- Texan Tailgate
||01-05-2012 12:26 PM
Playoff Gameday FAQs
I know in this subforum we get a lot of questions from first time visitors.
Also there's some new procedure stuff for this playoff game that the Texans want folks to know.
I tried to answer all the questions in this post:
Texans playoffs, Reliant Stadium frequently asked questions
I'd invite you guys to add your own gameday tips in the comments of the post since there are many longtimers here.
Also, many of you may see people you know in the pictures.:fans:
||01-05-2012 12:58 PM
Re: Playoff Gameday FAQs
Good stuff Steph!!
KEY INFO FOR HOUSTON TEXANS WILD CARD PLAYOFF GAME PRES. BY KROGER
Fans urged to arrive early and be in stadium by 3:00 p.m.
The Houston Texans will host the first playoff game in franchise history, and the first in Houston since January 16, 1994, on Saturday when they play the Cincinnati Bengals at 3:30 p.m.
The Texans have a number of exciting things planned for their fans throughout the day. In order to help fans better prepare for Saturday, following are several key pieces of information regarding the game, including ticket information, the times when parking lot and stadium gates will open and pregame activities.
• The Texans strongly encourage all fans attending Saturday’s game to be in their seats by at least 3:00 p.m. CST to participate in the pregame activities and be ready for kickoff.
• Due to the large crowd and additional security, fans should allow themselves additional time to get into the stadium
• Saturday’s game is sold out. The Texans advise any fans who are still looking for tickets on the re-sale market to utilize the NFL Ticket Exchange powered by Ticketmaster.
o Only tickets acquired from team-associated outlets, including the Reliant Stadium ticket office and
Ticketmaster/Ticket Exchange, can be fully validated by the club and the NFL.
Parking Lot and Stadium Gate Information
• All non-premium parking lots will open four (4) hours prior to kickoff as with all other Texans home games. The lots will open at 11:30 a.m. CST Saturday.
• All visitors to the Houston Texans home games MUST have a Game Ticket, Tailgate Guest Ticket, or other team-issued credential to be on the Reliant Park grounds. Fans who do not have one of these items will not be allowed to enter Reliant Stadium grounds.
• Because of the later than normal kickoff time, fans will not be allowed to block the normal flow of traffic by lining up their vehicles along Kirby Dr., Main St. or other city streets before the gates open.
• All main stadium gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff as usual, meaning that they will open at 2:00 p.m. CST.
• At the recommendation of the National Football League, the Texans will implement additional security procedures at all gates on Saturday. Fans are strongly encouraged to allow an additional 15 minutes to get into the stadium.
Pregame and In-Game Entertainment
• The H-E-B Tailgater of the Game - Playoff Edition contest will take place in the Blue Lot outside Budweiser Plaza. The contest will feature six previous H-E-B Tailgater of the Year winners, including this year’s winning team, Battle Red Wagon. Judging will take place from 12:15-1:45 p.m., and the winner will be announced at 2:00 p.m.
• Exclusive playoff giveaways at every gate for all fans in attendance, including Reliant Power Towels and Kroger “Go Texans” signs.
• A card stunt which will spell out “GO TEXANS” across the entire East side lower level when the Texans take the field for introductions. All fans seated in Sections 121-132 will be involved and are encouraged to be in their seats by 3:00 p.m.
• Former Houston Oilers head coach Bum Phillips will serve as an honorary team captain and will help lead the team out of the tunnel for introductions. Award-winning actor Dennis Quaid, a Houston native, will join the team captains for the coin toss before kickoff.
• The National Anthem will be performed by Grammy Award-winning Gospel artist (and Houston native) Yolanda Adams.
• Texas native Clay Walker will perform both pregame and at halftime. Before the game, Walker will break out a special playoff-inspired rendition of “Football Time In Houston,” the unofficial Texans theme song. At halftime, he will perform a collection of his greatest hits.
• We’re taking a HUGE panoramic photo of the best fans in the NFL on Saturday at Reliant Stadium! Go to TexansCam.com to pan around the stadium, zoom into the shot and tag yourself or friends and family. Be eligible to win a prize by finding TORO in the crowd! Sign up now to be notified when the photo is LIVE.
Sorry, I don't know how to post a link from an email.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger