Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   You might be having a good season. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87726)

thunderkyss 12-10-2011 06:41 AM

You might be having a good season.

Quote:

Remember Jeff Foxworthy? "You might be a redneck."

I was thinking it would be funny if we had a thread that would help us Texans fans recognize a good season (since we've never seen one before), Jeff Foxworthy style.

I'll kick it off.
If it's six days after your last game & there are no threads dedicated to that guy who committed three false starts in that game (one on 4th & 1 after a time out)....

Quote:

Your turn

Grams 12-10-2011 06:45 AM

Re: You might be having a good season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1849985)
If it's six days after your last game & there are no threads dedicated to that guy who committed three false starts in that game (one on 4th & 1 after a time out)....

There are not 10 threads (or even 1) on page 1 about firing the Coach or any member of the coaching staff.

You might be having a good sesaon.

Thorn 12-10-2011 08:09 AM

When even the most pessimistic amoung us are are in good spirits, you might be having a good season.

thunderkyss 12-10-2011 08:41 AM

If you think you still have a chance to get to the Super Bowl, with a 3rd string QB (5th round pick, 1st Tarheel to start at QB in the NFL), without your best receiver, without arguably your best defensive player....

SeminoleTexan 12-10-2011 09:35 AM

When you have to do a double look at the television while watching ESPN because they actually mentioned your team for once.....you might be having a good season

GuerillaBlack 12-10-2011 09:43 AM

When you look at playoff standings when they flash up on ESPN or NFL Network, and you see the Texans are one of the "elite" teams in their conference, clearly separating themselves from the pack of mediocre teams. You see four other teams tied at 7-5 and the others with 7 or more losses. We use to be one of the teams with 7 or more losses at this time...

ObsiWan 12-10-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeminoleTexan (Post 1850035)
When you have to do a double look at the television while watching ESPN because they actually mentioned your team for once.....you might be having a good season

When your fantasy football team sucks because I have ...err YOU... have Matt Schaub, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, and J.Jones but we're not throwing the ball enough to get me ...errr YOU... 10-15 points a game... and YOU DON'T CARE!!

You might be having a good season....

TexanSam 12-10-2011 09:45 AM

When the NFL draft isn't the most exciting thing to look forward to. You might be having a good season.

GuerillaBlack 12-10-2011 09:47 AM

When everyone outside of the Houston market in Texas is crying and mad because the Texans aren't being shown on TV. And it's December...

michaelm 12-10-2011 09:48 AM

When the coach of the Cincinnati Bengals describes the upcoming game against your team as "maybe the biggest I've had in the NFL"

You might be having a good season

Runner 12-10-2011 09:54 AM

You might be having a good season if you aren't dizzy from trying to spin a bad/mediocre season into a good season.

Kaiser Toro 12-10-2011 09:59 AM

You might be having a good season if you are a 7/1 favorite to win the Super Bowl

Wolf 12-10-2011 10:04 AM

if you haven't had a thread about suing McNair for the product on the field.:peek:

Lucky 12-10-2011 10:08 AM

If your owner hasn't needed to inform the fans that his team is "On the right track".

ObsiWan 12-10-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 1850056)
You might be having a good season if you are a 7/1 favorite to win the Super Bowl

Wait... WHAT??
where did you see that?!

sorry, I was distracted...

you might be having a good season when Cowboy fans dare not give us crap about our team since our record is better than theirs and they're just a Romo-meltdown (or another Jason Garrett brainfart) away from losing their slim division lead and missing the playoffs altogether.

TexansBull 12-10-2011 11:23 AM

You might be having a good season when Cowboy fans are jumping on your bandwagon.

Grams 12-10-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 1850042)
When your fantasy football team sucks because I have ...err YOU... have Matt Schaub, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, and J.Jones but we're not throwing the ball enough to get me ...errr YOU... 10-15 points a game... and YOU DON'T CARE!!

You might be having a good season....

Or you have Matt Ryan and hoped he got negative points last week.

thunderkyss 12-10-2011 11:48 AM

If you are behind the Steelers by 2.1 yards/game for the #1 defense in the NFL (& you are #1 in scoring defense) after 12 weeks......

HJam72 12-10-2011 11:57 AM

You ARE having a good season if you are #1 on this page:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

....and high on this one:

http://beatgraphs.com/graphs.php?lea...2011&weekid=14

JGarza #70 12-10-2011 12:03 PM

You might be having a good season when:

Monday morning you wake up hoping sunday to come fast... To watch the Texans play again...