Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   A look ahead to next years schedule (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88312)

srrono 12-28-2011 01:58 PM

A look ahead to next years schedule

The link below has HOU projected schedule thru 2017
http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcs.htm

IME DISCLAIMER: BEYOND 2011 THIS IS A PROJECTED SCHEDULE BASED ON PRIOR YEARS!!! The NFL has announced the schedule rotation only through 2011 The schedule below assumes they will follow the same rotation pattern through 2017; they may not follow the same pattern!

HOME
BUF
MIA
GB
MIN
AFC NORTH

AWAY
NE
NYJ
CHI
DET
AFC WEST

Craig. 12-28-2011 02:00 PM

Re: A look ahead to next years schedule

We'll see how good they are. Damn that looks tough.

Kimmy 12-28-2011 02:03 PM

Yep, it's a 'careful what you wish for' schedule. Playoffs = tough following schedule.

And LOTS of nationally televised games :/

TejasTom 12-28-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmy (Post 1865662)
Yep, it's a 'careful what you wish for' schedule. Playoffs = tough following schedule.

Where you finish in the division only accounts for 2 games but that can be the difference.

ThaShark316 12-28-2011 02:18 PM

Let me clarify right away that it's early.

JAX, IND, TEN won't be better than us. :kitten:

MIA - We own them
BUF - That spread O got figured out, might lose their best WR (Johnson)
NYJ - Sanchez has regressed/That D ain't scary no more
NE - Tough

PIT/BAL - Tough
DEN/OAK - Oakland will be good, but they kind of mortgaged the future. Not sure about Denver.

MIN - Rebuilding
DET - Tough (turkey day game likely)
GB - Tough (SNF game potential)
CHI - Forte likely gone, Defense a year older

I see the same amount of tough games we had this year. We went 3-2 vs. teams CURRENTLY in the postseason.

Gimme 10-6 at worse. We won't have those same injuries like this year. Don't overrate the schedule, fam.

Thorn 12-28-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 1865668)
Let me clarify right away that it's early.

JAX, IND, TEN won't be better than us. :kitten:

MIA - We own them
BUF - That spread O got figured out, might lose their best WR (Johnson)
NYJ - Sanchez has regressed/That D ain't scary no more
NE - Tough

PIT/BAL - Tough
DEN/OAK - Oakland will be good, but they kind of mortgaged the future. Not sure about Denver.

MIN - Rebuilding
DET - Tough (turkey day game likely)
GB - Tough (SNF game potential)
CHI - Forte likely gone, Defense a year older

I see the same amount of tough games we had this year. We went 3-2 vs. teams CURRENTLY in the postseason.

Gimme 10-6 at worse. We won't have those same injuries like this year. Don't overrate the schedule, fam.

Predicting anything before offseason free agency and the draft probably isn't worth the time. But we all do it anyway. LOL. Looking at that schedule, and given Wade Phillips comes back and Schaub and AJ stay healthy AND we get ourselves another WR, I can see 12 wins against a tough as nails schedule.

Take Wade away from us and throw in a few injuries and a bad draft, and we could be looking at a 4 to 6 win season.

Texan_Bill 12-28-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 1865698)
Predicting anything before offseason free agency and the draft probably isn't worth the time. But we all do it anyway. LOL. Looking at that schedule, and given Wade Phillips comes back and Schaub and AJ stay healthy AND we get ourselves another WR, I can see 12 wins against a tough as nails schedule.

Take Wade away from us and throw in a few injuries and a bad draft, and we could be looking at a 4 to 6 win season.

I think you need to worry about getting through the rest of this season and offseason before worrying about next year. You're no spring chicken.

Thorn 12-28-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1865703)
I think you need to worry about getting through the rest of this season and offseason before worrying about next year. You're no spring chicken.

A chicken with a fuctional pecker is better than a 4-12 season.

Texan_Bill 12-28-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 1865708)
A chicken with a fuctional pecker is better than a 4-12 season.

:spit: Nicely done! :clap:

Ryan 12-28-2011 05:09 PM

A very early look at it makes it look like a 6-2 or 7-1 home schedule, we just gotta find a way to win 3 or 4 of those road games.

disaacks3 12-28-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig. (Post 1865660)
We'll see how good they are. Damn that looks tough.

That road schedule is brutal.

Ryan 12-28-2011 05:46 PM

The good news, other than the matchups with the 1st place winner from the AFC North and AFC West, our division opponents have the same opponents. Not gonna be easy for anybody. 9 wins could take the division next year, but obviously the Colts or someone in our division could take a huge leap forward.

htowntexans1985 12-28-2011 09:55 PM

God, I'm not looking forward to seeing all those cheeseheads in Reliant. Almost as bad as those terrible towels.:toropalm:

GuerillaBlack 12-28-2011 10:39 PM

Detroit is going to be a Thanksgiving game. I'm hoping it is. GB, NE, and the Jets are other games I think could be in primetime.

EllisUnit 12-29-2011 07:47 AM

shit we will have a healthy Schaub, AJ, possibly Mario. We will dominate those scrub ass teams :polevault:

Hervoyel 12-29-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 (Post 1865834)
God, I'm not looking forward to seeing all those cheeseheads in Reliant. Almost as bad as those terrible towels.:toropalm:

And it will be even worse after we upset them in the Super Bowl this year.

:koolaid:

Naiirb 12-30-2011 07:01 PM

According to this article the Thanksgiving game in Detroit will either be Houston or Indy. http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs...=2011112300413

Quote:

"Coming to Ford Field next season will be St. Louis, Seattle, Houston, Indianapolis and Atlanta.

The Thanksgiving Day game will be against either Houston or Indianapolis"
With the season we had and the Colts/Peyton's future up in the air I have to think we pretty much have a Thanksgiving game locked up next season.

ObsiWan 12-30-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 1865659)
The link below has HOU projected schedule thru 2017
http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcs.htm

IME DISCLAIMER: BEYOND 2011 THIS IS A PROJECTED SCHEDULE BASED ON PRIOR YEARS!!! The NFL has announced the schedule rotation only through 2011 The schedule below assumes they will follow the same rotation pattern through 2017; they may not follow the same pattern!

HOME
BUF
MIA
GB
MIN
AFC NORTH

AWAY
NE
NYJ
CHI
DET
AFC WEST

Are you sure about that one? Or did you mean the NFC North. We played the AFC North (CLE, CIN, PIT, BAL) this season. I didn't think we played the same division in successive seasons.

TexansLucky13 12-30-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 1866789)
Are you sure about that one? Or did you mean the NFC North. We played the AFC North (CLE, CIN, PIT, BAL) this season. I didn't think we played the same division in successive seasons.

I believe that is the slot reserved for the team that takes that division, not the whole division. Both of those divisions are still up in there air.

MistaRed 12-30-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naiirb (Post 1866783)
According to this article the Thanksgiving game in Detroit will either be Houston or Indy. http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs...=2011112300413

With the season we had and the Colts/Peyton's future up in the air I have to think we pretty much have a Thanksgiving game locked up next season.

Yeah I think it's between us and Atlanta.