Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Cleveland Browns are on the clock (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90324)

Playoffs 03-10-2012 12:22 PM

Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Looks like the top 3 picks in NFL Draft are set, so the Cleveland Browns are on the clock.

1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns:
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6. St. Louis Rams
7.Jacksonville Jaguars
8. Miami Dolphins
9. Carolina Panthers
10. Buffalo Bills

The Browns mess of a franchise just lost a lot of hope with RGIII slipping through their fingers. What would you do in their spot?

How would you fill out the top 10 picks now?

steelbtexan 03-10-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Blackmon

mussop 03-10-2012 01:24 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns:Justin Blackmon
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne
6. St. Louis Rams:Michael Floyd
7.Jacksonville Jaguars:Riley Reiff
8. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill
9. Carolina Panthers:Quinton Coples
10. Buffalo Bills:David DeCastro



I don't pay much attention to other teams needs.

Dutchrudder 03-10-2012 01:47 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Justin Blackmon, no question. Sub 4.48 speed with his frame and hands? Yes please.

thunderkyss 03-10-2012 02:50 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/wp-co...-NFL-Draft.jpg

Blackmon is without a doubt a bad mofo & the Browns would love to have him. But there is only one RB in this draft that "might" be a game changer where WR is deep. They can get Richardson here & maybe Floyd or Wright later in the first.

Ryan 03-10-2012 02:55 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
I think they should take Blackmon for sure, and then consider staying put at 22 and taking Weeden or possibly trading back a couple spots if the age thing is still a huge concern. He would certainly be an upgrade over Colt imo and they are already very comfortable with each other. I don't trust Tannehill and somehow he'll probably already be gone.

WolverineFan 03-10-2012 03:07 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1912974)
http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/wp-co...-NFL-Draft.jpg

Blackmon is without a doubt a bad mofo & the Browns would love to have him. But there is only one RB in this draft that "might" be a game changer where WR is deep. They can get Richardson here & maybe Floyd or Wright later in the first.

I disagree. David Wilson is a game changer and I like Chris Polk as well. Doug Martin is a stud too and Bernard Pierce is a beast.

If I'm Cleveland, I take Blackmon #4, OL at #22, and a RB in the 2nd/3rd.

Lucky 03-10-2012 06:58 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Blackmon would fill a need on the Browns. But, who's getting him the ball? The Browns need to find a QB first. I think they should go hard for Matt Flynn in free agency. If not, trade back (if possible) and take Tannehill. The Browns can't afford being the team without a QB when the music stops.

TimeKiller 03-10-2012 07:37 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1912974)
http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/wp-co...-NFL-Draft.jpg

Blackmon is without a doubt a bad mofo & the Browns would love to have him. But there is only one RB in this draft that "might" be a game changer where WR is deep. They can get Richardson here & maybe Floyd or Wright later in the first.

I disagree as well, Doug Martin has huge potential. Very compact, very strong, extremely quick and agile, can run inside or out, good hands, great college career. Built and runs like Ray Rice/MJD. Personally I would like the Texans to draft him round 1, I think he's BPA over many of the guys being mentioned in the last few picks.

If the Browns went Blackmon 1/Martin 2 I'd think they'd be better off than Richardson/any of the 2nd round WR

mussop 03-10-2012 07:38 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1913071)
Blackmon would fill a need on the Browns. But, who's getting him the ball? The Browns need to find a QB first. I think they should go hard for Matt Flynn in free agency. If not, trade back (if possible) and take Tannehill. The Browns can't afford being the team without a QB when the music stops.

Maybe if they had a line that could keep the QB from getting killed the one they have wouldn't look so bad.

Lucky 03-10-2012 10:24 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 1913084)
Maybe if they had a line that could keep the QB from getting killed the one they have wouldn't look so bad.

The Browns have more talent on the offensive line than they have at QB.

