Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91613)

srrono 04-25-2012 11:23 AM

2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
@JayGlazer: 2 more players who have flunked drug tests: ASU LB Vontaze Burfict and Va Tech CB JayRon Hosley

Playoffs 04-25-2012 11:44 AM

Re: 2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
Hosley hurts a bit, he's a good CB prospect.

Burfict was already an UDFA.

The1ApplePie 04-25-2012 12:17 PM

Re: 2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
I was all for the Texans or Cowboys taking Burfict in the 7th on the remote chance that he would get his head out of his ass. Maybe he could be a special teamer.

Now?

Nope. Nothing against weed, but to fail a drug test you know is coming is just moronic.

Rey 04-25-2012 12:32 PM

I think this was the last straw for burfict. I think he'll go undrafted and hell be fortunate to get a Udfa invite.

badboy 04-25-2012 12:35 PM

Re: 2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1941738)
I think this was the last straw for burfict. I think he'll go undrafted and hell be fortunate to get a Udfa invite.

Nah, someone will think they can turn him around.

SW H-TOWN 04-25-2012 01:44 PM

Re: 2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The1ApplePie (Post 1941732)
I was all for the Texans or Cowboys taking Burfict in the 7th on the remote chance that he would get his head out of his ass. Maybe he could be a special teamer.

Now?

Nope. Nothing against weed, but to fail a drug test you know is coming is just moronic.

Weed, no way!!! Given his (Burfict) epic combine performance it is a given he got busted stacking roids :bender:

Rey 04-25-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 1941740)
Nah, someone will think they can turn him around.

I would agree if he didn't have so many other red flags.

He already was being picked apart for not being disciplined in his assignments and technique.

Then he had concerns about not keeping his cool on the field and I think maybe off the field?

Then he had concerns about his stamina.

Then the piss poor workout performances.

And now this.

I think he'll easily go undrafted and won't get many calls to come into camp. That's a shame really because he has so much potential.

TimeKiller 04-25-2012 02:11 PM

Re: 2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
I've never seen a guy go from a probable top of the 1st round pick to UDFA with little chance of getting a call. Burfict is a perfect example of how to blow it.

The1ApplePie 04-25-2012 02:14 PM

Re: 2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1941794)
I would agree if he didn't have so many other red flags.

He already was being picked apart for not being disciplined in his assignments and technique.

Then he had concerns about not keeping his cool on the field and I think maybe off the field?

Then he had concerns about his stamina.

Then the piss poor workout performances.

And now this.

I think he'll easily go undrafted and won't get many calls to come into camp. That's a shame really because he has so much potential.

I believe there are concerns about his sanity as well.:wadepalm:

At the end of the day, he's an overhyped high school kid that made highlight tapes with big hits. Could be a good kick cover and punt team guy... maybe

badboy 04-25-2012 06:17 PM

Re: 2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1941794)
I would agree if he didn't have so many other red flags.

He already was being picked apart for not being disciplined in his assignments and technique.

Then he had concerns about not keeping his cool on the field and I think maybe off the field?

Then he had concerns about his stamina.

Then the piss poor workout performances.

And now this.

I think he'll easily go undrafted and won't get many calls to come into camp. That's a shame really because he has so much potential.

This was a guy that I was disappointed to be correct on. I argued against him in recent mocks due to his lack of discipline & was unaware of any drug/steroid issues. He played hard and tackled harder but too often made stupid plays that cost his team. I can't have that on a team. Then he screwed up his tryouts.

VTexan 04-25-2012 07:17 PM

Re: 2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
Hosley is overrated in my opinion. Had a setback year and was constantly picked on.

Lucky 04-25-2012 07:18 PM

Re: 2 more prospects fail drug test Burfict & Hosley
 
I doubt these guys were ever on the Texans radar, anyway. No biggie.

Burfict is just a complete flame out. I've never seen a prospect self destruct in such a fashion during the predraft season. Crazy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger