Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I hate ohio (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88725)

ts4texans 01-08-2012 08:33 AM

I hate ohio

I'm getting so much crap here. just because I walk around everywhere wearing my texans gear, and i'm in ohio, everyone just assumes i'm a front runner and only like them because they're in the playoffs. i've been the only texans fan in this area for YEARS.

ticks me offf. well houston, i'l see you in a few years lol.
:toropalm:

pirbroke 01-08-2012 09:02 AM

Re: I hate ohio

Quote:

Originally Posted by ts4texans (Post 1874124)
I'm getting so much crap here. just because I walk around everywhere wearing my texans gear, and i'm in ohio, everyone just assumes i'm a front runner and only like them because they're in the playoffs. i've been the only texans fan in this area for YEARS.

LOL, Hey try walking around with a Heat shirt on. Then when you go back to wearing Texans gear it won't seem near as bad.

ts4texans 01-08-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirbroke (Post 1874141)
LOL, Hey try walking around with a Heat shirt on. Then when you go back to wearing Texans gear it won't seem near as bad.

haha i won't go that far! I was at a cleveland indians game right after that whole incident and this kid i know went to the game also and wore a heat jersey and got escored out of the stadium by police and when he was out of the stadium he got jumped lol.

Playoffs 01-08-2012 09:07 AM

Strange, because I see a lot of Browns fans here and I've never called one of them a back-runner?

ts4texans 01-08-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1874143)
Strange, because I see a lot of Browns fans here and I've never called one of them a back-runner?

wait, there's browns fans? loll.

Hardcore Texan 01-08-2012 09:56 AM

I have a theory about people from Ohio, that all of them are strange, I have never met anyone from there or PA that are not just not weird in some way. I am sure they have some normal folks, but have never met one...:)

burro 01-08-2012 10:23 AM

I used to live in Columbus a long time ago and I learned that people in that state are super jaded when it comes to sports. How could they not be? All of their teams across the entire sporting spectrum have sucked for most of their lives (minus a few years here and there). In other words, they hate winners. We should be able to empathize, how do you y'all feel about obnoxious Saints and Steelers fans?

drunkcookie 01-08-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burro (Post 1874188)
I used to live in Columbus a long time ago and I learned that people in that state are super jaded when it comes to sports. How could they not be? All of their teams across the entire sporting spectrum have sucked for most of their lives (minus a few years here and there). In other words, they hate winners. We should be able to empathize, how do you y'all feel about obnoxious Saints and Steelers fans?

A lot of Ohio folk, esspecially from that northeast quadrant are Steeler fans...

The Steelers, Ohio State and the Penguins... not too too bad for some in Ohio...

MEGA SWATT 01-08-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ts4texans (Post 1874144)
wait, there's browns fans? loll.

Browns fan, singular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Op, while I think that sux for you - I would not take to kindly to someone wearing a bunghole jersey here even if it was an Andy (Katy, TX) Dalton jersey.

BullNation4Life 01-08-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

It happens bro. I've been a Yankees fan since Donnie Baseball played, that would be Don Mattingly for the laymen, and was a huge Michael Jordan fan after the Celtics game in 1986 (Because my grandmother liked the Celtics)...

Let the state of Ohio wallow in their misery...They haven't won anything since Ohio State stole the National Championship from The U in 2002

Giant Tiger 01-08-2012 01:17 PM

I work with a Bengals fan who has relatives in Cincinnati. I wanted to have a friendly wager on the game, but it was refused due to the previous game. I was a lot more confident about the game. To be fair, though, up here the obnoxious fans cheer for buffalo or Philadelphia.

amazing80 01-08-2012 01:25 PM

Ohio is garbage, I did some work there recently and its FULL of Steelers fans. Went to BWWs when Bengals and Steelers player and it was ALL Steelers fans. Then me, the lone Texan, Ha! The people are nice, but man they are not smart. Probably bad to generalize, but I would never live there.

brakos82 01-08-2012 01:26 PM

haha, out here I live with a bunch of Seahawks and Raiders fans... with a moderate sprinkling of Packers here and there. The military neighborhoods have more of a mix though.

Marcus 01-08-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 1874173)
I have a theory about people from Ohio, that all of them are strange, I have never met anyone from there or PA that are not just not weird in some way. I am sure they have some normal folks, but have never met one...:)

LOL! Well, I was born in York, PA. Lived there the first 7 years of my life, and then moved to Columbus, Ohio, and lived there for 3 before moving south.

I guess that explains everything, ay? ;)

And regarding Columbus, you'd better believe they are jaded. That's where Ohio State is. And I lived there when they considered Woody Hayes to be a god.

ts4texans 01-08-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amazing80 (Post 1874360)
Ohio is garbage, I did some work there recently and its FULL of Steelers fans. Went to BWWs when Bengals and Steelers player and it was ALL Steelers fans. Then me, the lone Texan, Ha! The people are nice, but man they are not smart. Probably bad to generalize, but I would never live there.

yeah it's dumb. i mean i guess i DO love ohio to an extent just because i've lived here my whole life. but i love my football team more than anything lol. every time i go to bdubs it's always just me, the lone Texan. well, I make my girlfriend wear one of my jerseys when we go too :)

SAMURAITEXAN 01-08-2012 07:25 PM

Don't worry about that man. Here in Tokyo, the most people don't know about the Texans. Other day, I saw a guy wearing Astro T-shirt and went up to this person to ask if he knew the team. Said T-shirt was on sale with very low price but doen't know anything about Astros. He wasn't even interested in MLB.

brakos82 01-08-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN (Post 1874854)
Don't worry about that man. Here in Tokyo, the most people don't know about the Texans. Other day, I saw a guy wearing Astro T-shirt and went up to this person to ask if he knew the team. Said T-shirt was on sale with very low price but doen't know anything about Astros. He wasn't even interested in MLB.

Hahaha. We have a couple random 2000-era Astros hat-wearers floating around from when Randy Johnson was with them for half a season or so.

SAMURAITEXAN 01-09-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brakos82 (Post 1874873)
Hahaha. We have a couple random 2000-era Astros hat-wearers floating around from when Randy Johnson was with them for half a season or so.

I learn my lesson for sure. Of here they just buy things just because it looks cool and no other reason. You rarely find hard core NFL, MLB or NBA fans. Especially, Houston professional team. This is my main reason why I come here so often.

Go Texans!!!

Double Barrel 01-09-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

That, my fellow Texans fan, is paying your dues. Keep up the good work! :texflag:

bckey 01-09-2012 06:11 PM

I've been through Ohio when driving to/from New York and it is by far the ugliest state I have ever been to. And I've been to almost all the states. Columbus was one ugly city also.