Wolf6151 03-11-2012 12:38 AM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
If I'm the GM for the Browns in this situation I'm trying to trade down. Blackmon is a good player but this seems to be a poor draft at certain positions and if there were more talent in this draft like last years then he doesn't go this high. Richardson is very tempting, they also have a big need at RT but it's a little early for a RT, so by default my pick in Michael Floyd. I like him better than Blackmon.

steelbtexan 03-11-2012 12:52 AM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
I like what Dutch did in the TT mock, he got WR/OT in rd.1 and a real value Mercilus in Rd.2. Martin in Rd. 3 would be the way I would go. If a CB value wasn't there in Rd3. If the CB value was there and I still needed a RB I would trade up using the two 4ths the Browns have to get my RB.

What I wouldn't do is reaching for a QB this yr. I would trade up next yr when Bray/Barkley/Jones will be available.

Dutchrudder 03-11-2012 01:02 AM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 1913179)
I like what Dutch did in the TT mock, he got WR/OT in rd.1 and a real value Mercilus in Rd.2. Martin in Rd. 3 would be the way I would go. If a CB value wasn't there in Rd3. If the CB value was there and I still needed a RB I would trade up using the two 4ths the Browns have to get my RB.

What I wouldn't do is reaching for a QB this yr. I would trade up next yr when Bray/Barkley/Jones will be available.

You mean Doug Martin RB? I'll definitely be targeting a RB in the 3rd or 4th, but it just depends on how things shake out, but he's not my first choice. Our draft group seems to undervalue QBs, RBs and TEs, so it's always nice to grab one of those guys a couple rounds later than when they will actually go. I expect the Browns to re-sign Peyton Hillis, so I'm looking for a change of pace and pass catching RB for them. Also part of the reason I passed on Trent Richardson.

I'd throw out mock drafts for the Browns, but I don't want to tip my hand in the TT mock draft... :D

Brandon420tx 03-11-2012 11:40 AM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
It's actually looking like a RB will be at the top of my board when the Cards finally pick again, I'll be in a little bit of a pickle then Dick (Reference to Dick and Jane, not an insult)

thunderkyss 03-11-2012 12:12 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf6151 (Post 1913175)
If I'm the GM for the Browns in this situation I'm trying to trade down. Blackmon is a good player but this seems to be a poor draft at certain positions and if there were more talent in this draft like last years then he doesn't go this high. Richardson is very tempting, they also have a big need at RT but it's a little early for a RT, so by default my pick in Michael Floyd. I like him better than Blackmon.

This is one of those area's where I think BPA (player of need) should come into play. IF you think there is an OT there that can help your team, even if it's at RT, then you take him.

I'm not saying there is an OT there, I'm just saying if. Even though you think it's too high for a RT, but RT is a big need.. you take the guy. You start him at RT, then decide going forward (next year) if he's better than Thomas.

This does a couple of things for you. If something were to happen to Joe Thomas this year, you've got a stud ready to step in & take his place.

If you think this guy is good enough to take Thomas' spot, you can trade him for more picks, or that franchise QB you're looking for.

Playoffs 03-11-2012 02:53 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
I'm between RB: Trent Richardson/WR: Justin Blackmon for the Brownies at 4.

I think I'd go Blackmon or trade down. Tough call.

Dutchrudder 03-11-2012 03:13 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1913356)
I'm between RB: Trent Richardson/WR: Justin Blackmon for the Brownies at 4.

I think I'd go Blackmon or trade down. Tough call.

Peyton Hillis has little to no value with other teams, so I expect him to re-sign with the Browns. If he does, there's no way they take Trent Richardson at 4, but maybe if they trade down. I just want them to take Blackmon or Floyd, preferably Blackmon. I expect him to be a superstar WR and the best of this class.

steelbtexan 03-11-2012 03:52 PM

Re: Cleveland Browns are on the clock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1913365)
Peyton Hillis has little to no value with other teams, so I expect him to re-sign with the Browns. If he does, there's no way they take Trent Richardson at 4, but maybe if they trade down. I just want them to take Blackmon or Floyd, preferably Blackmon. I expect him to be a superstar WR and the best of this class.

Taking Richardson is a gamble that I doubt the Browns take at #4.

They might take the gamble at #22.

Richardson is coming off knee surgery before his 1st NFL game. That should make him fall 10-15 spots. Is Richardson going to be able to run/go through drills before his draft.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger