Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Texans Trade Up BIG (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91325)

Blake 04-13-2012 04:35 PM

Texans Trade Up BIG

I have come to the conclusion that the Texans have 2 choices. Take Nick Perry @ 26, then trade up in the 2nd to snag whichever WR dropped out of the first round, or trade the house for Justin Blackmon.

Texans mimic last years Julio Jones trade up and swap with the St. Louis Rams who have already cashed in from the Washington Redskins.

Rams Get:
2012 Round 1: #26 overall.
2012 Round 2: #58 overall.
2012 Round 4: #121 overall.
2013 Round 1: #XX overall.

Texans Get:
2012 Round 1: #6 overall.

1.6) Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
Blackmon has 3300 yards and 38 touchdowns on 233 catches over the past 2 seasons. Not to mention 2 Biletnikoff trophies. He will excel as WR#2 and fill in at WR#1 if AJ ever gets injured. I have been watching this guy make plays for 2 years and I would not flinch if this deal, or even a little more was made.

Texans still have picks in round 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 this year.

kiwitexansfan 04-13-2012 04:59 PM

Re: Texans Trade Up BIG

Really?

TexCanada 04-13-2012 05:02 PM

We have way too many holes to fill to give up picks IMO

Hardcore Texan 04-13-2012 05:09 PM

No thanks. I love Blackmon, but no way I would do this.

Wolf6151 04-13-2012 05:13 PM

In this scenario I'd stay put and take Nick Perry at #26. Blackmon is the best receiver this year but he's not Julio Jones, who I think is a much better WR, and not worth giving up all those picks.

ChampionTexan 04-13-2012 05:14 PM

I wouldn't have done it for Julio Jones if I were the Falcons, and while Blackmon's the best WR in this year's draft class, I think Jones was and is a better prospect.

IDEXAN 04-13-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 1935784)
I wouldn't have done it for Julio Jones if I were the Falcons

Same here. The only player I'd give up that many high picks for would be a QB.

ckhouston 04-13-2012 05:18 PM

That would be real nice ... except we arent a passing offense.

NitroGSXR 04-13-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake (Post 1935763)
I have come to the conclusion that the Texans have 2 choices. Take Nick Perry @ 26, then trade up in the 2nd to snag whichever WR dropped out of the first round, or trade the house for Justin Blackmon.

Texans mimic last years Julio Jones trade up and swap with the St. Louis Rams who have already cashed in from the Washington Redskins.

Rams Get:

Texans Get:

Blackmon has 3300 yards and 38 touchdowns on 233 catches over the past 2 seasons. Not to mention 2 Biletnikoff trophies. He will excel as WR#2 and fill in at WR#1 if AJ ever gets injured. I have been watching this guy make plays for 2 years and I would not flinch if this deal, or even a little more was made.

Why I outta kick yer azz!! I thought we actually traded up. Lol.

Dutchrudder 04-13-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 1935787)
Same here. The only player I'd give up that many high picks for would be a QB.

Yeah, we should do this, but instead take Tannehill.

:kitten:

Playoffs 04-13-2012 06:06 PM

No. Silly.

Blackmon can't touch Julio Jones or AJ Green.

badboy 04-13-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake (Post 1935763)

Rams Get:

Texans Get:

Absolutely no way nor do I want an OLB in first. We need a starter and a hole filler like Fleener who can play TE and WR. If I were Rams I'd laugh at that offer for #6 as picks too low in each round.

gg no re 04-13-2012 08:22 PM

The title of the thread gave me a heart attack.

Lucky 04-13-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 1935784)
I wouldn't have done it for Julio Jones if I were the Falcons...

While Jones proved to be a very good WR, and should get better, the trade did nothing for the Falcons. They could have taken Torrey Smith (who had similar production) and still be able to get help for their offensive or defensive line in this draft.

Only QBs are worth trading future picks for. And even then, you've got to be sure and a little lucky. No way do the Texans trade their draft for a WR.

Brisco_County 04-13-2012 10:18 PM

I say we trade all those picks for Tannehill, pick up Vince Young, trade Schaub and Andre for RG3, and rotate all three QB's to get a lock on the Big 12 South market.

Or we can take Perry at #26.

Texecutioner 04-13-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1935867)
While Jones proved to be a very good WR, and should get better, the trade did nothing for the Falcons. They could have taken Torrey Smith (who had similar production) and still be able to get help for their offensive or defensive line in this draft.

Only QBs are worth trading future picks for. And even then, you've got to be sure and a little lucky. No way do the Texans trade their draft for a WR.

The Texans aren't aggressive like this any way. You're right that they would never do this for a WR or even a QB for that matter. They're a play it safe organization.

badboy 04-13-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisco_County (Post 1935910)
I say we trade all those picks for Tannehill, pick up Vince Young, trade Schaub and Andre for RG3, and rotate all three QB's to get a lock on the Big 12 South market.

Or we can take Perry at #26.

All right! Uh wait who we gonna throw the ball to? No AJ, OD and Walter will be triple teamed as no one else can catch. We will be a running team for sure but then we will not need a passing QB so I guess 3 will be the Running Man.

beerlover 04-13-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1935867)

While I agree with you that trading for Julio didn't net return expected it's just one year, rookie year in fact. This was a long term deal to ensure Matt Ryan had a premium WR & Roddy White good as he is, like Andre, will naturally decline with age.

Doppelganger 04-13-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 1935928)
While I agree with you that trading for Julio didn't net return expected it's just one year, rookie year in fact. This was a long term deal to ensure Matt Ryan had a premium WR & Roddy White good as he is, like Andre, will naturally decline with age.

But atl gave up way too much. Torey smith was just as good and could have been had at atl's pick.

#6: Cleveland → Atlanta. (D) Cleveland traded this pick to Atlanta for Atlanta's first (27th overall, which later became #26), second (59th) and fourth-rounder (124th) and also Atlanta's first- and fourth-round selections in 2012.

Way too much.

badboy 04-13-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doppelganger (Post 1935934)
But atl gave up way too much. Torey smith was just as good and could have been had at atl's pick.

#6: Cleveland → Atlanta. (D) Cleveland traded this pick to Atlanta for Atlanta's first (27th overall, which later became #26), second (59th) and fourth-rounder (124th) and also Atlanta's first- and fourth-round selections in 2012.

Way too much.

ATL gave up too much for Jones imo but no way will Torey SMith have same career as Julio. Let's give both another two years.