Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans might as well stay home if you listen to one Baltimore writer (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88921)

Wolf 01-12-2012 07:13 PM

Texans might as well stay home if you listen to one Baltimore writer

Quote:

Why even make the trip, Texans?

Just save all the trouble with packing winter clothes and going up east because this one has already been settled, at least according to one writer that covers the Ravens.

You may have already read about Part I of this story.

"Everything setting up nicely for Ravens" said the headline above an article by Kevin Cowherd that appeared in the Monday edition of The Baltimore Sun.

The article prompted a "Love the overconfidence" post on my Twitter account Monday evening.

I moved on. Until this morning.

This morning Cowherd repeated something he said in his Monday article - that the Bengals all but "gift-wrapped" the Texans' first playoff win.

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...ltimore-writer

EllisUnit 01-12-2012 07:27 PM

Re: Texans might as well stay home if you listen to one Baltimore writer

Do they not realize that we have a damn good front 7 of our own, and do they not realize that we have one of if not the best O-Lines in the NFL. I wanna read what this guy says once the texans go in and shock the world be whipping up on the ravens.

sluggo832004 01-12-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 1878462)

Hes a Baltimore writer, what you expect?

-The Ravens are undefeated against houston.
-Undefeated at home.
-Beat all teams with winning records this year.
-A bunch of all-pros on their defense.

-We have a QB with like 5 games of experience.

Baltimore should be confident.

We will all find out on Sunday who was right and who was wrong. Its just his opinion.

Besides in 2009 when we finally got respect in the offseason and were picked as the sleeper in the NFL we blew it.

So I would rather Houston be a underdog and under the radar as opposed to being the favorites and the talk of the town everyday.

thunderkyss 01-12-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sluggo832004 (Post 1878477)
Hes a Baltimore writer, what you expect?

-The Ravens are undefeated against houston.
-Undefeated at home.
-Beat all teams with winning records this year.
-A bunch of all-pros on their defense.

-We have a QB with like 5 games of experience.

Baltimore should be confident.

I hope Baltimore is confident, I hope they all breathe a sigh of relief after they clinched a bye week.

& I hope they took off that week & indulged & celebrated & copulated

Texan_Bill 01-12-2012 07:54 PM

Yeah... **** it, Andre should've cleaned out his locker last week whenever he normally does... :rolleyes:

Nitrofish 01-13-2012 06:58 AM

It's not just one Baltimore writer. The majority of people give the Texans no chance against the Ravens. But I think the Texans play better under those conditions. I think most expect a replay of the last game and do not realize that our D is 10x better than it was in week 6.

Have faith... the boys in Steel Blue will quiet the crowd and come out with the win.

Nitrofish 01-13-2012 07:57 AM

Did someone step on a duck?

Textan 01-13-2012 08:08 AM

I love the fact that pretty much the whole world has written off the Texans, except the Texans. Surprisingly Pocket Rocket "a guest on Inside the NFL" believes the Texans will win.
According to my Texans app....these two teams are almost evenly matched.
No surprise, but if Foster has a good one, the Texans could shock the world.
Maybe Spider Hands "Watt" can wrangle another interception.:boxing:

DBCooper 01-13-2012 08:13 AM

I'm not delusional and know this is a tough game, but the Ravens have their own issues on the offensive side of the ball.

If we can shut down Rice and get Flacco to make mistakes, we have a real shot at this game.

May the gods be with TJ.

Buffi2 01-13-2012 08:17 AM

Baltimore: Can you spell TRAP GAME?

Seņor Stan 01-13-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffi2 (Post 1878725)
Baltimore: Can you spell TRAP GAME?

Don't you mean Jacksonville....oh wait you said TRAP game not TARP game. My bad.

brakos82 01-13-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Stan (Post 1878729)
Don't you mean Jacksonville....oh wait you said TRAP game not TARP game. My bad.

:peek:

Nawzer 01-13-2012 10:52 AM

From a neutral point of view, Baltimore is the heavy favorite going into this game. There should be no doubt about that. The key to this game is how the teams start off. You know the Ravens will be very physical and try to establish dominance early on. It's crucial that the Texans don't allow that to happen by either running the ball with great success early on or hitting a home run type of play. Baltimore is not a team built to play from behind so if we can get an early lead the pressure will definitely be on them to do something. That's the key imo to winning this game.

Daravenator 01-13-2012 12:59 PM

First off, you should know that Kevin Cowherd is not a sportswriter- he's a hack columnist that believes he was a stand-up comedian in another life.

Texan_Bill 01-13-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daravenator (Post 1878954)
First off, you should know that Kevin Cowherd is not a sportswriter- he's a hack columnist that believes he was a stand-up comedian in another life.

I thought that guy's name was John McClain? (Houston hack-writer)

Dutchrudder 01-13-2012 01:19 PM

I often put a lot of faith in what sportswriters say. I trust this man knows what he's talking about, so I guess I'll go golfing on Sunday.

:rolleyes:

Do we really need to post every single negative article/video on this board? We're the underdogs and deservedly so, who cares what they think? There is zero credible or useful analysis in that piece. It's merely a smack talk article to antagonize Houston fans.

michaelm 01-13-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1878988)
I often put a lot of faith in what sportswriters say. I trust this man knows what he's talking about, so I guess I'll go golfing on Sunday.

:rolleyes:

Do we really need to post every single negative article/video on this board? We're the underdogs and deservedly so, who cares what they think? There is zero credible or useful analysis in that piece. It's merely a smack talk article to antagonize Houston fans.

I don't understand people responding in a thread about their lack of interest in that particular thread.

Seems to me, if there is a thread with a topic that you don't care for, you'd probably just stay out of the thread completely. Kind of a message board version of natural selection.

It would be kinda like a person walking into a Chinese restaurant just to tell the people he doesn't like Chinese food. :kitten:

thunderkyss 01-13-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelm (Post 1879004)
It would be kinda like a person walking into a Chinese restaurant just to tell the people he doesn't like Chinese food. :kitten:

It would be more like going into a Chinese Restaurant, ordering the buffet, going back three times, & complaining the whole time how they can't stand Chinese food.

Dutchrudder 01-13-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelm (Post 1879004)
I don't understand people responding in a thread about their lack of interest in that particular thread.

Seems to me, if there is a thread with a topic that you don't care for, you'd probably just stay out of the thread completely. Kind of a message board version of natural selection.

What I don't like is the continual threads of "Texans are being disrespected!!!" It comes off as whiny and insecure to me, and I'm sure other fans that visit see it too. We have a lot of these threads floating around here this week, and have every week since we hit 6-3. I don't see that kind of consistent whining on other team's boards, but it seems to be the norm around here.

The article quoted was obviously written somewhat in jest, but it reeks of Richard Justice type flamebaiting for Texans fans. Just ignore it and move on. The guy isn't worth your time.

Joeycharp89 01-13-2012 04:59 PM

I'm more angry with how poorly this guy writes. That last paragraph was brutal to read.

Or should I say : 'That last paragraph was brutal to read?"