Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91561)

Texans_Chick 04-24-2012 09:10 AM

Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Wade on his Twitter account is asking fans to help financially support an opera that is inspired by the life of Bum Phillips.

The Luv Ya Blue era, I suppose, is both a triumph and tragedy of operatic proportions.

They need to raise a little over $5000 by 4/29. They are 50% funded for the first part of the project. I will personally be embarrassed if we can't raise that much money from the 4th largest city and surrounds to honor someone we love so much.

I wrote about it here. "No word if there would be casting of Bud Adams in this opera. Most of the best operas have some sort of devil character."

But the best link to go to is the direct site.

You can donate any amount. It is like a Kickstarter project...you donate any amount from $1 to whatever. If they fund the project by the date, they charge you. If they don't, you get your money back. The way that the site processes payments is through the Amazon merchant system. It takes 10 minutes tops to do.

If we all work together, we can make this happen. Do it for Bum. Do it because Wade asked us to. This thing needs to exist.

Just be thankful they aren't doing a Jerry Glanville opera.

Texans_Chick 04-24-2012 01:06 PM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
More info:

They are planning on holding this opera in both Houston and NYC.

Right now there are 22 supporters of this project. 22 people in the entire planet who want to see a opera honoring Bum Phillips.

:wadepalm:

I would be sad if we couldn't get any more supporters than that. The interface to donate to the project only takes a little bit of time.

The Producing Artistic Director of the project, Luke Leonard, is a Cy Creek grad who now lives in NYC. He has met with Bum about the project, and Bum is good with it (his only condition is that it was handled respectfully). Bum sees it as an opportunity to promote the Bum Phillips Charities he works with though his church.

Texan_Bill 04-24-2012 06:54 PM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Steph, thanks for posting. I just recieved my confirmation for my donation.

Texan_Bill 04-24-2012 08:46 PM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
BTW Steph, repped!!!!

Texan_Bill 04-24-2012 09:46 PM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Anybody else have the stones to give up a few bucks for something like this???

If not, Puh Cees!!!

Texans_Chick 04-25-2012 07:54 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1941487)
Anybody else have the stones to give up a few bucks for something like this???

If not, Puh Cees!!!

Thanks Bill!

I'm afraid the timing of this is tough--draft week is a hard week to have a deadline.

I was told that if we get this first part funded, and they get the opera completely put together, that is the point where the theaters are interested in making it a part of their seasons.

Really, it takes hardly any time at all to do the online donation. It is all handled through Amazon payments. And the donation doesn't go through unless they make their funding goal.

What makes this sort of personally annoying to me, but just how it is, if this were a Chuck Noll opera, it could get funded instantly. /old wounds.

Texan_Bill 04-25-2012 08:11 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 1941595)
Thanks Bill!

I'm afraid the timing of this is tough--draft week is a hard week to have a deadline.

I was told that if we get this first part funded, and they get the opera completely put together, that is the point where the theaters are interested in making it a part of their seasons.

Really, it takes hardly any time at all to do the online donation. It is all handled through Amazon payments. And the donation doesn't go through unless they make their funding goal.

What makes this sort of personally annoying to me, but just how it is, if this were a Chuck Noll opera, it could get funded instantly. /old wounds.

With salt generously poured on them... OUCH!!

I'm not sure why draft week would have an affect with regards to people's supposed professed love for Bum. It would really be ashame if this doesn't happen.

Texans_Chick 04-25-2012 08:49 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1941602)
With salt generously poured on them... OUCH!!

I'm not sure why draft week would have an affect with regards to people's supposed professed love for Bum. It would really be ashame if this doesn't happen.

Draft week makes it hard to get traditional NFL journos to write about funding this. Because they are otherwise busy. It would be great if some big money underwriter would see this and make it happen, but people are busy with their lives.

I was able to get my little article on the front page of Chron and I tweeted this out. But there's a difference between someone going "Hey, that's cool that someone would make an opera about Bum that Bum supports" then taking 10 minutes to give some stranger your money to make it happen.

Just seems to me that there has to be more than 26 people on the planet who would like even the idea of this, whether they actually like opera.

