Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92799)

Rush23 06-24-2012 09:37 AM

Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Got a big list here of fantasy football team names, what is your team name going to be this year?

http://www.chicitysports.com/2012/06...ames-for-2012/

Dutchrudder 06-24-2012 04:45 PM

That list in the link was OK. Some I have heard years ago.

Names I'm considering:

Sponge Worthy
The Jerk Store
Tim Tebow Touches the Children
Watts Up Bitches?
SECSECSECSECSECSECSEC (for aggies)
Arian's Foster Kids
We're Having a FIRE! ...sale
Aperture Science

If I ever have an injury plagued team, I'll change the name to "Every Given Sunday"

powda 06-28-2012 02:44 AM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Great thread topic.

I try to pick the most offensive team names possible. Im not going to be saying my own team's name in general but the people I work with will be. Best case scenerio, a boss or easily offended young lady will hear them say it.

:bubbles:

Dutchrudder 06-28-2012 12:58 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by powda (Post 1973659)
Great thread topic.

I try to pick the most offensive team names possible. Im not going to be saying my own team's name in general but the people I work with will be. Best case scenerio, a boss or easily offended young lady will hear them say it.

:bubbles:

Well you're a cop, so you could go with a name like "Police Brutality" or "Respect Mah Athoritah" and get a picture of Cartman in his police uniform. How about "The Departed" or "Bengals Personnel Parole Officer"?

bigbrewster2000 06-28-2012 01:33 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Cromartie's Kids was my team name last year. Not sure what I will go with this year. I was thinking something to do with Tebow but that will be too overdone.

Seņor Stan 06-28-2012 01:36 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
I had Cam Newton on my roster last year. Team name was the 36ers.

powda 06-28-2012 01:41 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1973941)
Well you're a cop, so you could go with a name like "Police Brutality" or "Respect Mah Athoritah" and get a picture of Cartman in his police uniform. How about "The Departed" or "Bengals Personnel Parole Officer"?

I like some of those suggestions and they're all better then the dull generic team names the guys in my league will pick.

Im curious about how many of the leagues you guys play in have a trophy. If so, what is the etiquette invollved? Same trophy every winner gets and adds something to etc...?

Dutchrudder 06-28-2012 02:34 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by powda (Post 1973978)
I like some of those suggestions and they're all better then the dull generic team names the guys in my league will pick.

Im curious about how many of the leagues you guys play in have a trophy. If so, what is the etiquette invollved? Same trophy every winner gets and adds something to etc...?

Thought of another good one, Hot Fuzz! Love that movie...

I run a league that has a big football trophy that has 24 spots for plaques. It cost $135, but it's an investment because it will last 24 years. The trophy is huge, and the winner gets to keep it all year until a new winner is decided. Each year it only costs about $7 to get a new plaque with the new winner's name. I'll upload a pic of it here:


powda 06-28-2012 02:50 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Outstanding!

And the beer in the pics doesn't look bad either.

NCTexan 06-28-2012 03:50 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Right now in my early league I'm rolling with Ring Around the Posey.

michaelm 06-28-2012 05:00 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by powda (Post 1973659)
Great thread topic.

I try to pick the most offensive team names possible. Im not going to be saying my own team's name in general but the people I work with will be. Best case scenerio, a boss or easily offended young lady will hear them say it.

:bubbles:

I always thought Off In The End Zone was a funny name.
That way, if you lose to a team, you have the pleasure of imagining them telling people he beat off in the end zone this week.

Speedy 06-28-2012 06:36 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1974033)
Thought of another good one, Hot Fuzz! Love that movie...

I run a league that has a big football trophy that has 24 spots for plaques. It cost $135, but it's an investment because it will last 24 years. The trophy is huge, and the winner gets to keep it all year until a new winner is decided. Each year it only costs about $7 to get a new plaque with the new winner's name. I'll upload a pic of it here:


That's pretty sweet! Got any openings?

HoustonFrog 06-29-2012 06:35 AM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
This has been my team name and logo for years

Cleveland Steamers

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8229/awclesteamers.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We also, in one of my leagues, have a giant trophy. I've had it twice now displayed in my office. Love it!

Dutchrudder 06-29-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 1974179)
That's pretty sweet! Got any openings?

I do have two at the moment, but I know everyone in the league personally, so I will try to keep it that way. We do an in-person draft each year and this year I'm shooting to have it at either Saint Arnold's, Karbach or Buffalo Bayou brewery. It just depends on everyones schedule.

dc_txtech 06-29-2012 11:03 AM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
I like to incorporate my last name into my team name. Some examples:

Pandoras Cox
Coxmeat Sandwich
School of Hard Cox
The Chicago White Cox

We do a live draft every year and have a trophy much like Dutch's. Unfortunately I cant post pics because it's at some other jerk faces house right now.

Blake 06-29-2012 12:58 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
I just came up with, and used, JJ WATTS in a name?

powda 06-30-2012 12:35 AM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
Arian Foster's Australian for beer?

nero THE zero 07-16-2012 03:04 PM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
My team names last year were Discount Double Check (team with Aaron Rogers) and Johnson & Johnson (team with Andre and Calvin).

I like to base my team names off my roster.

I'm toying with this one for this year, so far as it's not too long: Lestar at Night is Big & Bright

AnthonyE 07-21-2012 02:27 AM

Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012
 
I'm usually in two leagues. Every year, my team in league A is called Globogym Purple Cobras. In league B, last year my team was called VY's DREAM TEAM.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger