Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Locked into Seed #3 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88115)

Sigma 12-20-2011 04:06 PM

Locked into Seed #3

hi to everyone
I'm a Texans fan since last year, I am Italian and I discovered I liked American Football only last year :D

I have a question, after week 14 Texans were seed #1 tied with the Ravens but on top of them thanks to the tiebreaking procedures.
After week 15 both Ravens and Texans lost against a NFC team.

But now, even with the same record (10-4) the Ravens are the ones on top.

How is it possible?

Thank everyone for the help.

Go Texans! :D

ChrisG 12-20-2011 04:10 PM

Re: Seed #3

NFL tiebreaker rules are very confusing. But I believe it was becuase we were in a three way tie so it goes to your conference record. Since we are in a two-way tie (doesn't count Steelers because they are in the wild card slot) and Balt beat us this year we are below them

Sigma 12-20-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisG (Post 1860413)
NFL tiebreaker rules are very confusing. But I believe it was becuase we were in a three way tie so it goes to your conference record. Since we are in a two-way tie and Balt beat us this year we are below them

thank you very much :D

Sigma 12-20-2011 04:19 PM

so I guess I should root for Cincinnati in week 17 and for the steelers to win their division ;D

paycheck71 12-20-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigma (Post 1860422)
so I guess I should root for Cincinnati in week 17 and for the steelers to win their division ;D

You can check here to see what results benefit the Texans the most.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/texansmig.html

Welcome to the board!

TheCD 12-20-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigma (Post 1860410)
hi to everyone
I'm a Texans fan since last year, I am Italian and I discovered I liked American Football only last year :D

I have a question, after week 14 Texans were seed #1 tied with the Ravens but on top of them thanks to the tiebreaking procedures.
After week 15 both Ravens and Texans lost against a NFC team.

But now, even with the same record (10-4) the Ravens are the ones on top.

How is it possible?

Thank everyone for the help.

Go Texans! :D

Welcome to the boards! It's great to meet new fans. Out of curiosity, what attracted you to the Texans? Just wondering, because I would guess as an outsider the Texans name as a team would seem kind of pompous.

TexansBull 12-20-2011 06:10 PM

Did anyone else hear an italian guy start talking in there head as they were reading this as soon as he said "I am italian" or was I the only one?

GP 12-20-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansBull (Post 1860480)
Did anyone else hear an italian guy start talking in there head as they were reading this as soon as he said "I am italian" or was I the only one?

raises hand.....

TejasTom 12-20-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Yes, it had a hint of French but mostly Italian.

ObsiWan 12-20-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 1860510)
raises hand.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by TejasTom (Post 1860555)
Yes, it had a hint of French but mostly Italian.

you guys are weird
when I think Italian, this
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...YdZ-_cRFyGgQ2Q
is what pops into my head
:D

Texn4life 12-21-2011 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 1860625)
you guys are weird
when I think Italian, this
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...YdZ-_cRFyGgQ2Q
is what pops into my head
:D

When I think Italian I picture lasagna and spaghetti. Sorry, but I like to eat.

Sigma 12-21-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 1860671)
When I think Italian I picture lasagna and spaghetti. Sorry, but I like to eat.

HAHAHAHA I totally agree with you!

thanks to everyone for the welcome :D

first of all I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm from the northern part of Italy (near venice) so probably the little italian voice in your heads is different from mine, that is because America's idea of Italians is mainly derived from the southern part of the country

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCD (Post 1860459)
Welcome to the boards! It's great to meet new fans. Out of curiosity, what attracted you to the Texans? Just wondering, because I would guess as an outsider the Texans name as a team would seem kind of pompous.

This question has a very strange answer:
I discovered I like Football last year when I saw the SB (colts vs saints)
Then I decided I wanted to follow the regular season, for my luck it was already october so the season (2010-2011) was at the beginning (week 5)

I went to wikipedia and I opened the pages of every team in the NFL

Then more or less at random I closed the tabs of the teams that did not impressed me, for stupid reasons like the symbol or the color of the uniform

Actually there was a lot of randomness :D

Then with the few teams left I readed some news on the wiki page, in the end there were left only Bengals, Ravens and Texans

Finally I choose the texans because I was born in 4-27 so I'm a Taurus like Toro the mascotte (april-born Taurus like me), also Toro in Italian is the word for Bull/Taurus...

