Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Well, one of our teams will be headed north (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89003)

Daravenator 01-14-2012 09:31 PM

Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Patriots are rolling. Either Ravens or Texans will be at Gillette next week for the AFCC. No home game for either of us.

Brandon420tx 01-14-2012 09:41 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
The only thing that sucks is that our game is going to be so physical the winner will be limping into the AFC championship game

kwoththeravens 01-14-2012 09:46 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
The Pats basically got an extra bye week...

Mr teX 01-14-2012 09:56 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Saw this coming a mile away....thank god the Tebow hoopla is over.....................for this year anyway.

redwhiteANDblue 01-14-2012 09:58 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 1880337)
Saw this coming a mile away....thank god the Tebow hoopla is over.....................for this year anyway.

I thought it would never end

TheMatrix31 01-14-2012 10:00 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 1880337)
Saw this coming a mile away....thank god the Tebow hoopla is over.....................for this year anyway.

You really think so? You're unbelievably naive. Tebow is a story, and he's here to stay. Just get over it. Oof. And who gives a flying **** anyway. We've got our own team to worry about.

ThaShark316 01-14-2012 10:02 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 1880347)
You really think so? You're unbelievably naive. Tebow is a story, and he's here to stay. Just get over it. Oof. And who gives a flying **** anyway. We've got our own team to worry about.

Matrix, you my boy and all, but I gotta get you some of those calm down pills man.

since02 01-14-2012 10:13 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 1880347)
You really think so? You're unbelievably naive. Tebow is a story, and he's here to stay. Just get over it. Oof. And who gives a flying **** anyway. We've got our own team to worry about.

I actually miss watching sports news/ networks during the week... that's why I give a flying ****...

just my take...

EllisUnit 01-14-2012 10:13 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 1880347)
You really think so? You're unbelievably naive. Tebow is a story, and he's here to stay. Just get over it. Oof. And who gives a flying **** anyway. We've got our own team to worry about.

You really think that the way tebow plays that he can win long term in the NFL. The Broncos are playing college style ball, and the patriots have a TERRIBLE defense and they looked like they have a #1 defense tonight against the broncos. I'm sorry but the option needs to stay in college it has no place in the pros, and thats the only style that Tebow can play. It's sad really. What about when he gets just a little older and his body wears way down from the beating he takes every game ? Then what will he stand in the pocket like a tom brady and sling it, i dont think so.

TheMatrix31 01-14-2012 10:13 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 1880349)
Matrix, you my boy and all, but I gotta get you some of those calm down pills man.


I'm tense man. We got a freakin' playoff game where the winner goes to the AFC Championship game and all these people want to do is care about what the media is or isn't saying about Tebow? To hell with him and to hell with the media.

We've got a game to watch tomorrow.

TheMatrix31 01-14-2012 10:15 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 1880358)
You really think that the way tebow plays that he can win long term in the NFL. The Broncos are playing college style ball, and the patriots have a TERRIBLE defense and they looked like they have a #1 defense tonight against the broncos. I'm sorry but the option needs to stay in college it has no place in the pros, and thats the only style that Tebow can play. It's sad really. What about when he gets just a little older and his body wears way down from the beating he takes every game ? Then what will he stand in the pocket like a tom brady and sling it, i dont think so.

Never said his style will work or won't work. Not sure where you even got close to that.

I do think he deserves one more year learning from Elway, a full off-season. He needs an improved set of weapons on the offensive ball and more importantly, the defense HAS the be better. They need at least a safety, a corner, and an ILB. They also need, perhaps more than anything else, a coach or OC (or both) that actually gets imaginative. The playcalling was absolutely atrocious today.

TexanSam 01-14-2012 10:18 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 1880359)
I'm tense man. We got a freakin' playoff game where the winner goes to the AFC Championship game and all these people want to do is care about what the media is or isn't saying about Tebow? To hell with him and to hell with the media.

We've got a game to watch tomorrow.

We can't talk about Tebow and the Broncos as well as our own team? We'll watch the game tomorrow, but we can also talk about the other games.

EllisUnit 01-14-2012 10:19 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 1880362)
Never said his style will work or won't work. Not sure where you even got close to that.

I do think he deserves one more year learning from Elway, a full off-season. He needs an improved set of weapons on the offensive ball and more importantly, the defense HAS the be better. They need at least a safety, a corner, and an ILB. They also need, perhaps more than anything else, a coach or OC (or both) that actually gets imaginative. The playcalling was absolutely atrocious today.

play calling ? That is the only play calling that will work with him, it is the same every game. And the defense is the reason that Tebow and the Broncos won as many games as they did. I'm not saying he doesnt deserve another year, i'm just saying that there is a reason that some players that are good in college cant succeed in the NFL. The competition is vastly different up here.

JamesBill 01-14-2012 10:20 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
man either the raven forums are terrible or you got banned to be spending time here.

TheMatrix31 01-14-2012 10:33 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 1880366)
play calling ? That is the only play calling that will work with him, it is the same every game. And the defense is the reason that Tebow and the Broncos won as many games as they did. I'm not saying he doesnt deserve another year, i'm just saying that there is a reason that some players that are good in college cant succeed in the NFL. The competition is vastly different up here.

Playcalling was opened up quite a bit in the last game and it worked.

Doesn't help that his WRs have horrendous hands.

And we can definitely talk about other teams and games--but not in the main Texans forum.

burro 01-14-2012 10:36 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 1880359)
I'm tense man. We got a freakin' playoff game where the winner goes to the AFC Championship game and all these people want to do is care about what the media is or isn't saying about Tebow? To hell with him and to hell with the media.

We've got a game to watch tomorrow.

We're all tense dude, at least I would think so. I'm personally just trying to unwind and take my mind off of it so that maybe I can get to sleep tonight (still unlikely to happen). The Fall of Tebow-mania is just a distraction for us fans with knots in our stomach.

EllisUnit 01-14-2012 10:41 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 1880381)
Playcalling was opened up quite a bit in the last game and it worked.

Doesn't help that his WRs have horrendous hands.

And we can definitely talk about other teams and games--but not in the main Texans forum.

Could be his wounded duck, wobble throws. just saying.....

TheMatrix31 01-14-2012 10:42 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 1880386)
Could be his wounded duck, wobble throws. just saying.....

Sometimes. The passes he threw tonight that ended up being dropped were all on the WRs. It was pathetic.

EllisUnit 01-14-2012 10:47 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 1880388)
Sometimes. The passes he threw tonight that ended up being dropped were all on the WRs. It was pathetic.

wouldnt say all of them, i can count 3 off the top of my head that were terrible looking throws, and bad throws that were either way behind the WR or way in front. they got a few fingers on the ball occasionally but thats on Tebow.

If he could only throw a spiral :mariopalm:

ObsiWan 01-14-2012 10:48 PM

Re: Well, one of our teams will be headed north
 
Back to our guys...

The Ch 11 weather dude says it'll be around 32 deg F and somewhat windy at gametime.

Brrrr....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger