Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88525)

TexanSam 01-03-2012 09:50 PM

Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
This is from his twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/ArianFoster/s...04148996087808
Quote:

The masses seem to be going with Hakeem's #dreamshake. If I get the honor of gracing the endzone, I will pay homage to the Houston legend.
That would sweet!

Kimmy 01-03-2012 09:56 PM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
No way, stick with what works, do NOT get gimmicky. This is the first I've equated Arian with gimmick. #Namastealltheway

Naiirb 01-03-2012 10:01 PM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
Thats only if the Rockets beat the Lakers tonight

ThaShark316 01-03-2012 10:24 PM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
A twitter follower made a bet with him...don't get too bent out of shape, Texan fans.

TimeKiller 01-04-2012 08:25 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
As long as he only does it once, I'm good with it. The bow is perfect.

drunkcookie 01-04-2012 08:28 AM

The Dream is a Houston legend, NBA legend at that, but I'm a Spurs fan so i guess it wouldn't mean much to me.... Maybe instead he can do a Ginobili Flop, or a Duncan arms-out-charging-ref-with-"what kind of call was that"-face-complaint... Or just hold up four fingers and spur an imaginary horse...

Better yet, do the Nolan Ryan Ventura beatdown, who cares if it happened in Arlington, S. Ok...

TEXANRED 01-04-2012 08:55 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
Just as long as he does it correctly.

Texan_Bill 01-04-2012 09:01 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
Personally I think Arian should re-enact the "Bamboozling" of David Robinson in the Western Conference finals. Fake the shake and then up and under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc02Z4-0wDM

rush2112mn 01-04-2012 09:09 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
I like em both....hell do the bamboozle one td and the dream shake the next td.....

Ktexan68 01-04-2012 09:11 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
We lost last night so it's moot.

Texan_Bill 01-04-2012 09:12 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktexan68 (Post 1870123)
We lost last night so it's moot.

Hakeem is never "moot".

Thorn 01-04-2012 09:30 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
Most end zone celibrations are silly. Stick with the bow or spiking the ball, it's short and quick.

Dread-Head 01-04-2012 10:08 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeKiller (Post 1870097)
As long as he only does it once, I'm good with it. The bow is perfect.

Agreed. His homage to the game of football AND the fans. It's classic like that guy who played for the Broncos and the end zone salute...

Double Barrel 01-04-2012 10:16 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
He should honor the greatest running back in Houston history. Do what Earl did and just hand the ball to the referee. #actlikeyouvebeentherebefore

michaelm 01-04-2012 10:18 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkcookie (Post 1870099)
The Dream is a Houston legend, NBA legend at that, but I'm a Spurs fan so i guess it wouldn't mean much to me.... Maybe instead he can do a Ginobili Flop, or a Duncan arms-out-charging-ref-with-"what kind of call was that"-face-complaint... Or just hold up four fingers and spur an imaginary horse...

Better yet, do the Nolan Ryan Ventura beatdown, who cares if it happened in Arlington, S. Ok...

As to the bolded... let me help it mean something to you (this is a MUST WATCH):

http://youtu.be/hW4uXlRGAF0


:)

GP 01-04-2012 10:30 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
When a player is already thinking about what TD dance he will do, it's a sign that he's not focusing on the job that he does BEFORE the TD is scored.

Chad Johnson got so caught up in dreaming up his celebrations that he forgot how to play WR in the NFL.

Personally, I just want Arian Foster to forget the shenanigans and think only of the little things that matter...his vision for seams, cutback lanes, balance, agility, speed, ball protection, pass protection for the QB when needed, his hands when he's catching the ball, etc. Him mentioning what TD dance he might do on Saturday? Showing his immaturity (again), IMO.

Double Barrel 01-04-2012 10:36 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 1870182)
When a player is already thinking about what TD dance he will do, it's a sign that he's not focusing on the job that he does BEFORE the TD is scored.

Chad Johnson got so caught up in dreaming up his celebrations that he forgot how to play WR in the NFL.

Personally, I just want Arian Foster to forget the shenanigans and think only of the little things that matter...his vision for seams, cutback lanes, balance, agility, speed, ball protection, pass protection for the QB when needed, his hands when he's catching the ball, etc. Him mentioning what TD dance he might do on Saturday? Showing his immaturity (again), IMO.

I know we've had our differences of opinion about Arian this season, but on this one I agree with you 100%. TD celebrations should be the last thing on his mind.

Some of the greatest RB's in NFL history did not celebrate. Earl, Sweetness, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, the list goes on of HoF running backs that acted like they've been there before....

Sorry, Arian, I've got your back most of the time, but on this one, just score and score often. Celebrate the win, not the score.

Kimmy 01-04-2012 10:40 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 1870182)
When a player is already thinking about what TD dance he will do, it's a sign that he's not focusing on the job that he does BEFORE the TD is scored.

Chad Johnson got so caught up in dreaming up his celebrations that he forgot how to play WR in the NFL.

Personally, I just want Arian Foster to forget the shenanigans and think only of the little things that matter...his vision for seams, cutback lanes, balance, agility, speed, ball protection, pass protection for the QB when needed, his hands when he's catching the ball, etc. Him mentioning what TD dance he might do on Saturday? Showing his immaturity (again), IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1870189)
I know we've had our differences of opinion about Arian this season, but on this one I agree with you 100%. TD celebrations should be the last thing on his mind.

Some of the greatest RB's in NFL history did not celebrate. Earl, Sweetness, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, the list goes on of HoF running backs that acted like they've been there before....

Sorry, Arian, I've got your back most of the time, but on this one, just score and score often. Celebrate the win, not the score.

I agree with both of you.

drunkcookie 01-04-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 1870182)
When a player is already thinking about what TD dance he will do, it's a sign that he's not focusing on the job that he does BEFORE the TD is scored.

Chad Johnson got so caught up in dreaming up his celebrations that he forgot how to play WR in the NFL.

Personally, I just want Arian Foster to forget the shenanigans and think only of the little things that matter...his vision for seams, cutback lanes, balance, agility, speed, ball protection, pass protection for the QB when needed, his hands when he's catching the ball, etc. Him mentioning what TD dance he might do on Saturday? Showing his immaturity (again), IMO.

You could be right, but Cinco and Foster are two different species...

Cinco was known more for his TD celebrations etc... than his play on the field... Sure, everyone knows how Foster "celebrates", but it hasn't taken on a life of its own...

Cinco's celebrations were more about himself and his ego, and reflected himself and his ego... Hell, he legally changed his name to the spanish translation of his football number... Foster's celebration on the other hand was going to be dedicated to Houston... I think it came from a better place...

But i agree with immature, no need to go national (Twitter) with BB material, and to add pressure to yourself..

Vinnie 01-04-2012 10:58 AM

Re: Arian Foster endzone dance on Saturday!
 
It's cool by me as long as he doesn't pull his hammy while at it and that he does it at least three or four times. :evil:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger