Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88245)

gary 12-25-2011 01:57 PM

Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

That is just all there is to it IMHO. What do you say?

redwhiteANDblue 12-25-2011 02:01 PM

Re: Wade IS More Valuable Than Kubiak

That's like saying gold is more valuable than a toliet bowl

Carr Bombed 12-25-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue (Post 1864276)
That's like saying gold is more valuable than a toilet bowl

Depending on what hairy situation you find yourself stuck in....a toilet bowl is more valuable than gold. :gun: A toilet bowl can be the most valuable thing on earth. :vincepalm:

ThaShark316 12-25-2011 02:23 PM

Here's to hoping Arian Foster puts up 800 yards in 4 Jan./Feb. games...

Nah, we'd still have threads like this. Never mind.

Carr Bombed 12-25-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 1864280)
Here's to hoping Arian Foster puts up 800 yards in 4 Jan./Feb. games...

Nah, we'd still have threads like this. Never mind.

So you think Kubiak is more valuable than Wade? There is nothing wrong with this thread, because it speaks the truth.

ThaShark316 12-25-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 1864282)
So you think Kubiak is more valuable than Wade? There is nothing wrong with this thread, because it speaks the truth.

I think they are both valuable, to be honest. http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/fbj4fb.jpg.png

DBCooper 12-25-2011 02:40 PM

I thought garys were supposed to stick together?

Alright, your hot chick privileges are being revoked.

Carr Bombed 12-25-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 1864284)
I think they are both valuable, to be honest. http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/fbj4fb.jpg.png

Head coaches who have a less than .500 career winning % are easily replaceable. Defensive coordinators who can take a historically bad defense and turn it into one of the top units in the league without even having a offseason are not.

ThaShark316 12-25-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 1864286)
Head coaches who have a less than .500 career winning % are easily replaceable. Defensive coordinators who can take a historically bad defense and turn it into one of the top units in the league without even having a offseason are not.

Helps when the GM went out and got 2 studs in free agency. Or was Wade Phillips in charge of that, too?

Carr Bombed 12-25-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 1864287)
Helps when the GM went out and got 2 studs in free agency. Or was Wade Phillips in charge of that, too?

Wade was in charge of the draft....that was his draft and he was the overseer on what type of players he wanted to play in his system so I'm pretty sure he had a big say on the matter. He wanted Aldon Smith (who's a absolute beast for SF) 1st and when he was gone he wanted J.J. Watt (who's another absolute beast) and while he was in Dallas he veiwed Glover Quin as a good safety prospect (not as a corner)....so the man knows defensive talent and where to stick players to give them the best opportunity for success.

ThaShark316 12-25-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 1864291)
Wade was in charge of the draft....that was his draft and he was the overseer on what type of players he wanted to play in his system so I'm pretty sure he had a big say on the matter. He wanted Aldon Smith (who's a absolute beast for SF) 1st and when he was gone he wanted J.J. Watt (who's another absolute beast) and while he was in Dallas he veiwed Glover Quin as a good safety prospect (not as a corner)....so the man knows defensive talent and where to stick players to give them the best opportunity for success.

Texans Talk fam...

When Bob McNair says his "thank yous" after we win the super bowl, he'll just say "I wanna thank Wade Phillips"...and the speech is over. :kitten:

redwhiteANDblue 12-25-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 1864277)
Depending on what hairy situation you find yourself stuck in....a toilet bowl is more valuable than gold. :gun: A toilet bowl can be the most valuable thing on earth. :vincepalm:

Well with gold you could buy 50 toliet bowls lol

Playoffs 12-25-2011 03:10 PM

I disagree.

I think both Wade and Gary are top 5 defensive and offensive coaches, respectively.

Gary is no shout & holler head coach -- but neither were Chuck Noll or Tom Landry.

steelbtexan 12-25-2011 03:16 PM

Facts are Facts

Gary has never won a meaningful game as a HC without Wade in his life.

5 seasons + 2 games and counting.

Did the Wade Smith signing last yr not count as a meaningful FA signing? Rackers?

Gary still sucks at his job after all these yrs. Think we could turn this into a song.

ThaShark316 12-25-2011 03:18 PM

Phillips 6 yard pass to Phillips (Phillips PAT)

Phillips 20, Bengals 19. :brando:

Carr Bombed 12-25-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 1864299)

That's cute...

If you want to bury your head in the sand and discredit the impact that Wade has had on this team, then by all means...proceed paddling that canoe on down Da Nile.

Carr Bombed 12-25-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asleep (Post 1864294)
I disagree.

I think both Wade and Gary are top 5 defensive and offensive coaches, respectively.

Gary is no shout & holler head coach -- but neither were Chuck Noll or Tom Landry.

There's something else Gary Kubiak is not....... Chuck Noll or Tom Landry.

ThaShark316 12-25-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 1864301)
That's cute...

If you want to bury your head in the sand and discredit the impact that Wade has had on this team, then by all means...proceed paddling that canoe on down Da Nile.

Tell me where I discredited Wade. Don't worry, I'll wait. I say both coaches are valuable, and that, somehow = discrediting Wade.

Ahh, Texan fans...always going full Aggie on me.

Lucky 12-25-2011 03:39 PM

Gary and Wade will be here for the foreseeable future. All is well, FKC and Sunshine.

steelbtexan 12-25-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 1864299)

Again, that would be 0 meaningfull wins. That's a nice round number.

As a Head Coach (leader of an entire team, or atleast I thought that's what a HC's responsibilities were) Gary is terrible at his job. That's after 5 yrs and 2 games and counting.

Nice try to distort with the Phillips to Phillips thingy.