Texan_Bill 04-25-2012 08:46 PM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Yeah but seriously Steph @StephStradley (on twitter) people like Jabba McClain couldn't work something in about this? He claims to love the 'ol "Luv Ya Blue" days

Texans_Chick 04-25-2012 08:51 PM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1942054)
Yeah but seriously Steph @StephStradley (on twitter) people like Jabba McClain couldn't work something in about this? He claims to love the 'ol "Luv Ya Blue" days

John has always been nice to me. He doesn't follow me on Twitter and typically doesn't interact with many people on Twitter.

He may be available to write about this down the road, but in the short term, he is otherwise occupied.

I'm trying my best. But truly getting the word out is different then getting people to throw down money on something this weird and wonderful.

Texan_Bill 04-25-2012 10:20 PM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 1942056)
John has always been nice to me. He doesn't follow me on Twitter and typically doesn't interact with many people on Twitter.

He may be available to write about this down the road, but in the short term, he is otherwise occupied.

I'm trying my best. But truly getting the word out is different then getting people to throw down money on something this weird and wonderful.

Sorry Steph.... McClain is worried about his Titans and his movie career. How did his supposed 'cameo' in "Cook County" do again???? HEY, John McClain... Use your misguided followership towards this tremendous project, irrespective of "draft week"..... MAN-UP for a change!!!!!!

Texans_Chick 04-26-2012 11:29 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1942083)
Sorry Steph.... McClain is worried about his Titans and his movie career. How did his supposed 'cameo' in "Cook County" do again???? HEY, John McClain... Use your misguided followership towards this tremendous project, irrespective of "draft week"..... MAN-UP for a change!!!!!!

I'm planning on going to the draft party-- (official one, and the 790 Christian's Tailgate in the Heights one beforehand.)

If people want to donate to this project but don't want to jack with the web interface, give me the jack and I will make sure it gets to the project.

Texan_Bill 04-26-2012 10:11 PM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Really? REALLY????? You people suck!!!

You people to claim to love "Luv Ya Blue" era, and won't participate in this project should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!


"that's three holding calls on one football team in one half of football.... That ain't funny!".....

Signed,

Bum

Texans_Chick 04-27-2012 07:23 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Nah, people don't suck. People have lives.

There are now 36 supporters.

We are running out of time given the way the non-profit fundraising site works.

But a lot of people have told me that they are interested in doing this, they just haven't done it yet.

Here's the link.

2 days left.

65% funded.

$3483 to go.

If we don't make the big $ push today, it may not happen because people don't do much web stuff on the weekend.

The donation/signup process is easy. Takes less than 10 minutes.

Texan_Bill 04-27-2012 07:45 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 1943816)
Nah, people don't suck. People have lives.

There are now 36 supporters.

We are running out of time given the way the non-profit fundraising site works.

But a lot of people have told me that they are interested in doing this, they just haven't done it yet.

Here's the link.

2 days left.

65% funded.

$3483 to go.

If we don't make the big $ push today, it may not happen because people don't do much web stuff on the weekend.

The donation/signup process is easy. Takes less than 10 minutes.

[Bolded] So easy, even a Texan_Bill can do it.

http://www.nachi.org/images08/Caveman.jpg

Texans_Chick 04-27-2012 09:11 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
HAHAHAHA Bill!

It is the Steph and Bill Bum Phillips Opera telethon!!!!!

Since this morning a few more signups. We're at 39!!! Let's make it past 50. I bet if we get past 50, we make our goal.

If we don't make this happen, then Bud Adams and the terrorists win.

NO! This aggression will not stand, man.

Texans_Chick 04-27-2012 11:25 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
40 supporters now.

Fundraising Site for Bum Phillips opera

Please make this happen. If we all contribute, no doubt we make the goal. :fans:

Playoffs 04-27-2012 11:34 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by texans_chick (Post 1944046)
40 supporters now.

41. ;)

Texans_Chick 04-27-2012 11:51 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1944059)
41. ;)

OMG!!!

HUGS!!!!!!!

THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :fans:

Texans_Chick 04-27-2012 11:52 AM

Re: Please support the Bum Phillips opera...yes opera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1944059)
41. ;)

I just repped you.

I meant to say. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger