Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Big Players make Big Plays in Big Games (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88718)

GP 01-08-2012 01:47 AM

Big Players make Big Plays in Big Games

JJ Watt is my Big Players make Big Plays in Big Games guy for this game. The way he caught the bullet as it left the barrel of the gun was remarkable and momentum changing, IMO. What is YOUR moment that stood out for you?

Lurvinator11 01-08-2012 01:58 AM

Re: Big Players make Big Plays in Big Games

Andre Johnson for me. When I saw him all alone in the area and the ball coming towards him, I already knew what would happen. It was fitting. That in my opinion, put the game out of reach for the Bungholes. The Foster run is what sealed it!

Marcus 01-08-2012 02:19 AM

I loved getting to see AJ catch a TD pass, but JJ Watt catching that ball the way he did, changed the game.

The Pencil Neck 01-08-2012 02:21 AM

It's GOT to be JJ Watt.

I'm not a big believer in momentum, but it sure did feel like the whole game changed after that one play. And then the sack.

kcdoubleeagle 01-08-2012 02:28 AM

He doesn't get a lot of hype...but name a defensive player you would take over him right now from last years draft...maybe Von Miller? WE got a steal

SheTexan 01-08-2012 07:57 AM

JJ WATT!! Boy played his heart out, and it paid off!! That JJ play was by far one of the BEST I've ever seen. Wade commented on the news last night that JJ does this in practice all the time. Wade was wondering what took him so long!

I think we were all excited watching AJ make a big play, but, overall, he looked a little rusty. JMO!! He's gettin his groove back though, and he'll be AWESOME against the birds!!

MightyTExan 01-08-2012 07:59 AM

http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61.../jjwatspic.gif

sakebomb 01-08-2012 08:02 AM

The Watt play was definitely the Versus NFL Turning Point.

TexanBacker93 01-08-2012 08:06 AM

All 3 were big, but the Watt play changed the momentum and set the tone for the 2nd half. The D was awesome in the final 2 quarters.

GuerillaBlack 01-08-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 1874106)
JJ WATT!! Boy played his heart out, and it paid off!! That JJ play was by far one of the BEST I've ever seen. Wade commented on the news last night that JJ does this in practice all the time. Wade was wondering what took him so long!

I think we were all excited watching AJ make a big play, but, overall, he looked a little rusty. JMO!! He's gettin his groove back though, and he'll be AWESOME against the birds!!

Arian Foster was saying the same thing during his interview after the game on NFL Network. Also said Watt's play was the game changer and I agree, it was. Didn't see the Texans losing after that.

amazing80 01-08-2012 08:15 AM

JJ Watt by far, but I will say I was very impressed with Earl mitchell. The guy played great from the nose

EllisUnit 01-08-2012 08:16 AM

When Marvin Lewis used both his challenges early ;) hmmm i dont know if that counts though

buddyboy 01-08-2012 08:33 AM

The Watt play was definitely one of the game changing plays, but on offense, I'd say one of the big plays that maybe is under the radar is Owen Daniels' catch between two defenders for a first down (which was challenged and confirmed). That was clutch!

Sigma 01-08-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 1874011)
JJ Watt is my Big Players make Big Plays in Big Games guy for this game. The way he caught the bullet as it left the barrel of the gun was remarkable and momentum changing, IMO. What is YOUR moment that stood out for you?

I have to choose the same play you choose.... If you let me :D

Watt The F!!!!! :D he was awesome

Lucky 01-08-2012 08:39 AM

The reason the Texans are advancing is due to multiple players making big plays. Both teams had good game plans. But it was the Texans plays (Watt, Foster, AJ) that stepped up and make explosive plays the opponent can't anticipate. That's how championships are won. Great players overachieving.

Lucky 01-08-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyboy (Post 1874125)
...I'd say one of the big plays that maybe is under the radar is Owen Daniels' catch between two defenders for a first down (which was challenged and confirmed). That was clutch!

Very clutch. Yates should have never thrown the ball there (Foster was open on the swing), but Daniels bailed him out. And that's basically what the Texans have been saying to Yates. "We've got your back."

bckey 01-08-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 1874011)

I think that interception by JJ was incredible and definately a momentum changer. It was like a reward for all the crap he took in the Colts game.

EllisUnit 01-08-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bckey (Post 1874148)
I think that interception by JJ was incredible and definately a momentum changer. It was like a reward for all the crap he took in the Colts game.

u dont mean the one where it was 4th down and we woulda been on their 40 instead of our 30 had he just knocked it down ?

Seņor Stan 01-08-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bckey (Post 1874148)

I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a play like that before. I've seen DLinemen tip it to themselves, bet never have one literally "jump the route". Dude stopped and waited on the throw, then jumped like a power forward and snagged the ball like he had Lester Hayes style Stickum on his hands.

Brisco_County 01-08-2012 09:33 AM

The last time I saw that happen was when Aaron Schobel did it to Tom Brady a couple of years ago. It's extremely impressive that Watt already has that kind of anticipation as a rookie.