Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   2 LOL's (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93085)

srrono 07-10-2012 09:49 AM

2 LOL's
 
Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate
During #Ravens minicamp WR Jacoby Jones had an issue with drops; conversely, Tandon Doss has "perhaps" the best hands on team, via t.site.


Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley

When your Dad is Thor. Beautiful picture. RT @jamescasey86 Yep, I'm flyin' through the air. http://lockerz.com/s/223835785

http://lockerz.com/s/223835785

Perki-Perk 07-10-2012 10:16 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 1978429)
Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate
During #Ravens minicamp WR Jacoby Jones had an issue with drops; conversely, Tandon Doss has "perhaps" the best hands on team, via t.site.


Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley

When your Dad is Thor. Beautiful picture. RT @jamescasey86 Yep, I'm flyin' through the air. http://lockerz.com/s/223835785

http://lockerz.com/s/223835785

Reporters would have had a field day if this was Michael Jackson...lol

Cjeremy635 07-10-2012 10:18 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Wow....I typed that in the wrong thread, LOL.

Señor Stan 07-10-2012 10:31 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 (Post 1978437)
Wow....I typed that in the wrong thread, LOL.

Mods, please change title to 3 LOLs

Cjeremy635 07-10-2012 10:33 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Señor Stan (Post 1978442)
Mods, please change title to 3 LOLs

My thoughts exactly! :cool:

Playoffs 07-10-2012 10:35 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Jones has never been sure-handed, and committed a devastating special teams turnover in Houston's Divisional Round loss last season, muffing a punt. It's not exactly promising that his new team's website is commenting on his hands before camp even begins. Jones has the inside track on Baltimore's No. 3 receiver job, but will make a bigger impact on special teams.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=235656&spln=1

Texan_Bill 07-10-2012 10:35 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 1978429)
Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate
During #Ravens minicamp WR Jacoby Jones had an issue with drops; conversely, Tandon Doss has "perhaps" the best hands on team, via t.site.


Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley

When your Dad is Thor. Beautiful picture. RT @jamescasey86 Yep, I'm flyin' through the air. http://lockerz.com/s/223835785

http://lockerz.com/s/223835785

Water is wet.

Showtime100 07-10-2012 10:35 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Señor Stan (Post 1978442)
Mods, please change title to 3 LOLs

:lol: Mods, make it 4 please

Playoffs 07-10-2012 11:01 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
From Jacoby Jones thread on Ravens Forum:

Quote:

Radinho84
Pro Bowler - Members -1,220 posts
Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

can someone tell me what the guaranteed amount of money will be for jones and how much it would cost us to cut him? just a question...

ObsiWan 07-10-2012 11:16 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1978447)
Water is wet.

not all the time.

CloakNNNdagger 07-10-2012 11:29 AM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Looking back at an interview with The Baltimore Sun in June of this year.

Quote:

But his most recent memory occurred on Jan 15 when he fumbled a punt return that the Ravens converted into a touchdown in a 20-13 win in an AFC divisional playoff game. Jones, 27, said he has long forgotten about that miscue.

“It’s a new year and a new team,” he said. “It’s ironic that it happened against this team, but it’s a new year and a new team. Life goes on. If you’re the type of person that dwells on mistakes in the past, you’re never going to succeed and move on in life.”
That doesn't mean you don't dwell on CORRECTING your mistakes.

Quote:

Jones said he is more than comfortable with whatever tasks the coaches assign to him. “Whatever my role is, I’m going to use it to the best of my ability,” he said. “I’m going to do more with less.”
More drops with less opportunities??????:kitten:

Cjeremy635 07-10-2012 12:04 PM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Jacoby was one of those guys that aggrevated me moreso than others on this team.

The dude had natural talent, he just squandered it. I think if he would have tried to be more of a student of the game and less cocky, he probably could have had a much better career up to this point.

