Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91976)

CretorFrigg 05-08-2012 06:19 PM

Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

Of course. He was the Baltimore MVP in the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...r-jacoby-jones

TexanSam 05-08-2012 06:20 PM

Re: Jacoby Jones Signs With Baltimore

:facepalm:

Dutchrudder 05-08-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Jones, 27, reached a two-year, $7 million deal with the Ravens on Tuesday, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Hahahhahahahaaha! Can't wait to play them now...

Texecutioner 05-08-2012 06:25 PM

Well Baltimore just got worse.

GP 05-08-2012 06:26 PM

$3.5 million per year????

LMAO!

Wow. LOL. I love it when people think they can make three-day leftover scraps taste like gourmet food. Pretty dumb move, Ravens.

And that he signed with the team how baited him into coughing up the football in the playoff game just makes it all the more awesome.

Nawzer 05-08-2012 06:29 PM

Holy hell! $7 million for Jacoby! I wonder how much of that is guaranteed. Not more than $10.00 I bet.

GP 05-08-2012 06:34 PM

Somewhere on a phone in Baltimore, early 2012:

"Jacoby, look man...just muff a punt in the game...we don't care when or where...just muff one....and we'll sign you when Houston cuts you." :secret:

BAM! Fumble.

Flash forward to mid-2012, somewhere in Baltimore:

"Ready to sign your deal? Welcome aboard!"

:tinfoil:

TexanSam 05-08-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawzer (Post 1952792)
Holy hell! $7 million for Jacoby! I wonder how much of that is guaranteed. Not more than $10.00 I bet.

I heard it was $50 but most of it fell from his hands.

Vinny 05-08-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawzer (Post 1952792)

just the signing bonus I'd think. I bet it wasn't all that big and his big salary may end up making him a camp cut if he doesn't come in play well right off the bat.

Nawzer 05-08-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 1952795)
just the signing bonus I'd think. I bet it wasn't all that big and his big salary may end up making him a camp cut if he doesn't come in play well right off the bat.

I actually hope he makes the team so that I can watch what Ray Lewis does to him when he screws up.

Fili 05-08-2012 06:51 PM

Then he puts up a 1600 yard season... Another Metta World Peace case.

silentassassin 05-08-2012 06:52 PM

I think this is going to get to his feeble mind. Leach, pollard and he can all get together and talk and be mad about how, "That's OK, they didn't want us anyway." and try to find ways to take shots when it comes time to face them in the regular season.

And then he'll drop balls.

TexanSam 05-08-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentassassin (Post 1952807)
I think this is going to get to his feeble mind. Leach, pollard and he can all get together and talk and be mad about how, "That's OK, they didn't want us anyway." and try to find ways to take shots when it comes time to face them in the regular season.

And then he'll drop balls.

Oh well. Of those three, only one is a good football player.

Dutchrudder 05-08-2012 07:03 PM

The Ravens just gave Pollard a 3 year extension too. Houston East?

DBCooper 05-08-2012 07:12 PM

That is so funny!

When does(did) he start?

Rey 05-08-2012 07:24 PM

Thats a good place for him to wind up.

I think he'll do well there as a third/fourth option.

TdotTexas2Step 05-08-2012 07:25 PM

They definitely overpaid, but Baltimore has their reasons for picking him up.

The Ravens front office know we've positioned ourselves to be an AFC powerhouse, and if you want to get out of the AFC next season, you'll probably have to get through Houston to do so.

Jones' familiarity with our offensive system - he did spend a good number of years here - will be helpful to them. And as for on the field production, Baltimore won't force feed him to their fanbase or try to groom him into the #2 spot. He messes up, they cut him, there won't be a Kubiak there to hold his hand.

BullBlitz 05-08-2012 07:28 PM

Congratulations Jacoby. Hopefully you've landed with a team with which you will be appreciated. Give some high five's to Leach and Pollard, and I'll be pulling for you on October 21st!

thunderkyss 05-08-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step (Post 1952835)
They definitely overpaid, but Baltimore has their reasons for picking him up.

The Ravens front office know we've positioned ourselves to be an AFC powerhouse, and if you want to get out of the AFC next season, you'll probably have to get through Houston to do so.

Jones' familiarity with our offensive system - he did spend a good number of years here - will be helpful to them. And as for on the field production, Baltimore won't force feed him to their fanbase or try to groom him into the #2 spot. He messes up, they cut him, there won't be a Kubiak there to hold his hand.

Seriously doubt Jj has any more insight to our offense than the rest of the league who studies our team in preperation for game day.

I thought Jacoby was being paid too much last year, but now that Ozzy basically gave him the same deal, I may have to lay off the Rick Smith amateur talk.

However, we do know Jacoby isn't going to Baltimore to be a #1 or a #2, not with Torry Smith & Anquan Bolden there. He'll probably be their #3, which is basically what that contract says.

I'll predict he'll easily out produce his best years in Houston as a WR, with that big arm QB & all.

thunderkyss 05-08-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullBlitz (Post 1952836)
Congratulations Jacoby. Hopefully you've landed with a team with which you will be appreciated. Give some high five's to Leach and Pollard, and I'll be pulling for you on October 21st!

Hmm... got me tinking, what does Baltimore know that we don't? They're becoming Houston North.