Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Gerhart, Desean Jackson, or Ben Tate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87183)

Hardcore Texan 11-24-2011 11:16 AM

Gerhart, Desean Jackson, or Ben Tate

Gerhart @ Atlanta
Jackson vs. Pats
Tate @ Jax

This is for my flex position. My other 2 rb's are Arian Foster and Matt Forte. My other 2 wr's are Colston and Jordy Nelson.

I am leaning towards Tate at the moment even though I am starting Foster too. Gerhart worries me a little and Jackson is questionable at the moment and has been lackluster until recently.

Thoughts?

The Pencil Neck 11-24-2011 12:15 PM

Re: Gerhart, Desean Jackson, or Ben Tate

Adrian Peterson has twisted his ankle, right? I'd tend toward Gerhart because I think he's going to have the biggest opportunity.

My second choice would be DeSean. You never know what you're going to get from him... at least recently (I rode him to a championship game a couple of years ago). He could have a huge day or he could totally disappear.

I don't know if Tate's going to have a huge day against the Jags. He might. I hope he does.

But my gut feeling is to go with Gerhart.

Dutchrudder 11-25-2011 02:24 PM

Is Maclin out? Is AP out? Probably going to be a game time decision, just watch the news.

Hardcore Texan 11-25-2011 02:31 PM

Last I heard AP is out for a couple of weeks, high ankle sprain :yikes:.

Don't know about Maclin though. Jackson has sucked all year until last week, I think VY targets him more or somehting. He could go off or go back to sucking. Bust or boom.

Tate will probably put up around 12 pts or so.

Mr. White 11-25-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 1834992)
Last I heard AP is out for a couple of weeks, high ankle sprain :yikes:.

Don't know about Maclin though. Jackson has sucked all year until last week, I think VY targets him more or somehting.

Tate will probably put up around 12 pts or so.

ATL DST is #2 against the run and they're at at home. Gerhardt's out IMO.

DJax has contract drama right now. I traded Hillis earlier in the season for the same reason. Maybe feast, maybe famine...screw it. I'd rather it be another owner's problem.

I've also got Foster, but I'm going with Tate as my flex this week. The playoffs are coming up and now is a good time to double down on the Texans run game.

Hardcore Texan 11-25-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. White (Post 1835016)
ATL DST is #2 against the run and they're at at home. Gerhardt's out IMO.

DJax has contract drama right now. I traded Hillis earlier in the season for the same reason. Maybe feast, maybe famine...screw it. I'd rather it be another owner's problem.

I've also got Foster, but I'm going with Tate as my flex this week. The playoffs are coming up and now is a good time to double down on the Texans run game.

I have been leaning towards Tate for the reasons you mentioned. I wish I would have played Tate a few times at the flex already.

Mr. White 11-25-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 1835079)
I have been leaning towards Tate for the reasons you mentioned. I wish I would have played Tate a few times at the flex already.

You and me both. The only week I've played him was week 2 when Foster was out and Ward was hurt. I keep using R. White, Fitz, Welker, Tolbert, A. Hernandez, and J. Finley at flex at one time or another. Seems like whichever one I use doesn't score while the guy I bench goes off. All the while, Tate keeps getting 10+ points week in and week out.

This week, Welker's riding the pine.

I know it goes against conventional wisdom to play your handcuff as your flex, but screw it. He's the most consistent option I've got.

Hardcore Texan 11-27-2011 11:28 AM

I have decided to put Desean Jackson in......:hides:

Mr. White 11-27-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 1835674)
I have decided to put Desean Jackson in......:hides:

Wish I did :wadepalm: