Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Casserly on NFLN (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91651)

The Pencil Neck 04-26-2012 12:51 PM

Casserly on NFLN
 
Casserly had been pushing Randle to us. But in a mock I just saw, he had Riley Reiff falling to us.

That's not even possible is it? Getting Reiff would be kind of amazing.

Playoffs 04-26-2012 12:59 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Most mocks have Reiff off the board at 10/13/18/23

powda 04-26-2012 01:00 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
I have seen another mock or 2 like that (Cosell?) but its extremely doubtfull. Maybe something we dont know about Reiff?-----But since Casserly said it, I find it even more unlikely. That man single handedly squandered a lot of great opportunities for this team. Imagine if we had a compotent GM with all those draft picks he wasted...

Dutchrudder 04-26-2012 01:01 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
I would rather have Martin than Rieff, but either one will do at RT.

mussop 04-26-2012 04:21 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1942483)
I would rather have Martin than Rieff, but either one will do at RT.

Cordy Glenn Georgia is getting talk now.

Dutchrudder 04-26-2012 04:39 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 1942663)
Cordy Glenn Georgia is getting talk now.

I don't think he fits Kubiak's trends. He's too big for a Kubiak pick. Rieff and Martin are both 6'5 315, which would seem to fit right in the line. Duane Brown is 6'4 320, Winston was 6'7 315, and Derek Newton is 6'5 310ish. Glenn is 6'5 345 pounds. Kinda big compared to past picks.

mussop 04-26-2012 04:43 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by powda (Post 1942482)
I have seen another mock or 2 like that (Cosell?) but its extremely doubtfull. Maybe something we dont know about Reiff?-----But since Casserly said it, I find it even more unlikely. That man single handedly squandered a lot of great opportunities for this team. Imagine if we had a compotent GM with all those draft picks he wasted...

Not really!
There are 6 elite players.
Andrew Luck QB Stanford
*Robert Griffin QB Baylor
*Matt Kalil OT Southern California
*Trent Richardson RB Alabama (X)
*Morris Claiborne CB LSU
*Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State

10 Second tier players that have very little chance of making it past the top 16
Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M (X)
Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi State
Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College
Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame (O)
Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina (OLB)
David DeCastro OG Stanford
Mark Barron SS Alabama (X)
Donta' Hightower LB Alabama (OLB)
Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama (O)

Then you have 13 other players that all grade out about the same to go in the next 9 spots.

Michael Brockers DT LSU
Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
Dontari Poe NT Memphis
Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
Riley Reiff OT Iowa
Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois
Nick Perry DE Southern California (OLB)
Andre Branch DE Clemson
Shea McClellin LB Boise State
Kendall Wright WR Baylor
Cordy Glenn G/T Georgia
Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State
Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama (O)

That leaves 4 of those players to be available at 26 and that is not counting surprise picks that happen every year. It's not as doubtful as you think.

Playoffs 04-26-2012 04:46 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Texans First Round Draft Value Chart

:logo:

Offense
Higher Priority: WR: Michael Floyd/OT:Jonathan Martin, Cordy Glenn

Defense
Higher Priority: DE: Chandler Jones/OLB: Shea McClellin, Courtney Upshaw, Whitney Mercilus, Nick Perry/ILB: Dont'a Hightower

.

mussop 04-26-2012 04:47 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1942674)
I don't think he fits Kubiak's trends. He's too big for a Kubiak pick. Rieff and Martin are both 6'5 315, which would seem to fit right in the line. Duane Brown is 6'4 320, Winston was 6'7 315, and Derek Newton is 6'5 310ish. Glenn is 6'5 345 pounds. Kinda big compared to past picks.

I agree but I have heard his name twice today for the Texans. You never know. Remember Charles Spencer Height: 6-4 Weight: 337?

mussop 04-26-2012 05:00 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Texans First Round Draft Value Chart

:logo:

Offense

OL
David DeCastro
Riley Reiff
Cordy Glenn
Jonathan Martin
Amini Silatou

TE
Coby Fleener

Defense


DT
Jerel Worthy
Brandon Thompson


LB
Whitney Mercilus
Donta' Hightower
Shea McClellin
Andre Branch



OR any of the higher rated players that may fall.

mussop 04-26-2012 07:46 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 1942681)
Not really!
There are 6 elite players.
Andrew Luck QB Stanford
*Robert Griffin QB Baylor
*Matt Kalil OT Southern California
*Trent Richardson RB Alabama (X)
*Morris Claiborne CB LSU
*Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State

10 Second tier players that have very little chance of making it past the top 16
Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M (X)
Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi State
Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College
Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame (O)
Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina (OLB)
David DeCastro OG Stanford
Mark Barron SS Alabama (X)
Donta' Hightower LB Alabama (OLB)
Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama (O)

Then you have 13 other players that all grade out about the same to go in the next 9 spots.

Michael Brockers DT LSU
Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
Dontari Poe NT Memphis
Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
Riley Reiff OT Iowa
Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois
Nick Perry DE Southern California (OLB)
Andre Branch DE Clemson
Shea McClellin LB Boise State
Kendall Wright WR Baylor
Cordy Glenn G/T Georgia
Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State
Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama (O)

That leaves 4 of those players to be available at 26 and that is not counting surprise picks that happen every year. It's not as doubtful as you think.

Well there go my top 6 and now Barron. So far so good.

Dutchrudder 04-26-2012 10:50 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 1942686)
I agree but I have heard his name twice today for the Texans. You never know. Remember Charles Spencer Height: 6-4 Weight: 337?

Yeah, and remember what happened to him? :kitten:

mussop 04-26-2012 11:00 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1943616)
Yeah, and remember what happened to him? :kitten:

Yeh a ****ty RB ran into the back of his leg and ruined his promising career. :kubepalm:

Dutchrudder 04-26-2012 11:02 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 1943637)
Yeh a ****ty RB ran into the back of his leg and ruined his promising career. :kubepalm:

I keed I keeeeeeeeeed...

mussop 04-26-2012 11:19 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1943643)
I keed I keeeeeeeeeed...

I know. Was just sayin! :bender:

The Kube palm wasn't aimed at you but at that whole situation.

SW H-TOWN 04-27-2012 02:50 AM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
That is why you don't play fat running backs :) My question is do we sit back and let other teams reach and push a tackle down to us or do we pull the trigger and get Glenn/Martin? I think we will wait and see who falls to us. Some teams did some serious reaching in the first, hopefully this trend continues.

Dutchrudder 04-27-2012 09:16 AM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN (Post 1943742)
That is why you don't play fat running backs :) My question is do we sit back and let other teams reach and push a tackle down to us or do we pull the trigger and get Glenn/Martin? I think we will wait and see who falls to us. Some teams did some serious reaching in the first, hopefully this trend continues.

I think the Texans will wait and see how the tackles are doing. Hopefully Schwartz will have several ahead of him at our 2nd pick so that we can wait on him until our 3rd. Grab a WR in the 2nd, OT in the 3rd, and we should be on our way to an excellent draft.

bckey 04-27-2012 03:29 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
I'm watching 2012 NFL Draft Kickoff on nfl network and a little while ago Casserly had a list of players from the 2011 draft 1st round called "2011 rookies in 2012 top 100". Here is his list:

QB Cam Newton
LB Von Miller
WR AJ Green
WR Julio Jones
DE JJ Watt
CB Patrick Peterson
LB Aldon Smith
DT Marcel Darius

Kurt Warner is the first one to chime in and says he is not sure JJ Watt should be on the list because he is a "tweener" and made some plays in the playoffs. He acts like that is the only time Watt did anything. He also dodn't like Darius but Jamie Dukes jumped in and said Darius deserves it.

It is starting to sound like Warner is arrogant and will comment on players he knows little about. It wasn't too long ago he said Eli Manning hasn't done enough to desrve entry into the hall of fame but of course he himself has.

Ryan 04-27-2012 04:52 PM

Re: Casserly on NFLN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bckey (Post 1944257)
I'm watching 2012 NFL Draft Kickoff on nfl network and a little while ago Casserly had a list of players from the 2011 draft 1st round called "2011 rookies in 2012 top 100". Here is his list:

QB Cam Newton
LB Von Miller
WR AJ Green
WR Julio Jones
DE JJ Watt
CB Patrick Peterson
LB Aldon Smith
DT Marcel Darius

Kurt Warner is the first one to chime in and says he is not sure JJ Watt should be on the list because he is a "tweener" and made some plays in the playoffs. He acts like that is the only time Watt did anything. He also dodn't like Darius but Jamie Dukes jumped in and said Darius deserves it.

It is starting to sound like Warner is arrogant and will comment on players he knows little about. It wasn't too long ago he said Eli Manning hasn't done enough to desrve entry into the hall of fame but of course he himself has.


Kurt Warner is arguably the worst analyst on NFL Network. I used to think that belonged to Jamie Dukes but even he makes valid points from time to time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger