Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Thank you Texans for a great season! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89019)

SmoochyTX 01-15-2012 04:11 PM

Thank you Texans for a great season!

Thank you guys! Sucks to lose but what a great season this has been!

Can't wait for September!

CretorFrigg 01-15-2012 04:13 PM

Re: Thank you Texans for a great season!

Season was too short.

Maddict5 01-15-2012 04:15 PM

yep im disappointed cos we deserved to win but very proud of the players and coaches for a great season that was derailed by injuries

utahmark 01-15-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 1882249)
Season was too short.

Longest one in a long time...

thetexanator 01-15-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoochyTX (Post 1882239)
Thank you guys! Sucks to lose but what a great season this has been!

Can't wait for September!

cant tell you how much i hate your statement and i resent the fact that you are not angry. i will keep it civil and just say they should have won this game.

CretorFrigg 01-15-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utahmark (Post 1882272)
Longest one in a long time...

Doesn't mean I don't haver higher expectations for the team. This loss was really disappointing because we could've won it. We just shot ourselves in the foot with turnovers.

And that JJ fumble... :kubepalm: We lost by a TD.

Hervoyel 01-15-2012 04:17 PM

Absolutely a great season. Texans went down swinging but the better team (today) won. Lots to be optimistic about I think. Plenty of things left to fix but I'll save the "rant" portion of my thoughts for another thread.

Next year we defend our AFC South title and try to get past the second round. It's nice to finally go into a season defending something other than the keys to the cellar. I think it's safe to say that a corner has been turned this year.

SmoochyTX 01-15-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetexanator (Post 1882280)
cant tell you how much i hate your statement and i resent the fact that you are not angry. i will keep it civil and just say they should have won this game.

Shoulda woulda coulda. Resent all you want.

We played a good game but made a few huge mistakes and then didn't capitalize on their mistakes. Now I would have been angry if we had lost in Broncos fashion. But we didn't.

On to next season! Go Texans!

4Texans 01-15-2012 04:22 PM

Yep, great season. Won our division, Had our first playoff game at home and won. Should be an interesting off-season.

Congrats Texans!

kiwitexansfan 01-15-2012 04:24 PM

We lost in the second round of the playoffs, but let's focus on what is important about this season, the Playoffs.

We have broken through that barrier and from now on, the expectations and the standards have to be raised.

Forget September, it's time to prepare for the draft.

burro 01-15-2012 04:26 PM

This loss sucks big time, no doubt we could of won this. Still, best season of our short history and I am stoked to see what we can do with a healthy roster next season. This isn't the Texans of yesteryear, we are a good team and will be for sometime.

silvrhand 01-15-2012 04:27 PM

Was a good year, lots to look forward to next year:

- Mario returning
- Our rookies are looking better.
- Drafting a stud WR to go along with AJ.. matter of fact I'd be ok with going RD1/2 on stud WR, this year is deep with good WR talent in the draft.
- QB rotation is even deeper now, feel better about if we lose Matt.
- RB position is so deep, enjoy that.
- Honestly we made need a stud FS at this point, some good ones in the draft.

gwallaia 01-15-2012 04:27 PM

Keep pounding away Texans. Let's get better next season and go all the way.

I'm encouraged with where the Texans are right now.

:texflag:

Nitrofish 01-15-2012 04:31 PM

Thanks Texans for the great ride... Disappointing of course to lose this game, but nothing to hang your head over. This game has served notice on the NFL that the Texans are for real!

LOVE YOU TEXANS!

rollinstone18 01-15-2012 04:37 PM

dear ed reed,

i hate you.

:texflag:

dream_team 01-15-2012 04:37 PM

Thanks Texans! Disappointing way to end the season, but keep your heads high! We can now honestly say, anything short of a Super Bowl win next season would be a disappointment. We are now one of those teams.

dream_team 01-15-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrhand (Post 1882376)
Was a good year, lots to look forward to next year:

- Mario returning
- Our rookies are looking better.
- Drafting a stud WR to go along with AJ.. matter of fact I'd be ok with going RD1/2 on stud WR, this year is deep with good WR talent in the draft.
- QB rotation is even deeper now, feel better about if we lose Matt.
- RB position is so deep, enjoy that.
- Honestly we made need a stud FS at this point, some good ones in the draft.

Why? I think Manning is a good one!

Showtime100 01-15-2012 04:39 PM

Thanks Texans! So many key injuries and you kept plugging away. Great job, and thanks for giving me some bullets to shoot at Austin Cowboy fans who can't seem to reconcile how I have the nerve to be a Texan.

BeerTastesLikeVictory 01-15-2012 07:03 PM

I'm still reeling from the loss, but I'd like to say Thanks to the team as well. For the first time in our franchise I feel we actually have a complete team along with the camaraderie from team mates that eventually makes champions. After this season it would take some real un-doing for these Texans to be re-labeled as a soft team like we heard for many season.

These Texans have played the great majority of the season tough as nails, and man oh man....that defense. We have something real special going on with these guys on D. We will learn from this year and punch everyone in the mouth next season. It sucks the season is over, but I think the culture of this team has changed for the long haul and some special memories were made through the course of 2011 and early 2012. Thanks you Houston Texans, have a great offseason, and get ready to go 1-0 for 19 straight games next season. I still believe.

Norg 01-15-2012 07:10 PM

Yeah your right we gotta defend our afcs title. Lets acctually go 6-0 in the divison this year a can we win in indy this year plzzzzzx