Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   NFL.com disrespects Schaub (sort of) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91030)

pec0sb0b 04-05-2012 08:18 PM

NFL.com disrespects Schaub (sort of)

-from NFL.com
Quarterback rankings: Eli Manning tops list heading into 2012

15) Matt Schaub, Houston Texans: He's always been a big numbers guy, but the past couple years he's played smarter and the Texans have won more. Like Cutler's Bears, if Schaub didn't get hurt, the Texans would've made the trip to Indy in February.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ding-into-2012

Jason Smith writes fantasy and other pith for NFL.com daily.

Vinny 04-05-2012 08:23 PM

Re: NFL.com disrespects Schaub (sort of)

I don't see any lack of respect from that clip....he's talking fantasy football you know.

pec0sb0b 04-05-2012 08:30 PM

I got the impression he wasn't talking fantasy in this article and I took exception to a few that are ranked above our beloved leader:homer:

BattleRedRock 04-05-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pec0sb0b (Post 1932306)
I got the impression he wasn't talking fantasy in this article and I took exception to a few that are ranked above our beloved leader:homer:

I dont think that was fantasy talk either.. but how is Romo a head of schaub?? and to me, the last 2 minutes of the game are the most important to either make a comeback drive to win the game or to secure the victory by playing smart either way.. i know schaub has choked at moments but he also has not had the opportunity to play in the big game like Romo. We dont know maybe with more pressure on the line in a big playoff game moment schaub digs down deep and makes a heroic play. thats yet to be determined but i still dont understand the logic. also Flacco or matt ryan? what have they done? Flacco has arguably the best defense of the decade and has had one of the best running backs in the last 4 or 5 yrs. for several years schaub and dre were our only offense with a horrible defense. so i just dont understand this... maybe other ppl view this differently i dunno

Say Watt 04-05-2012 09:42 PM

Matt Ryan?!? Joe Flacco?!?!? Jay Cutler?!?!?!! All ahead of Schaub? Really?!? Wow...

Can't believe how "low" he has Aaron Rodgers either. And sure Eli has two Super Bowls, but is he really the best QB in the league? This list is pretty bad.

ChampionTexan 04-05-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pec0sb0b (Post 1932306)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BattleRedRock (Post 1932331)
I dont think that was fantasy talk either.. but how is Romo a head of schaub?? and to me, the last 2 minutes of the game are the most important to either make a comeback drive to win the game or to secure the victory by playing smart either way.. i know schaub has choked at moments but he also has not had the opportunity to play in the big game like Romo. We dont know maybe with more pressure on the line in a big playoff game moment schaub digs down deep and makes a heroic play. thats yet to be determined but i still dont understand the logic. also Flacco or matt ryan? what have they done? Flacco has arguably the best defense of the decade and has had one of the best running backs in the last 4 or 5 yrs. for several years schaub and dre were our only offense with a horrible defense. so i just dont understand this... maybe other ppl view this differently i dunno

Jason Smith's title with NFLN is "Fantasy Analyst". That's all he does is fantasy.

TEXANRED 04-05-2012 10:09 PM

I have said for years he is a good to average second tier QB. Schaub is what he is and will never be anything more than what he is.

Brando 04-05-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 1932338)
Jason Smith's title with NFLN is "Fantasy Analyst". That's all he does is fantasy.

While he is a fantasy analyst, I don't believe this article is about "fantasy".

Quote:

So now that we've figured that out, just where does Joe Flacco rank in current quarterback hierarchy? Let's go 1-32 and see where everyone sits. The criteria for the rankings don't factor in age. This is not "Who do you start a team with?" It's simply a measurement of where each QB stands right now, entering the 2012 season.

Playoffs 04-05-2012 10:26 PM

That's fantasy, and Matt drops due to so many Texans run plays.

Schaub is a "second 5" QB: 6th NFL rating, 6th in QBR, 10th by PFF -- which is plenty good enough to take us to the SB.

Brando 04-05-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1932349)
That's fantasy, and Matt drops due to so many Texans run plays.

Schaub is a "second 5" QB: 6th NFL rating, 6th in QBR, 10th by PFF -- which is plenty good enough to take us to the SB.

Read some of his comments and this article is not about FF.

Quote:

4) Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints: If fantasy were reality, Brees would sit atop this list. But it isn't, so he doesn't. Like Brady, too many things outside of his control have kept him from winning more. (Like playing those pesky road playoff games.)

Playoffs 04-05-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 1932351)
Read some of his comments and this article is not about FF.

He's the fantasy analyst.

If it's "reality", then he's the biggest idiot in sportswriting ranking Aaron Rogers as 5th best QB in the league. Not worth reading, like BR.

Dutchrudder 04-05-2012 10:57 PM

I hate it when people blame an entire organization over what one person said. Smith is entitled to his opinion, NFL.com on the other hand employs him.

Brando 04-05-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1932355)
He's the fantasy analyst.

If it's "reality", then he's the biggest idiot in sportswriting ranking Aaron Rogers as 5th best QB in the league. Not worth reading, like BR.

Agreed with Aaron Rodgers being the top rated QB. I would have Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees 1-2 in reality and fantasy.