Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   If nothing gets your excited for Saturday....this will! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88613)

DX-TEX 01-05-2012 08:06 PM

If nothing gets your excited for Saturday....this will!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ans/?eref=sihp

Quote:

Clearly, Houston was not as good passing the ball at the end of the year as it was in the middle of the season. But many teams would have simply disintegrated offensively without their top quarterback (See 2011 Colts for evidence).

Houston did not. In fact, the Cold, Hard Football Facts rank every team across the board in more than a dozen Quality Stats. We call it our Quality Stats Power Rankings. The Saints were No. 1 in 2009; they won the Super Bowl. The Packers were No. 1 in 2010, even though they had a humble 10-6 record; they, too, won the Super Bowl.

The Texans were No. 1 in our Quality Stats Power Rankings when Schaub went down. They're still No. 1 today.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1idiVz81N
:evil::fans::texflag::trophy::wherewill

Playoffs 01-05-2012 08:32 PM

Re: If nothing gets your excited for Saturday....this will!

Wow.

There are some interesting stats in that article. Thanks for posting.

ThaJokaa 01-05-2012 08:57 PM

I'm not a superstitious person, so ehh...

Hardcore Texan 01-05-2012 09:14 PM

I have been saying it since midway thru the year, this Texans team is one of the most complete teams in the NFL. When we went on the win streak we were playing some of the best team football in the NFL, and certainly the best I have ever seen in this franchise.

I think we are going to be peaking for some time to come in the near future, and even if this stat doesn't pan out to be particularly true this season, we are going to be even a bigger threat next season. We are on the upswing folks!

EllisUnit 01-05-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 1871541)
I have been saying it since midway thru the year, this Texans team is one of the most complete teams in the NFL. When we went on the win streak we were playing some of the best team football in the NFL, and certainly the best I have ever seen in this franchise.

I think we are going to be peaking for some time to come in the near future, and even if this stat doesn't pan out to be particularly true this season, we are going to be even a bigger threat next season. We are on the upswing folks!

This season is the start of a "Dynasty" ??? We are a really young team, i see many more AFC South/AFC/Super Bowl ???? Championships in our future !!!

ObsiWan 01-05-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaJokaa (Post 1871533)
I'm not a superstitious person, so ehh...

Are you speaking of this piece warning of Wade and the Doug Flutie Curse?

badboy 01-05-2012 09:48 PM

Next year? Shaub and Kubiak (hopefully) playing for a contract. Mario trying to show he is worth the millions and millions and milions of dollars in his new contract. A healthy roster and a defense with a year of Wade. AJ healthy for entire year. Another draft like 2011. Anyone interested in watching?

Texan_Bill 01-05-2012 10:04 PM

:blah: :blah: :blah: Who gives a shite??!? Isn't this why they play the games???

GNTLEWOLF 01-06-2012 12:55 AM

I don't know about getting excited, but something brought out the hidden homer in me. Some of you know that I have not been drinking the koolaide this year. Even though I'm happy about where we are, I'm not sold on where most think we will go.
However; a couple days ago I was on another message board that was just a general sports talk message board. They have a section called Cowboys,Texans and NFL. I was reading in that section under a thread discussing the Texans' having advanced to the play-offs this year. Most of the posters were obviously Cowboys fans. The general concensus in the thread was
a) the Texans were an unknown fringe team only for people who hate the Cowyboys
b) Most people in Houston were Cowboy's fans and havenot heard of or don't acknowledge the Texans
c) There are very few people in Texas and even in the Houston area that wear Texans gear.
d) the Texans somehow stumbled and bumbled into the play-offs
e) The Cowboys were still a better team than the Texans and could easily beat them.
I didn't comment but came away from that board hoping beyond all hope that our Texans ram these attitudes down the throats of these uneducated rednecks

MEGA SWATT 01-06-2012 01:20 AM

sweet read:goodpost:

SAMURAITEXAN 01-06-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX-TEX (Post 1871506)
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ans/?eref=sihp

:evil::fans::texflag::trophy::wherewill

Nice find DX and thanks.

Go Texans!!!

Wolf6151 01-06-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 1871557)
Next year? Shaub and Kubiak (hopefully) playing for a contract. Mario trying to show he is worth the millions and millions and milions of dollars in his new contract. A healthy roster and a defense with a year of Wade. AJ healthy for entire year. Another draft like 2011. Anyone interested in watching?

+1

Couldn't agree more, I've been thinking about this for a while. With a good draft, all players healthy, and the return of Phillips next year is a realistic shot at the Super Bowl.

NastyNate 01-06-2012 08:12 AM

I hope we go all the way. I'd paint my buttcheeks red and blue if that happened!

The one major stat they don't take into account as to what made both of those teams so successful: Takeaways. NO had 39 in 2009 for second in the league. GB finished first last year with 44. that's what made those teams so successful and really helped control the clock. I think we have been struggling to create turnovers as of late, it's what killed us these last three games.

Texan_Bill 01-06-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastyNate (Post 1871701)
I hope we go all the way. I'd paint my buttcheeks red and blue if that happened!

The one major stat they don't take into account as to what made both of those teams so successful: Takeaways. NO had 39 in 2009 for second in the league. GB finished first last year with 44. that's what made those teams so successful and really helped control the clock. I think we have been struggling to create turnovers as of late, it's what killed us these last three games.

:backsout:

NastyNate 01-06-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1871705)
:backsout:

Well they're already liberty white... What's two more shades of color gonna hurt?

Texan_Bill 01-06-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastyNate (Post 1871724)
Well they're already liberty white... What's two more shades of color gonna hurt?

:facepalm: Nate!

NitroGSXR 01-06-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Don't forget the white star that goes right in between.

Texan_Bill 01-06-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 1871731)
Don't forget the white star that goes right in between.

:facepalm: Nitro!!

Repped!

SmoochyTX 01-06-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

I have to tell you that's one of the funniest things I've read all day. You had my whole office crackin' up!

BigBull17 01-06-2012 02:01 PM

"Lose yourself" by Eminem came on my Ipod, and I've neen jack up since 6 am. I'm ****ing ready for this shit!