The first Texans game I watched was the 2010-2011 week 2 come back win against washington, that is as today one of the most exciting games I've seen

I hope you like my little story of how I became a Texans' fan :D

Texas T 12-21-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigma (Post 1860679)

first of all I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm from the northern part of Italy (near venice) so probably the little italian voice in your heads is different from mine, that is because America's idea of Italians is mainly derived from the southern part of the country

Then I decided I wanted to follow the regular season, for my luck it was already october so the season (2010-2011) was at the beginning (week 5)

Then more or less at random I closed the tabs of the teams that did not impressed me, for stupid reasons like the symbol or the color of the uniform

Then with the few teams left I readed some news on the wiki page, in the end there were left only Bengals, Ravens and Texans

Finally I choose the texans because I was born in 4-27 so I'm a Taurus like Toro the mascotte (april-born Taurus like me), also Toro in Italian is the word for Bull/Taurus...

The first Texans game I watched was the 2010-2011 week 2 come back win against washington, that is as today one of the most exciting games I've seen

First a hardy welcome to you.

Second, where do you live? I am in the Air Force and was stationed at Aviano from 1993-1996. It's where I met my wife (also in the Air Force at the time). I lived in Porcia near Pordenone.

I will say that Northern Italy is my favorite place to be. We've even discussed retiring there.

Again welcome.

Also, I was at that Washington game, it was my first live Texans game.

Speedy 12-21-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigma (Post 1860422)

New England needs to lose one and if the Texans win out, they will be the 1 seed no matter what Baltimore or Pittsburgh does.

76Texan 12-21-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

That's a nice little story.
Welcome to the board.

I'm also a Taurus, BTW (by the way).

Sigma 12-21-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas T (Post 1860682)
First a hardy welcome to you.

Second, where do you live? I am in the Air Force and was stationed at Aviano from 1993-1996. It's where I met my wife (also in the Air Force at the time). I lived in Porcia near Pordenone.

I will say that Northern Italy is my favorite place to be. We've even discussed retiring there.

Again welcome.

Also, I was at that Washington game, it was my first live Texans game.

I live in Cittadella, little city north of Padua, the name means Citadel and it has walls and a moat all around the historical center that has medioeval origins (pretty cool huh?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 1860710)
That's a nice little story.
Welcome to the board.

I'm also a Taurus, BTW (by the way).

thanks to you also oh and FYI I know what BTW means :D

hahaha you made me laugh :)

sadly here in italy english is not that common between people so I still have some problems, I hope to find some English speaking country for my PhD so I can improve

Again thanks to all of you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 1860686)
New England needs to lose one and if the Texans win out, they will be the 1 seed no matter what Baltimore or Pittsburgh does.

Oh, I did not noticed that... Good :)

Kimmy 12-21-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigma (Post 1860798)
I live in Cittadella, little city north of Padua, the name means Citadel and it has walls and a moat all around the historical center that has medioeval origins (pretty cool huh?)

thanks to you also oh and FYI I know what BTW means :D

hahaha you made me laugh :)

sadly here in italy english is not that common between people so I still have some problems, I hope to find some English speaking country for my PhD so I can improve

Again thanks to all of you :)

Oh, I did not noticed that... Good :)

Hopefully I'm getting Rosetta Stone Italian for Christmas. I'll speak English with you if you speak Italian with me!

Going back to Italy 10/2012

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Sigma 12-21-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmy (Post 1860826)
Hopefully I'm getting Rosetta Stone Italian for Christmas. I'll speak English with you if you speak Italian with me!

Going back to Italy 10/2012

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk

well if u need to practice I'm happy to help, but if you prefere english I'm fine with that :D

I think is a very simple language that is the best thing for a 'science person' like me, and it is not too hard like german or too sweet like french (no offense :P )

TexansBull 12-21-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Good story. You got to see the awesomeness of Andre Johnson and the catch and Ali-esque celebration afterwards. Gosh I miss watching him play. I don't have the picture on my phone , but I feel someone should post it.

I am not cultured or worldly enough to know the difference in accents in Italians. I just hear the bad sterotypical "that's a spicy meatball!" Sorry and no offense.

Blake 12-21-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Thats awesome! I think I will pick a soccer club to follow the same way! Any suggestions?