Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88550)

Double Barrel 01-04-2012 02:46 PM

I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
I can't believe I just bought tickets! I though they'd be too pricey or not available. But just got a Ticketmaster e-mail, so I figured that I'd just check out what I thought that I couldn't afford. It took me to an NFL Ticket Exchange website, where upper level endzone seats are available for $120 and up.

Long story short, Christmas bonus + cash gifts = 2 playoff tickets for me and my son. He's going to be floored when I tell him tonight!

Money comes and goes, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. This is our team's first playoff trip, and for it to be at Reliant, it's just too tempting to pass up. And it will be something he will remember for the rest of his life.

:fans: :texflag: :redtowel:

Playoffs 01-04-2012 02:49 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Woohoo!

Congratulations. Yell your head off!

Rey 01-04-2012 02:52 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
That's awesome DB....

I hope you and your son have a great time...

I just got married and spent a lot on the wedding and the trip....

I'm Jealous!!!!!

Hardcore Texan 01-04-2012 02:55 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Awesome DB! Have a blast!

Double Barrel 01-04-2012 02:56 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 1870438)
Woohoo!

Congratulations. Yell your head off!

Oh yeah! But only on defense!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1870442)
That's awesome DB....

I hope you and your son have a great time...

I just got married and spent a lot on the wedding and the trip....

I'm Jealous!!!!!

Thanks, man. I'm still sorta' in shock. It's a quick decision, but I figured what the heck, you only live once. Still a lot of money (to me), but it's like one of those Visa commercials: priceless.

I've worn my Texans hardhat to every game that I've been to at Reliant, so can't wait to dust it off and wear it Saturday.

rush2112mn 01-04-2012 03:04 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
congratulations....and come early and enjoy the tailgating...

FirstTexansFan 01-04-2012 03:05 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Proud for ya DB, not as proud as if it were me, but I know you and your son will represent.... if you come out of the stadium with a voice, you didn't give it your all! :)

gtexan02 01-04-2012 03:06 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
You made an excellent decision, and I am insanely jealous!

If I didn't live so far away, I'd be there in a heartbeat

Double Barrel 01-04-2012 03:07 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 1870447)
Awesome DB! Have a blast!

Thanks, man! We will have a blast, without a doubt. I can't wait to tell my boy tonight. I think I'm going to razz him a little. Tell him that we can't watch the game at home first before giving him the good news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rush2112mn (Post 1870458)
congratulations....and come early and enjoy the tailgating...

Thanks, man-with-a-great-name (I'm a huge Rush fan)!

I will definitely come hang with many of my Texans friends before the game. And without a doubt, I will be in my seat by the national anthem. I want to absorb every second of this game.

Double Barrel 01-04-2012 03:10 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan (Post 1870460)
Proud for ya DB, not as proud as if it were me, but I know you and your son will represent.... if you come out of the stadium with a voice, you didn't give it your all! :)

Thanks, bro'! Voice will be gone by 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Of that I am certain. I ended up talking my best buddy, Jungle Bob, into a ticket, as well. We will be up in Gridiron, Tx, but definitely a part of the 70,000+ strong 12th man for our team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 1870463)
You made an excellent decision, and I am insanely jealous!

If I didn't live so far away, I'd be there in a heartbeat

Thanks, gt! I'm having a hard time working now. I've got to focus on my job, but it's not often that you can get so excited about something as an adult. It's like a kid a Christmas, it can't get here soon enough, y'know!

Say Watt 01-04-2012 03:19 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Awesome bro!! So happy for you! I was able to buy a single ticket from ticketmaster right when they went on sale and am down in 115. Don't care that I am sitting by myself. I am stoked!!!

gtexan02 01-04-2012 03:19 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1870466)


Thanks, gt! I'm having a hard time working now. I've got to focus on my job, but it's not often that you can get so excited about something as an adult. It's like a kid a Christmas, it can't get here soon enough, y'know!

This thread has been a really bad influence on me!

I just checked flights and I could fly in to Houston on Friday evening from Boston and go back on Sunday all for $180 round trip. If there are tickets available in the $100s...

Someone convince me not to do it!

Double Barrel 01-04-2012 03:24 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Watt (Post 1870477)
Awesome bro!! So happy for you! I was able to buy a single ticket from ticketmaster right when they went on sale and am down in 115. Don't care that I am sitting by myself. I am stoked!!!

Awesome, man! I have been so tempted to buy a single seat, but I hated the thought of my boy at home alone watching the game. Fortunately, I got the magic e-mail! lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 1870478)
This thread has been a really bad influence on me!

I just checked flights and I could fly in to Houston on Friday evening from Boston and go back on Sunday all for $180 round trip. If there are tickets available in the $100s...

Someone convince me not to do it!

http://www.mudtrap.com/images/ben-stiller.gif

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/nfl/

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, MY MAN!

Texan_Bill 01-04-2012 03:28 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1870432)
I can't believe I just bought tickets! I though they'd be too pricey or not available. But just got a Ticketmaster e-mail, so I figured that I'd just check out what I thought that I couldn't afford. It took me to an NFL Ticket Exchange website, where upper level endzone seats are available for $120 and up.

Long story short, Christmas bonus + cash gifts = 2 playoff tickets for me and my son. He's going to be floored when I tell him tonight!

Money comes and goes, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. This is our team's first playoff trip, and for it to be at Reliant, it's just too tempting to pass up. And it will be something he will remember for the rest of his life.

:fans: :texflag: :redtowel:

Right on DB!!! Congrats man!

texanmojo 01-04-2012 03:31 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1870432)
I can't believe I just bought tickets! I though they'd be too pricey or not available. But just got a Ticketmaster e-mail, so I figured that I'd just check out what I thought that I couldn't afford. It took me to an NFL Ticket Exchange website, where upper level endzone seats are available for $120 and up.

Long story short, Christmas bonus + cash gifts = 2 playoff tickets for me and my son. He's going to be floored when I tell him tonight!

Money comes and goes, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. This is our team's first playoff trip, and for it to be at Reliant, it's just too tempting to pass up. And it will be something he will remember for the rest of his life.

:fans: :texflag: :redtowel:

Cool! Just no "Love ya Steel Blue" stuff...ok? j/k!!!

76Texan 01-04-2012 03:33 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1870464)
Thanks, man! We will have a blast, without a doubt. I can't wait to tell my boy tonight. I think I'm going to razz him a little. Tell him that we can't watch the game at home first before giving him the good news.



Thanks, man-with-a-great-name (I'm a huge Rush fan)!

I will definitely come hang with many of my Texans friends before the game. And without a doubt, I will be in my seat by the national anthem. I want to absorb every second of this game.

LOL, Nice! :clap:

Hopefully, I can see you at the tailgate and you can tell us what his reaction is.

Yankee_In_TX 01-04-2012 03:36 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
I hope we will see DB at the tailgate and would love to meet g as well!

Double Barrel 01-04-2012 03:37 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1870485)
Right on DB!!! Congrats man!

Right on, man! We will crash the Blue Crew! Of course, y'all are so open to fellow fans that nobody really crashes your tailgate. :fans:

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanmojo.com (Post 1870489)
Cool! Just no "Love ya Steel Blue" stuff...ok? j/k!!!

lol! I hear ya'. Nope, I will be wearing my jersey and hard hat. Will keep my Gridiron, Tx shirt for under my jersey. Gotta' represent!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 1870491)
LOL, Nice! :clap:

Hopefully, I can see you at the tailgate and you can tell us what his reaction is.

Cool, man! I look forward to meeting you there. :)

hobie 01-04-2012 03:38 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
You know you have an open invitation to come by our tailgate... would be nice to see you again !! Glad to hear you are going to make it to the game !!

SheTexan 01-04-2012 04:35 PM

Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!
 
LOL!! You KNOW how I feel DB!! Can't wait to see ya there, and your boy!! Is this the one who looks like he could be our next probowl linebacker?? Better tell him outside cause he just might blow the roof off your house!!:)

Gonna be a GREAT day at Reliant!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger