Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89228)

dream_team 01-21-2012 10:23 AM

Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
An interesting thread on the Colts forum.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/t...o-beat-texans/

Some smart people on there saying the Texans are the most balanced team in the league... and since they're going into rebuilding mode, they should rebuild to be able to beat the Texans. They believe the Texans will run the AFC South for the foreseeable future.

A few guys thinking once Peyton is back, they'll go back to the kings of the AFC South... and the Texans success was a fluke.

One guy even said he's more worried about the Titans than the Texans!?!?

ObsiWan 01-21-2012 10:35 AM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 1887230)
An interesting thread on the Colts forum.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/t...o-beat-texans/

Some smart people on there saying the Texans are the most balanced team in the league... and since they're going into rebuilding mode, they should rebuild to be able to beat the Texans. They believe the Texans will run the AFC South for the foreseeable future.

A few guys thinking once Peyton is back, they'll go back to the kings of the AFC South... and the Texans success was a fluke.

One guy even said he's more worried about the Titans than the Texans!?!?

I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening if I were he...
http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/4a4...cc00163e41dd5b


http://www.texanstalk.com/images/fan...m/closebox.gif

nero THE zero 01-21-2012 10:58 AM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
I know message board guy/blog commenter guy is not the paragon of smart sports fan, but the Colts have a couple of bad apples that very poorly represent their fan base.

EllisUnit 01-21-2012 11:04 AM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
all of they're desperate excuses remind me of ALL OF US a few seasons ago when the texans were stinking it up. How sweet it is to see them as the ones grasping for any fantasy excuse that they are still a better team than us HAHAHA

DBCooper 01-21-2012 11:20 AM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nero THE zero (Post 1887246)
I know message board guy/blog commenter guy is not the paragon of smart sports fan, but the Colts have a couple of bad apples that very poorly represent their fan base.

Good thing we don't have those types on here.

The Cush 01-21-2012 11:49 AM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
The guy over there that is saying Matt Schaub is our weakest link and is injury prone and is more worried about the Titans has the label of "banned" baha! I'm glad there are intelligent Colts fans over there that are calling him out for being an idiot

TexanSam 01-21-2012 12:09 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Oh how the tide has turned. Hopefully they're talking about that for the next decade! Let them know how we felt.

House of Pain 01-21-2012 12:12 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
This completely made my day. I guess it's the little things in life?

Playoffs 01-21-2012 12:19 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by House of Pain (Post 1887299)
This completely made my day. I guess it's the little things in life?

Welcome to the new reality. :D

thunderkyss 01-21-2012 02:40 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 1887230)
An interesting thread on the Colts forum.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/t...o-beat-texans/

Some smart people on there saying the Texans are the most balanced team in the league... and since they're going into rebuilding mode, they should rebuild to be able to beat the Texans. They believe the Texans will run the AFC South for the foreseeable future.

A few guys thinking once Peyton is back, they'll go back to the kings of the AFC South... and the Texans success was a fluke.

One guy even said he's more worried about the Titans than the Texans!?!?

So where do you stand on this?

Me, I think it would be stupid to focus on the Texans. They play us twice a year, they need to worry about beating the other 14 teams on their schedule. Since they change every year, you should focus on building a solid... balanced team like ours.

We can sweep the Colts for the next 10 years, but if we can't win games outside our division, we won't go anywhere.

The Titans went 9-7 with a Friends-of-Munchak..... love-ya-blue staff. I'd be worried about them as well.

We've always underestimated the Titans & the Jags.... rose colored glasses & all. Those teams have generally finished better than the Texans. They'll reclaim their glory soon enough.

I seriously doubt 10 wins will win the AFC South next year.

EllisUnit 01-21-2012 03:49 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1887378)
So where do you stand on this?

Me, I think it would be stupid to focus on the Texans. They play us twice a year, they need to worry about beating the other 14 teams on their schedule. Since they change every year, you should focus on building a solid... balanced team like ours.

We can sweep the Colts for the next 10 years, but if we can't win games outside our division, we won't go anywhere.

The Titans went 9-7 with a Friends-of-Munchak..... love-ya-blue staff. I'd be worried about them as well.

We've always underestimated the Titans & the Jags.... rose colored glasses & all. Those teams have generally finished better than the Texans. They'll reclaim their glory soon enough.

I seriously doubt 10 wins will win the AFC South next year.

I'm sorry but with MAtt Schaub back next season and a healthy roster we should win the superbowl next season. Look what we did this season with what we had to work with. Theres no question this team should be one of the top teams in the AFC for years to come.

burro 01-21-2012 04:03 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
I literally LOL'd at all of the people in that thread that were talking about a QB controversy between Schaub and Yates in the offseason.

SAMURAITEXAN 01-21-2012 05:26 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
We got a tough schedule next year(playing against top playoff teams). We as Texans fans all know that we are very balanced and talented team as we watched Texans' game through out season. For non Texans fans, they don't watch us much and likely the most of them got to really see us in the playoffs or when we play against them. So I can understand there's some mixed feeling about us. However, when we take our division next year with double digit wins, other fans will realize we are the team to beat and will be the dominate force for a long time to come.

BTW, it is funny to see a discussion " Build team to beat Texans" at the colts forum. We had a similar discussion not too long ago.

Go Texans!!!

AFC South Champions!!!

jaayteetx 01-21-2012 05:33 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 1887407)
I'm sorry but with MAtt Schaub back next season and a healthy roster we should contend to win the superbowl next season. Look what we did this season with what we had to work with. Theres no question this team should be one of the top teams in the AFC for years to come.

Thats a little better, too many good teams in the league to just flat out say we should win, IMO. In the end, thats the best any team can hope for and let the chips fall where they may.

Titans Sux 72 01-21-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1887378)
So where do you stand on this?

Me, I think it would be stupid to focus on the Texans. They play us twice a year, they need to worry about beating the other 14 teams on their schedule. Since they change every year, you should focus on building a solid... balanced team like ours.

We can sweep the Colts for the next 10 years, but if we can't win games outside our division, we won't go anywhere.

The Titans went 9-7 with a Friends-of-Munchak..... love-ya-blue staff. I'd be worried about them as well.

We've always underestimated the Titans & the Jags.... rose colored glasses & all. Those teams have generally finished better than the Texans. They'll reclaim their glory soon enough.

I seriously doubt 10 wins will win the AFC South next year.

Why do think the Texans drafted Mario?
To beat the Colts. The Texans for years built their team to beat the Colts.

PapaL 01-21-2012 06:10 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Strong run game = keep elite QBs on the bench
Strong pass rush = keep elite QBs uncomfortable
Drafting ll those TEs = keep speed rushers on edge

thunderkyss 01-21-2012 06:51 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 1887407)
I'm sorry but with MAtt Schaub back next season and a healthy roster we should win the superbowl next season. Look what we did this season with what we had to work with. Theres no question this team should be one of the top teams in the AFC for years to come.

I'm as Homer as they come... y'all know that. But, this time of the season is about getting better. Got's to be honest with your team & we've been saying, "Theres no question this team should be one of the top teams in the AFC for years to come." for a long time.

Is it time? Will we see it come to be?

I surely hope so.

Getting Schaub back next season makes us better. Andre healing up, makes us better. Getting more talent on the offensive side of the ball (this is my hope for the off-season) will make us better.

Defensively a healthier Demeco, a healthy Mario, Sharpton, Nolan.. rekindling that competitive spirit between Demeco & Cushing... starting one between Mario & Barwin... makes us better.

But it's not like the Titans can't get better. It's not like the Jags can't get better.

Heck, the Steelers were one & done in the play-offs. The Jets were considered contenders & didn't make the dance. The Eagles were "favorites" & didn't even win their 9-7 division.

thunderkyss 01-21-2012 07:02 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN (Post 1887435)
We got a tough schedule next year(playing against top playoff teams).

when looking at our division,

we have to play the Broncos & the Ravens.

Colts will play the Browns & the Cheifs

Jags will play the Raiders & the Bengals

The Titans will play the Chargers & Steelers.

Doesn't look like this year's success hurt us any at all as far as scheduling goes.

But yes, we have a lot of play-off teams on our schedule. Patriots, Green Bay, Detroit, Ravens, Broncos.....

SAMURAITEXAN 01-21-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1887465)
when looking at our division,

we have to play the Broncos & the Ravens.

Colts will play the Browns & the Cheifs

Jags will play the Raiders & the Bengals

The Titans will play the Chargers & Steelers.

Doesn't look like this year's success hurt us any at all as far as scheduling goes.

But yes, we have a lot of play-off teams on our schedule. Patriots, Green Bay, Detroit, Ravens, Broncos.....

TK, I see your point of looking at our division schedule against ACF North and West. Looks like schedule turns out to be alright for us except for Colts' schedule obviously.

Premier 01-21-2012 07:41 PM

Re: Colts Forum: Build Team To Beat Texans?
 
i do agree with the assessment that when the entire team is healthy, matt schaub is the weak link.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger