Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Carolina Panthers @ Houston Texans. 12/18. 12 CST. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread** (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88034)

Thorn 12-18-2011 07:29 AM

Carolina Panthers @ Houston Texans. 12/18. 12 CST. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

This is not a good sign folks, where is it?

TejasTom 12-18-2011 07:34 AM

Re: where is our game day thread????

Someone must have had a Christmas party last night.

Thorn 12-18-2011 07:38 AM

Re: Carolina Panthers @ Houston Texans. 12/18. 12 CST. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread

You changed my thread title! Dude, the last time I did a game day thread, we lost. So i never did one again. You better hope all the Texans curses have been lifted. :smiliepalm:

:lol:

Lucky 12-18-2011 07:40 AM

Re: Carolina Panthers @ Houston Texans. 12/18. 12 CST. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 1857957)
You changed my thread title! Dude, the last time I did a game day thread, we lost. So i never did one again. You better hope all the Texans curses have been lifted. :smiliepalm:

:lol:

Have a little faith in yourself, Thorn. Remember our motto...

YES WE CAN! :texflag:

Thorn 12-18-2011 07:43 AM

Well, all right then.

GO TEXANS!!!!

:logo:

TejasTom 12-18-2011 07:44 AM

Next man, coach, fan, thread up!

Go Texans!

Old School 12-18-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1857958)
Have a little faith in yourself, Thorn. Remember our motto...

YES WE CAN! :texflag:

In Thorns case I thought "Yes we can" referred to the next round of drinks.

Thorn 12-18-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old School (Post 1857961)
In Thorns case I thought "Yes we can" referred to the next round of drinks.

Which just might happen today. I have Monday off, so I can actually drink beer this Sunday. Let's beat those kittens! :texflag:

Lucky 12-18-2011 08:07 AM

Quick Take from NFL.com

Quote:

Texans aim to keep pace with AFC's elite

Why to watch
The Texans secured the AFC South (playoff picture), but surely want to retain a top-two seed, with Baltimore, New England and Pittsburgh also with 10 wins already. With all of the injuries they have suffered, however, it's easy to wonder if Houston starts to rest some workhorses down the stretch.
Inside story
Cam Newton has taken a step back in ball protection the past few weeks, and his poor decisions with the ball keyed Atlanta's comeback win a week ago. Teams have taken away more of the deep stuff to Steve Smith as well. T.J. Yates comes in sky high after marshalling a few Tebow-esque drives in Cincy last week to secure the division title. Arian Foster is averaging just 3.2 yards per carry in the last three weeks -- Ben Tate looks fresher -- and has also lost his first two fumbles of the year in that span. Expect Andre Johnson to rest that hamstring another week.
Texans lead the series 2-0 over the Panthers.

axman40 12-18-2011 08:19 AM

The home field should be rocking today!
:texflag:

Kimmy 12-18-2011 08:44 AM

I have to work today, so will not be at the game :( GO TEXANS!

CloakNNNdagger 12-18-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1857971)
Quick Take from NFL.com

I hope that this gives no one on the Texans any solace going into this game. The past as a prediction from one season to another is essentially worthless.

As far as our running game, Arian is best when there are widely open holes there for him. Tate has an increased tendency to be able to make those hole and take it through traffic. He of course uncharacteristically did fumble twice in that game. But, I have to say that our Oline probably has something to do with all of the above. Whether due to injuries or not, they have not looked to me like the crisp and virtually flawless Oline of mid-season. If that doesn't straighten up, I'm afraid that we will feel the adverse impact by the first game of the post-season.

Kimmy 12-18-2011 08:52 AM

Is anyone going to Bubbas to watch today?

CloakNNNdagger 12-18-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1857971)
Quick Take from NFL.com

Quote:

Texans aim to keep pace with AFC's elite

Why to watch

The Texans secured the AFC South (playoff picture), but surely want to retain a top-two seed, with Baltimore, New England and Pittsburgh also with 10 wins already. With all of the injuries they have suffered, however, it's easy to wonder if Houston starts to rest some workhorses down the stretch.
Inside story

Cam Newton has taken a step back in ball protection the past few weeks, and his poor decisions with the ball keyed Atlanta's comeback win a week ago. Teams have taken away more of the deep stuff to Steve Smith as well. T.J. Yates comes in sky high after marshalling a few Tebow-esque drives in Cincy last week to secure the division title. Arian Foster is averaging just 3.2 yards per carry in the last three weeks -- Ben Tate looks fresher -- and has also lost his first two fumbles of the year in that span. Expect Andre Johnson to rest that hamstring another week.
Sort of wonder who wrote this up-to-date prophetic Quick Take. The "footprint" for this article shows that it was published 12/18 (today).:thinking:

False Start 12-18-2011 08:57 AM

Lets kick some ass! :jam: :texflag:

TejasTom 12-18-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmy (Post 1857988)
Is anyone going to Bubbas to watch today?

I'm going to Bob's to watch.

SAMURAITEXAN 12-18-2011 09:00 AM

Don't worry Thorn, a curse has already been lifted. We clinched division!

Go Texans!!!

False Start 12-18-2011 09:11 AM

Roof closed! The Panthers may leave Reliant deaf today. :wild:

SAMURAITEXAN 12-18-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False Start (Post 1858005)

That's gonna be very loud!!! The 12th man.

Go Texans' fans!!!
Go Texans!!!

Thorn 12-18-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False Start (Post 1858005)

** shaking finger in ear ***

Whut??

Texans will be moving on up in a historic season today, notching their 11th win. Our time has arrived. :)

:logo: