Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Kubiak Won't Rule Out Favre (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87301)

TexansFanatic 11-28-2011 05:24 PM

Kubiak Won't Rule Out Favre

Kubiak confirms Leinart done for season, won’t rule out Favre
Posted by Josh Alper on November 28, 2011, 5:00 PM EST

It came as no surprise that Texans coach Gary Kubiak confirmed quarterback Matt Leinart will miss the rest of the season during his Monday press conference.

Everyone knew that was coming. They also know that the Texans are down to T.J. Yates and Kellen Clemens at quarterback, leaving themselves awfully short at an awfully important position for the stretch run. That’s led to ruminations about veteran quarterbacks like Sage Rosenfels, Daunte Culpepper and a certain Wrangler wearing man from Mississippi.

G.M. Rick Smith seemed to stamp out any Brett Favre speculation when he said that the team didn’t want to bring the circus to town. Favre, via Peter King of NBC, also made it sound like there wasn’t much chance of a return to the NFL this season. That didn’t stop Kubiak from getting a question about Favre at his press conference. His answer wasn’t nearly as definitive.

“I don’t think you rule out anybody . . . I’m not going to rule out anybody nor confirm anybody.”

Before anyone decides to start camping out on Favre’s lawn, we should point out that Kubiak also said that the job is Yates’ right now. That means the results of next week’s game will probably have a lot to do with what course the Texans decide to follow the rest of the season. Thanks to Kubiak’s answer, Favre’s name will remain in discussion through that game even if the chances of him arriving in Houston don’t seem all that great at present.

LINK

drs23 11-28-2011 05:44 PM

Re: Kubiak Won't Rule Out Favre

Not gonna happen. NO CIRCUS! And that's exactly what it'd be. I'm going with Rick Smith on this one.

Marcus 11-28-2011 05:47 PM

What do you expect Kubiak to say?

Double Barrel 11-28-2011 05:50 PM

Farve ain't coming here or anywhere else. I think the NFL did what I expected it to do to him in the end. His only terms of surrender were for the game to take him out in action. That it did, and I think he's done and at home enjoying his real retirement.

srrono 11-28-2011 06:07 PM

Kubiak King of the middle ground comment with no substance

ObsiWan 11-28-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 1838358)
Kubiak King of the middle ground comment with no substance

I submit that title rightfully belongs to Belichick.

Jackie Chiles 11-28-2011 06:22 PM

There is certainly no evidence to suggest that Pilgrims and Native Americans were not aliens.

Double Barrel 11-28-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 1838367)
I submit that title rightfully belongs to Belichick.

He's brilliant at it. Belichick plays the media like EVH plays the guitar. I find it funny.

kiwitexansfan 11-28-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drs23 (Post 1838334)
Not gonna happen. NO CIRCUS! And that's exactly what it'd be. I'm going with Rick Smith on this one.

Nice to see Rick and Gary on the same page on this.... oh wait.

Maybe in the context that every other person who has ever held a football and propelled it forward intentionally or unintentionally, was to mysteriously die, then no we could not rule out Favre as an option.

Way to cover your bases Gary.

nut 11-28-2011 07:02 PM

We have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs. I don't want to try playing with a rookie, especially one who hasn't played all year. No way the FO does either, they are just giving the party line. If Favre is the best shot available, get him. BTW, I don't like Favre either, but I sure don't want Clemens or Yates to drown us when we have a shot at it.

Playoffs 11-28-2011 07:11 PM

Moot point -- Favre ruled Favre out.

ChampionTexan 11-28-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 1838337)
What do you expect Kubiak to say?

Uhm - how about the same thing his General Manager already said?

srrono 11-28-2011 07:20 PM

Im sure most have seen this but really funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfglmKTlL04

ObsiWan 11-28-2011 07:21 PM

The article could have just as accurately entitled: Kubiak Won't Confirm Texans are Seeking Favre.

What he did say, time and again, was that T.J.Yates IS our Starter. Also said that anyone who gets picked up will be the #2 or #3 QB.

/thread

Texecutioner 11-28-2011 07:22 PM

I'd love to bring in Favre. One of my favorite players of all time and it would be a dream to see him as a Texan if he could still play.

I think he is far to old now though, and it's way to late in the season to think that Favre could just waltz in here and be playoff ready. Boy would it be hilarious to see so many Favre bashers all of a sudden have to root for him though. That would be something to see.

TexansFanatic 11-28-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asleep (Post 1838415)
Moot point -- Favre ruled Favre out.

Yeah, he's never done that before. :winky:

burro 11-28-2011 08:22 PM

I'm a little late to this conversation, but can someone enlighten me as to how a known failbomb (complete with a media circus and a gargantuan ego) is an improvement over T.J. Yates? I think we are acting a little more desperate than we need to. Hell, why not dig up David Carr somehow? He did have a year under Kubiak's system, afterall. :sarcasm:

Chill out guys...let's not throw T.J. Yates out with the bathwater just yet, the kid may have something to show us. If he sucks, he sucks - but even if he is Ryan Leaf bad, there is no good to be had by bringing in Favre and his mobile phone.

EllisUnit 11-28-2011 08:25 PM

Really you think some people would learn, If the past tries are any indication. :kitten: Farve needs to stay retired i do not want to see him turn this quality team into the three ring circus.

TimeKiller 11-29-2011 07:33 AM

Siggy.

Mike77015 11-29-2011 07:45 AM

Made for TV in the making. Favre fired by GB then bounces around the league retires then emergency call from Houston. Favre comes in takes us to the Superbowl to play GB. It would be called the Revenge Bowl.