision Ganguli disagreed with. She then called 911, the report says, and asked for other officers to assist.

As she continued to "yell into the phone at the 911 dispatcher," the report says, she was arrested and then taken to the Duval County jail. She was released later Saturday.

Follow up:

Quote:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17hn...g/original.jpg

crime
By Jack Dickey
Mar 26, 2012 5:20 PM

A Jaguars Beat Writer Spent Friday Night In Jail After Allegedly Berating Cops At A Bar (And On The Phone) [UPDATE: Tania Freed!]
Jack Dickey

See update at 5:55 p.m.

We (and other outlets) quoted a bunch today from Florida Times-Union reporter Tania Ganguli's interview with Jaguars owner Shad Khan. Little did we know that Ganguli filed her copy after a rough weekend.

According to Ganguli's own paper, Jacksonville police dropped by the Brix Taphouse—which Deadspin's Jacksonville bureau chief Tim Burke describes as "a place that pretends to be fancy but is just another drunken beach establishment like all the others"—at 2 a.m., after Ganguli told an officer that a bar employee had pushed her to the ground.

Then, explains her own paper:

Quote:

The officer determined her complaint was unfounded, a decision Ganguli disagreed with. She then called 911, the report says, and asked for other officers to assist.

As she continued to "yell into the phone at the 911 dispatcher," the report says, she was arrested and taken to the Duval County jail. She was released later Saturday.
And, by Monday, she had written the day's biggest NFL story and kept mum on Twitter. Follow your dreams, kids!

UPDATE (5:55 p.m.): Jacksonville police just announced they won't charge Ganguli for whatever happened Friday night, the Times-Union reports. They have also apologized to Ganguli.

More:

Quote:

According to Police Chief Bruce Thomason, a charge of misusing 911 is rare enough that he reviewed the arrest report. Then he listened to her the 911 call, and decided not to press charges.

"It did not match up in my opinion with what was in the report," Thomason said. "I didn't believe she showed the obvious signs of intoxication that the officer indicated in his report; I did not hear the yelling.
The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice.

Like someone said, everyone has an opinion............

Playoffs 07-13-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 1979757)
She also used to be an Orlando Sentinel sports reporter.

Follow up:

Like someone said, everyone has an opinion............

Next!: Tania Ganguli interviews Adrian Peterson -- Chron reporter compares notes with AP on police brutality in bars

GP 07-13-2012 11:55 AM

How do these people get hired for such jobs?????????????

I'm amazed. Truly, genuinely amazed.