Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Roll call of those going up to Baltimore (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88723)

TexansFight 01-08-2012 06:45 AM

Roll call of those going up to Baltimore

I booked my flight and hotel right after the game ended. I have a friend who is a local ticket broker and have him on the lookout for getting a game ticket.

I'd like to see who else is going and would love to meet up with fellow TexansTalkers up there.

TexansLucky13 01-08-2012 06:51 AM

Re: Roll call of those going up to Baltimore

Hook me up with any and all info please. I am currently stationed at Fort Meade, only 20 minutes from Baltimore. My wife and I are looking to go, but I honestly don't feel too keen on going just us. I would love to go with a half a dozen or so others for a reasonable price.... hit me up!

SheTexan 01-08-2012 07:12 AM

I think some of the Blue Crew are making plans!! What hotel are you staying at?

TexansFight 01-08-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 (Post 1874077)
Hook me up with any and all info please. I am currently stationed at Fort Meade, only 20 minutes from Baltimore. My wife and I are looking to go, but I honestly don't feel too keen on going just us. I would love to go with a half a dozen or so others for a reasonable price.... hit me up!

First, thank you for your service to our country. PM if you'd like, my ticket broker friend is an honest, straight shooter if you need help with tickets. I'm staying at the Hilton near the stadium. I'd be honored to buy you and your wife a beer. GO TEXANS!!!!

TexansFight 01-08-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 1874084)
I think some of the Blue Crew are making plans!! What hotel are you staying at?

I'm staying at the Hilton near the stadium. I definitely want to hang with fellow Texan fans. I'd love to share my contact info with y'all via PM. I'm flying up Saturday and will be arriving at 5pm

Finally, I need to change my damn avatar :)

SheTexan 01-08-2012 07:19 AM

We'll let ya know as plans develope!

Texas T 01-08-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 (Post 1874077)

I wish I'd known you were up here too. I'm up at JB McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst.
I was down in D.C. for the 'Skins game last year.

I tried to get tickets to the game during the regular season and the tickets were expensive because of the small size of their stadium. Good luck on getting tickets with everyone else. It's a blast to meet people from the board.

Unfortunately I won't be making it-gotta save for my move/retirement in June.

sakebomb 01-08-2012 08:10 AM

I went to the game up there earlier this season and they lost. I will do my part and stay here in Houston. I don't want any part of jinxing our team.

Texans_Chick 01-08-2012 10:08 AM

My first road game ever.

Going with my fun friend Diane.

Haven't arranged tickets yet, but got flight/hotel.

Flights are expensive but cheaper if you get them through a package deal. I did mine through United Vacations. Pretty inexpensive for such a late date.

Hardcore Texan 01-08-2012 10:41 AM

My wife and started searching around for tickets right after the game ended. She has a friend that lives there so we could stay with her and save money on the hotel. But airfare is $800-$900 (for two), that plus what I saw tickets going for on ebay, I don't think its possible. Unless I can find cheaper airfare and score some decent price on tickets, I would sit in nosebleeds and be happy about it for a decent price.

*edit - just checked out United vacations and for the same price you can get two nights at a hotel, that is a pretty good deal. Too bad I can't find airfare only for cheaper.

vupac1 01-08-2012 11:45 AM

Started looking for airfare, and it's ridiculously high.. If I can find a reasonably priced flight I will go no questions asked, I have a friend up there I can stay with and will be happy finding some nosebleed seats..

I'll be on constant refresh and hopefuly there will be some surprise dip in flight prices

Is anyone considering a road trip? I think it's like 20 hrs...

Craig. 01-08-2012 01:15 PM

Trying like crazy. Tickets are in the bag but I'm attempting to cheap out hardcore on airfare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vupac1 (Post 1874251)
Is anyone considering a road trip? I think it's like 20 hrs...

No way in Hell.

Texans_Chick 01-08-2012 01:48 PM

Try united vacations into Baltimore or DC. Package deals cheaper than airfare alone. Also you can check out Continental cool fares Monday midnight.

Kimmy 01-08-2012 01:59 PM

I'm saving my money for Superbowl!

TexansFight 01-08-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 1874180)
My first road game ever.

Going with my fun friend Diane.

Haven't arranged tickets yet, but got flight/hotel.

Flights are expensive but cheaper if you get them through a package deal. I did mine through United Vacations. Pretty inexpensive for such a late date.

This will be my first true Texans roadie as well. When I lived in New York I went to the game we played against the Jets like back in 2004 and 2005 at Giants Stadium. I can't wait!!!

Craig. 01-08-2012 03:33 PM

Booked! Woo hoo!

SouthSideTexan 01-08-2012 06:22 PM

Flight booked at half time and I'm still searching for game tix. My brother lives up there and he's looking around for me. I fly out Sat!!!!

Red_Bull 01-08-2012 07:57 PM

I have some plane tickets held, hope to decide if I am going or not today, or tomorrow. Looking at game tickets now.

PapaL 01-08-2012 08:08 PM

Being a local to the area, there are tickets available but man is the price skyrocketing. My son and I would love to meet up w y'all that come up for the game.

SouthSideTexan 01-08-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 1874915)
Being a local to the area, there are tickets available but man is the price skyrocketing. My son and I would love to meet up w y'all that come up for the game.

Yeah... I agree with you. For a good lower level seat you are going to spend at least $300 and up. Plus the stadium is a dump.