Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Myers: "I want to remain a Texan" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90103)

Fili 02-29-2012 06:39 PM

Myers: "I want to remain a Texan"

Quote:

The Texans want Myers back, and the feeling is mutual. On SportsRadio 610 AM on Monday evening, Myers was asked about reports that the Green Bay Packers discussed him with his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

ďNews to me, man,Ē Myers said. ďI donít know what was going on. Iím just like anyone else reading that type of stuff, but it is what it is. In the long run, I want to be here in Houston, so thatís what Iíve been telling everybody when everyone asks me stuff, and thatís what it sums up to be. I want to be here. I want to see things through, and thatís the way it is. So thatís kind of the bottom line of my thinking.Ē
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-f0199adb9c2a

Playoffs 02-29-2012 07:10 PM

Re: Myers: "I want to remain a Texan"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fili (Post 1907258)
Myers: "I want to remain a Texan"

Cool. Prove it. Don't sign with the Cheeseheads or the Senators.

We're a little strapped for cap space ... work with us. http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/bonjour/serremain2.gif

2slik4u 02-29-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1907278)

We're a little strapped for cap space ... work with us. http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/bonjour/serremain2.gif

Exactly. Of course he's going to say that. He's still currently a Texan.

No big shocker here...

Rey 02-29-2012 08:02 PM

I heard the interview and he pretty much said the same thing Mario said...

SAMURAITEXAN 02-29-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1907294)
I heard the interview and he pretty much said the same thing Mario said...

That's how your agents' want your players to say. If they sign with original team, a player able to say "I wanted to stay and glad we came to an agreement". If they don't, " I wanted to stay but things didn't work out but I am looking forward to new opportunity". This way, a player is able to move on without hard feelings to the fans and city player left behind. Win, win situation for agents and players.

Texan_Bill 02-29-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1907278)

/END Thread!! ;)

JimBaker488 02-29-2012 09:28 PM

Mario, Myers, whoever, they all say they want to stay and then they go else where if they can get more money. Why wouldn't they ? Wouldn't you ?

GP 02-29-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN (Post 1907304)
That's how your agents' want your players to say. If they sign with original team, a player able to say "I wanted to stay and glad we came to an agreement". If they don't, " I wanted to stay but things didn't work out but I am looking forward to new opportunity". This way, a player is able to move on without hard feelings to the fans and city player left behind. Win, win situation for agents and players.

Yep. This ^^^^^^

Nawzer 02-29-2012 09:43 PM

If I were in their shoes I would go to the highest bidder. Simple as that.

TexansFanatic 02-29-2012 11:37 PM

I seem to remember Jeff Posey saying the same thing.

He signed with Buffalo at 12:01am the day he was a free agent.

Vinny 03-01-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansFanatic (Post 1907383)
I seem to remember Jeff Posey saying the same thing.

He signed with Buffalo at 12:01am the day he was a free agent.

lol, your memory is still good at yer advanced age!

BigBull17 03-01-2012 09:08 AM

I wish radio stations would just record this generic answer to FA's and replay it everytime a guy's contract is up.

badboy 03-01-2012 04:22 PM

Or he could have just said nothing. I think Myers prefers to remain & will if he gets a decent deal.

Perki-Perk 03-02-2012 12:24 PM

I don't know how much credence you guys will give this, but a woman I go to church with is friends with the Myers family. It is my understanding, that even behind closed doors, Myers is still saying he'd like to stay in Houston and that we were a QB short of a Super Bowl ring last year.

badboy 03-02-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perki-Perk (Post 1908174)
I don't know how much credence you guys will give this, but a woman I go to church with is friends with the Myers family. It is my understanding, that even behind closed doors, Myers is still saying he'd like to stay in Houston and that we were a QB short of a Super Bowl ring last year.

I' d say it's solid info but $ has turned many heads and it is his to go after or turn down.

amazing80 03-02-2012 01:13 PM

A lot of these guys have been here for years and suffered some terrible times, so sticking it out and winning a championship is HUGE to many of these players. I honestly trust Myers and Mario when they say money is not everything. I think I believe Myers more, but Mario has always loved the city and gave so much to the fans and the city and he may feel home here and money is not his motivation....we will see soon

b0ng 03-02-2012 01:53 PM

I can't imagine Myers being so highly coveted by the rest of the NFL that we would not be able to match a contract offer given to him. I mean, most pundits/talking heads/fans of other teams think that the Texan running game is worth way more as a whole, than any parts individually. Things I've heard/read:

1. Foster wouldn't be nearly as dynamic in a non-ZBS scheme
2. Myers and Briesel would both get killed if put into schemes that did not make use of their athleticism
3. Duane Brown is great for a ZBS LT but is only above average in any other scheme.

I don't know, I would hate to lose any one of Myers, Foster, Briesel, but at the same time, is it worth paying those guys a significant portion of the cap when it has been proven that those kinds of players can be had in the mid rounds of the draft? The Texans coaching staff certainly know how to install a ZBS scheme now (Remember when we ran that hybrid ZBS and Power scheme when Sherman was the OC? God what a **** show that was).

Goldensilence 03-02-2012 03:52 PM

Why wouldn't he want to aside from money? Its a system that works very well with his physical tools, they don't ask him to hold the middle of the line one on one and ask him to work in space which he accelerates at.

I think if he wants to continue to be successful at a pro-bowl level if he doesn't stay here he needs to consider a similar system.

False Start 03-02-2012 03:55 PM

I really hope he does remain with the team. I think he's sincere in saying this. What else would you expect him to say though? "I want to remain a Texan, but they better back the Brinks truck up to my house."

TexansFanatic 03-02-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 1907432)
lol, your memory is still good at yer advanced age!

:spit:

Ya bastid!