Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Percy Harvin (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92734)

steelbtexan 06-20-2012 09:18 AM

Percy Harvin

He's asking to be traded according to PFT.

Would you trade for him an what would you be willing to give up for him.

I would give up next yrs #1 for him.

Picking 32nd you will not find a player as good as Harvin at that spot. Harvin would solve the WR/KR/PR problems. The Texans would have to clear cap room. But Harvin is worth it. IMHO

HOU-TEX 06-20-2012 09:21 AM

Re: Percy Harvin

Dude's as about as injury prone as it gets. Unless it's a 3rd day pick we're trading....heck no

TEXANRED 06-20-2012 09:21 AM

Hell yeah! Harvin is a complete player. Never going to happen though.

Marcus 06-20-2012 09:22 AM

Picking 32nd, ay?

LOL You're pretty confident today.;)

chicagotexan2 06-20-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 1970601)
Dude's as about as injury prone as it gets. Unless it's a 3rd day pick we're trading....heck no

Right here. Yes he's explosive, but he's also injury prone and too many concussions so unless it's a trade for a lower pick no thanks..

NCTexan 06-20-2012 09:24 AM

If they trade him it'll be after this season, not before. Just doesn't make sense to trade him away with 2 years left on the cheap and no other strong recieving option.

Rey 06-20-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 1970601)

Since his rookie season he's only completely missed 3 games...

TheGoldenGreek 06-20-2012 09:28 AM

I'd love to trade for him. I don't think the Vikings will though. There's no rule saying you have to trade a player that requests a trade.

Carr Bombed 06-20-2012 09:29 AM

Two statements...

No and HELL NO.

Sorry, but the last thing we need is a injury prone team cancer, I'd rather roll with the unproven young talent that we have... and he isn't a complete player either.

blanco2424 06-20-2012 09:39 AM

This guy has a history of problems from college to the NFL. No way would Smith get a guy with this kind of history. Injury prone yes, but the major problem is he wants a new contract that we can't give.

HTown2ATX 06-20-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 1970613)
Two statements...

No and HELL NO.

Sorry, but the last thing we need is a injury prone team cancer, I'd rather roll with the unproven young talent that we have... and he isn't a complete player either.

Hasn't he missed less time than Andre (not at all knocking on 'Dre) and when has he been a "cancer"? Has he pulled some TO antics or something? I don't remember hearing that. He's not squeaky clean *gasp* but still, if the price is right, I would want to look into it.

aussie_texan 06-20-2012 09:46 AM

I would trade a 2nd for him. Considering we will have numerous compensatory picks next year. I wouldnt give up a first for a 2nd wr as his never gonna be that 6.2ft 220lbs no1 wideout.

Rey 06-20-2012 09:50 AM

I can understand the injury prone thing since he has had some injury issues (even though he's only completely missed three games in his career), but where is this team cancer stuff and problem guy coming from?

Texan_Bill 06-20-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTown2ATX (Post 1970625)
Hasn't he missed less time than Andre (not at all knocking on 'Dre) and when has he been a "cancer"? Has he pulled some TO antics or something? I don't remember hearing that. He's not squeaky clean *gasp* but still, if the price is right, I would want to look into it.

It's not about how much time he's missed. With Harvin, if it's not his ribs it's his shoulder. If not his shoulder, it's the migrane headaches and so forth. In short, it's always something with him.

Thats what people refer to when calling him injury prone.

drunkcookie 06-20-2012 10:00 AM

Wow...it's amazing how a player who has missed a total of three games in his three year career can be considered "injury prone", esspecially seeing how one of those games was due to a migraine headache, not an "injury".. if anything he may be "migraine prone"...

Do people just regurgitate everything they hear without verifying its validity?

drunkcookie 06-20-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1970632)
It's not about how much time he's missed. With Harvin, if it's not his ribs it's his shoulder. If not his shoulder, it's the migrane headaches and so forth. In short, it's always something with him.

Thats what people refer to when calling him injury prone.

You just described every player in the NFL...mario williams, brian cushing, arian foster, matt schaub (who was already banged up before going out), TJ Yates...AJ... Every player...

Harvin being injury prone is a myth...he's an NFL player, never 100% healthy...

As for the Texans trading for him? I'm not all for that...

steelbtexan 06-20-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1970610)
Since his rookie season he's only completely missed 3 games...

Dont let the facts get in the way of posters 1st impressions. Just another case of people talking out of their A**es.

BTW, Harvin has issues with migranes, not concussions. Migranes are why Harvin smokes pot. Pot gives him relief from them. He would be the most dynamic WR2 in Texans history. On 2nd thought, no the Texans couldn't use a guy like that.

beerlover 06-20-2012 10:08 AM

Trindon Holliday shined in OTA's, not saying he is Percy but could offer substantially more bang for the buck without giving up anything but a roster spot :barman:

steelbtexan 06-20-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 1970613)
Two statements...

No and HELL NO.

Where did you get this info?

Harvin may mot be a complete player. (If he was he wouldn't be available in trade. If he is available.) However he would be the best WR2/PR/KR in team history. There is this other little thingy. (He scores alot of TD's on a bad offense)

ATXtexanfan 06-20-2012 10:16 AM

no thanks