Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sean Payton suspended one year. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90641)

False Start 03-21-2012 12:50 PM

Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:

adam schefter ‏ @adamschefter

sean payton suspended one year. Mickey loomis 8 game and $500,000 fine. Saints fined $500,000 and a second round pick in 2012 and 2012.
wow!

Texan_Bill 03-21-2012 12:51 PM

Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Oh... Do you think so Doctor?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=98

False Start 03-21-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1923005)

I didnt even read that thread, my bad. :)

Vinny 03-21-2012 12:52 PM

Good, Loomis should have been given the same one year suspension as well. 500K isn't big enough to me either.

Texan_Bill 03-21-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False Start (Post 1923006)
I didnt even read that thread, my bad. :)

No worries cat.... Just ribbing ya!!!

gwallaia 03-21-2012 12:59 PM

I figured the NFL would make an example out of the Saints.

Honoring Earl 34 03-21-2012 01:02 PM

who dat , who dat

Dutchrudder 03-21-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 (Post 1923023)
who dat , who dat

More like, who was dat?

Goodbye Saints, Brees gets another year older, and his time is running out.

El Tejano 03-21-2012 01:17 PM

Wow, this is crazy. One year suspension for the head coach. What about Gregg Williams?

GlassHalfFull 03-21-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 1923053)
Wow, this is crazy. One year suspension for the head coach. What about Gregg Williams?

Gregg Williams is suspended indefinitely, per league source.

Vinny 03-21-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

In addition to announcing discipline on the New Orleans Saints and individual employees for the operation of an illegal bounty program, Commissioner Roger Goodell also instructed all clubs today to certify that no such program exists at any NFL team.
In a memo to NFL clubs, Commissioner Goodell directed the principal owner of every NFL team to meet with the head coach and confirm that the club does not operate a similar pay-for-performance or bounty program and to instruct his coach that no such program is permissible and that if such a program exists, it must be terminated immediately.
Each principal owner and head coach must certify this in writing to the commissioner by March 30.
http://nflcommunications.com/2012/03...rograms-exist/

Double Barrel 03-21-2012 01:30 PM

wow...I don't know if I have ever heard of a year suspension for a head coach.

Flip side: They still have a Lombardi trophy, though. I could live with it if I was a Saints fan.

Not that I'm condoning what occurred by any means...just sayin', that championship trophy is what the game is all about.

This league is bi-polar. I've got DVDs sold by the NFL that celebrate big, brutal hits, most of which would be considered illegal today. I've seen recent documentaries on NFLN about Al Davis ("If you ain't cheating, you aren't trying") and the 'roided up Steelers teams of the '70's.

It's an interesting paradox to see a league celebrate it's brutal past as they try to transform themselves into something nice and softer.

Don't mind me...just a cynic sittin' in the corner plopping out brain droppings without a filter right now...train of thought stuff...

chicagotexan2 03-21-2012 01:34 PM

Damn the commish dropped the hammer big time.

The1ApplePie 03-21-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1923071)

Flip side: They still have a Lombardi trophy, though. I could live with it if I was a Saints fan.
Not that I'm condoning what occurred by any means...just sayin', that championship trophy is what the game is all about.

This league is bi-polar. I've got DVDs sold by the NFL that celebrate big, brutal hits, most of which would be considered illegal today. I've seen recent documentaries on NFLN about Al Davis ("If you ain't cheating, you aren't trying") and the 'roided up Steelers teams of the '70's.

It's an interesting paradox to see a league celebrate it's brutal past as they try to transform themselves into something nice and softer.

Don't mind me...just a cynic sittin' in the corner plopping out brain droppings without a filter right now...train of thought stuff...

No matter what the records say, Reggie still has the big trophy, and USC are National Champ. Vacating anything is a joke.

Glad to see Roger protecting Fantasy Football... I mean the players' safety.

How many games did Belicheat miss again?

Vinny 03-21-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1923071)

ain't the same league as in the 70's. I think it is one thing to have the players have a little pool but when you have management directing your guys to hurt someone, you are totally, totally, totally crossing the line. Your Son plays football...why do you think that this is ok or is it ok that if your son ever played in the NFL you would be ok with team management schemeing to break his leg or put him out of the game with a concussion? Is that what you are saying? You think this game is too soft a game because its not ok to intentionally hurt someone?

Mr teX 03-21-2012 01:49 PM

That boy roger..........he went straight deebo on em'

GlassHalfFull 03-21-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 1923083)
ain't the same league as in the 70's. I think it is one thing to have the players have a little pool but when you have management directing your guys to hurt someone, you are totally, totally, totally crossing the line. Your Son plays football...why do you think that this is ok or is it ok that if your son ever played in the NFL you would be ok with team management schemeing to break his leg or put him out of the game with a concussion? Is that what you are saying? You think this game is too soft a game because its not ok to intentionally hurt someone?

I read DB as saying how the league is bi polar on the issue.

Not that he condones either position, but how the league puts out conflicting messages. Hard for the players to know what is ok or not based on that.

Blake 03-21-2012 01:50 PM

Did not see that coming. Cheating is ok as long as you pay the fine and stop. But a bounty program is grounds for suspension. Got it.

majestrate 03-21-2012 01:51 PM

*facepalm*

Why are you comparing video taping another team to promoting the injury of other players? Apples and oranges

Thorn 03-21-2012 01:52 PM

As a head coach, if you are aware of an active bounty program on your team, and you do not stop it, you should be banned forever from being a head coach again.