In my opinion, he comes across as one of those guys that "you can't tell nothin' to". They hear the advice, but it doesn't resonate. That in itself will be the reason he never takes his game to the next level. I don't know about his work ethic, but he should be using one of those football shooter thing-a-ma-jigs to catch footballs for about 6 hours a day in the offseason. Non-stop.

Cjeremy635 07-10-2012 12:05 PM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 1978472)
Looking back at an interview with The Baltimore Sun in June of this year.



That doesn't mean you don't dwell on CORRECTING your mistakes.



More drops with less opportunities??????:kitten:

I think he's saying that the Ravens suck. He's going to try to do more with less talent around him, LOL. :kitten:

Stemp 07-10-2012 12:17 PM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1978446)
Jones has never been sure-handed, and committed a devastating special teams turnover in Houston's Divisional Round loss last season, muffing a punt. It's not exactly promising that his new team's website is commenting on his hands before camp even begins. Jones has the inside track on Baltimore's No. 3 receiver job, but will make a bigger impact on special teams.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=235656&spln=1

Yes he will.... but not in a good way!

beerlover 07-10-2012 12:47 PM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 (Post 1978485)
Jacoby was one of those guys that aggrevated me moreso than others on this team.

The dude had natural talent, he just squandered it. I think if he would have tried to be more of a student of the game and less cocky, he probably could have had a much better career up to this point.

In my opinion, he comes across as one of those guys that "you can't tell nothin' to". They hear the advice, but it doesn't resonate. That in itself will be the reason he never takes his game to the next level. I don't know about his work ethic, but he should be using one of those football shooter thing-a-ma-jigs to catch footballs for about 6 hours a day in the offseason. Non-stop.

I'm hoping for a more polished, professional, hardworking, good hands WR with this years 2012 third round selection Posey. From a draft point of view Jacoby came out of a small school, flashing speed & acceleration. Posey came from a big program, displayed consistent route running ability & solid catching technique. Big upgrade on Texans part.

gwallaia 07-10-2012 02:58 PM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
He still has his excellent route running ability to fall back on.

beerlover 07-10-2012 04:21 PM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Mental toughness (which may just be Jacoby's way to approach, antics & cocky nature aside) preparing for contact & getting $hit knocked out over middle or in return situations. In NFL people make a living going at it both ways, must be not only physically gifted but a little crazy & fearless @ same time. Just look at changes to kick-off rules trying to dumb down chance of players to sustain serious injury, making accepting punt return inside 10 probably the biggest kill point in games that can quickly turn into disaster both personally & sway outcome of game.

pec0sb0b 07-10-2012 05:34 PM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Jacoby Jones’ drops a concern in Baltimore

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-baltimore/

Quote:

Two months after free agent receiver Jacoby Jones signed with the Ravens, there are some concerns about his hands.

Dropped passes and fumbles were a problem for Jones in Houston, and were one of the reasons the Texans decided to draft two wide receivers and then cut Jones after the draft. Now the Ravens’ website says those problems with drops haven’t gone away for Jones: There were issues with Jones dropping passes during the Ravens’ offseason practices.

Jones has undeniable talent and good speed, but if you can’t hold onto the ball it doesn’t matter how much speed you have, you’re not going to be effective as a receiver and a return man, which is what the Ravens signed Jones to be.

If Jones could hang onto the ball consistently, he could become a very effective third receiver behind Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith. If he can’t hang onto the ball consistently, his two-year, $7 million contract will be a mistake.

TEXANRED 07-10-2012 05:40 PM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perki-Perk (Post 1978435)
Reporters would have had a field day if this was Michael Jackson...lol

Michael Jackson around any small boy would have been news.

GP 07-10-2012 06:16 PM

Re: 2 LOL's
 
This might mark the decline of the Ravens. Every team who is known to be really good at player acquisition--and the Ravens are tagged as such--finds a way to unravel and lose sight of what made them great.

I am wondering if this is the first plunge into the Nestea pool of "mediocrity" by the Ravens. Once you start drinking your own Kool Aid, you can slip up and take it too easy. I even think the Steelers are on the verge of this same thing too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger