Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   GB illegally talking to HOU C Myers (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90036)

srrono 02-27-2012 01:09 AM

GB illegally talking to HOU C Myers

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-headlines?r=1

@Rotoworld_FB
Report: Packers flirting with center Myers dlvr.it/1FbRYB

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the Packers discussed free agent C Chris Myers with his representatives "in one of the technically illegal but nonetheless widespread meetings" at the Combine.
The Journal-Sentinel's venerable NFL writer, Bob McGinn, insists nearly every re-signing and free agent signing in March "germinates" from the "supposedly illegal cub-agent meetings in Indy." Pro Football Focus' top-rated 2011 center, Myers makes sense for Green Bay as a replacement for fellow under-sized zone-blocker Scott Wells. It's conceivable that sources leaked the talks to tempt Wells into lowering his reported $7.5 million asking price.

pirbroke 02-27-2012 01:17 AM

Re: GB illegally talking to HOU C Myers

I think they should hand us their first round pick for such a travesty.

Playoffs 02-27-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirbroke (Post 1905824)
I think they should hand us their first round pick for such a travesty.

Or their QB.

Bulls on Parade 02-27-2012 03:51 AM

Didn't Schaub and the Texans beat Rodgers and the Packers the last time they played? I remember the Texans rolling up over 500 yards of total offense at Lambaeu Field. I'm excited that they play in Reliant this season.

brakos82 02-27-2012 04:07 AM

http://g.images.memegenerator.net/in...x/15281846.jpg

infantrycak 02-27-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade (Post 1905841)
Didn't Schaub and the Texans beat Rodgers and the Packers the last time they played? I remember the Texans rolling up over 500 yards of total offense at Lambaeu Field. I'm excited that they play in Reliant this season.

Schaub holds the record for most passing yards by a visiting QB in Lambeau and it was the coldest game played that season. But he is a suck system QB.

TimeKiller 02-27-2012 08:16 AM

Am I the only one that thinks Myers is leaving for "greener" pastures? That was a :money: joke not a packers joke....

If I can find the link I'll post it but when he was traded he didn't sound thrilled about being in Houston, I don't think he wanted to leave Denver. Then we ripped him a new one for the better part of 2 years and now? He's probably gonna get an offer from Oakland (Knapp), probably get one from Shanahan unless they have a C already, Green Bay and let's not forget he's from Miami....

And Houston is up against the salary cap. He might pull a Vonta. Make a probowl then make some scrilla elsewhere.

Rey 02-27-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeKiller (Post 1905864)
Am I the only one that thinks Myers is leaving for "greener" pastures? That was a :money: joke not a packers joke....

If I can find the link I'll post it but when he was traded he didn't sound thrilled about being in Houston, I don't think he wanted to leave Denver. Then we ripped him a new one for the better part of 2 years and now? He's probably gonna get an offer from Oakland (Knapp), probably get one from Shanahan unless they have a C already, Green Bay and let's not forget he's from Miami....

And Houston is up against the salary cap. He might pull a Vonta. Make a probowl then make some scrilla elsewhere.

I think that is a good possibility.

TexanSam 02-27-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeKiller (Post 1905864)

Wouldn't surprise me. We're likely to lose at least one of our top players this offseason (Mario, Myers, or Foster). Good teams find a way to have another guy step up. Hopefully we're able to keep them all, but if not I hope we can find another quality C somewhere.

Mr teX 02-27-2012 09:27 AM

Yeah lance mentioned this morning that supposedly up to 5 teams have been batting their eyes at Briesel too...not good for us.

welsh texan 02-27-2012 09:35 AM

Well if it comes to losing one or both, Konz looks good in the draft and whilst Caldwell wasn't convincing whilst having to start this season just gone I'm sure he'd be a lot better with a full off season of first team reps.

Thats just looking on the bright side, the less optimistic side of me believes we've found the right mix on the O-line and that those players are products of the system as a whole.

I personally don't see them having the same success elsewhere and I really hope the market doesn't price us out of retaining these guys who we've made into what they are. I also see guys taking 2 or 3 years to get to where they need to be in our system (Myers, Briesel, D. Brown) which is a worry to me for the immediate future.

Ahh what the hell. Next man up!...but keep your mitts off our starters!...but next man up!! :lol:

Section516 02-27-2012 09:47 AM

I'd franchise Myers. Yup. said it. Work a deal with Foster, let Mario walk, give Breisel a decent offer.

Dutchrudder 02-27-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 1905878)
Wouldn't surprise me. We're likely to lose at least one of our top players this offseason (Mario, Myers, or Foster). Good teams find a way to have another guy step up. Hopefully we're able to keep them all, but if not I hope we can find another quality C somewhere.

I read yesterday that Washington just re-signed their starting Center for 4 years. So they are likely out of the Myers sweepstakes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-agree-to-deal

Section516 02-27-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1905891)
I read yesterday that Washington just re-signed their starting Center for 4 years. So they are likely out of the Myers sweepstakes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-agree-to-deal

Montgomery
Montgomery played well for the Redskins in 2011, and he moved over to left guard for a while to fill in due to injury. But the Redskins believe they can upgrade on the offensive line, and there's no guarantee Montgomery's the starting center again in 2012. If they find a center they like better in free agency or in the draft, there's a chance Montgomery could move to guard or to a utility linemen position from which he backs up several positions. Left guard Kory Lichtensteiger is also a free agent and recovering from injury.

ThaShark316 02-27-2012 10:30 AM

Losing Chris Myers?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsall.../01/camron.gif

Seņor Stan 02-27-2012 10:33 AM

I am on board with franchising Myers.

Try to extend him after the tag. He is too critical to the running game to let him go.

gary 02-27-2012 10:54 AM

Just who and why would any team do this?

Playoffs 02-27-2012 11:02 AM

We're gonna end up drafting an O-lineman with our first...

Dutchrudder 02-27-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Section516 (Post 1905895)
Montgomery
Montgomery played well for the Redskins in 2011, and he moved over to left guard for a while to fill in due to injury. But the Redskins believe they can upgrade on the offensive line, and there's no guarantee Montgomery's the starting center again in 2012. If they find a center they like better in free agency or in the draft, there's a chance Montgomery could move to guard or to a utility linemen position from which he backs up several positions. Left guard Kory Lichtensteiger is also a free agent and recovering from injury.

Well he started all 16 games for them this year at Center. I don't know why they would go out and sign a Center, hoping Montgomery can move to Guard when there are good free agent guards out there. The Redskins have a ton of money to spend in free agency, they could get Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs if they wanted to and still go after Peyton and Wayne. They should definitely do that instead of going for Myers...

WolverineFan 02-27-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1905907)
We're gonna end up drafting an O-lineman with our first...

Is this a bad thing? Great teams are built with great play in the trenches.

People booed the Watt pick last year and the Brown pick a few years before. Just shows their ignorance when it comes to building a football team.